test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about KDF Cloak

hunnarhunnar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've got a dumb question, but I figured I'd ask anyway... I know that if I'm in a PVP battle that my enemies cannot see me when I'm cloaked. I also know that outside of PVP, if I cloak (say in the space surrounding Qo'Nos) that I can see my fellow KDF members when they cloak (albiet as a blueish transparant outline of their ships.) My question is this: Do FED Players see the same blueish outline if I cloak in front of them, outside of combat? Or do I disappear from their view like in PVP?
BTW, Sorry if this question was asked before. I didn't find it in a search, though.
Post edited by hunnar on

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed players can see you in STFs and other shared content. I'm not completely sure about social zones, but I believe they see you in those as well.
  • hunnarhunnar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks. I figured as much... Would've been more worth it for the Maurader accolade if the KDF couldn't see you when cloaked in social areas.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I never got why Cryptic made it that way. Half of the fun of playing a rogue is sneaking up on your friends, heck even Sisko knew that when he introduced the Defiant.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still feel that cloaking should work everywhere, even sector space.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P