test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding after beam out to new ship

admtyadmty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I got promoted to Centurion? The one right after Lieutenant. I got the new ship and set everything up, and when I beamed back to the ship I get a Server Not Responding error that goes on infinitely. I left to get dinner and came back and it was still there, and now every time I log in to that character it does the same thing. I'm not able to get back into my Romulan character anymore.
Post edited by admty on

Comments

• resumodresumod Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have this on my fed char on tribble.
    I warped out with him from esd to esd space. And now i get this error even when i end the game (not the nice way, i have to do it with the task manager) and and log back in for the same char.
    I can log in on my other romulan tribble char.
  • admtyadmty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried a router restart, and then a fresh install of STO, in case the problem was on my end. Even tried a fix from online that suggest using the proxy. Nothing works... is the character just lost now? BLAH!
  • dips62dips62 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Exact same problem. I was just growing fond of the little guy, too.
  • comkiller007comkiller007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same problem. How many of you picked KDF for your ally? I tried the force verify and also tried turning off on-demand updates so the client would do a full update. But neither worked. Can we get some feed back from the Dev's Please?
  • dips62dips62 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I went Fed. Just tried disabling on-demand patching too...no dice. Looks like my guy is lost for now.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same thing happen to me earlier. Server isn't responding, but only for the Romulan character. I picked Klingon for my ally, got my new ship, put gear into it, and got into sector space, and then the ship couldn't move anywhere, and got booted from the server. When I try to connect, it just keeps loading. This is only for the Romulan character, the fed and klingon ones I have work allright.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, it looks like server not responding isn't going away.
    edited April 2013
    Just got the latest auto patch, still not able to get into my Romulan... Blah.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just leaving my romulan ship bridge when this happened. Server not responding. The timer just keeps climbing. I waited over 15 mins but it doesn't recover. Like someone said earlier, I was just getting fond of him.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • norainnorainbow1norainnorainbow1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chk231 wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen to me earlier. Server isn't responding, but only for the Romulan character. I picked Klingon for my ally, got my new ship, put gear into it, and got into sector space, and then the ship couldn't move anywhere, and got booted from the server. When I try to connect, it just keeps loading. This is only for the Romulan character, the fed and klingon ones I have work allright.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me as a result of the latest patch. It usually happens when it is loaded up to 72 per cent.
  • rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same issue since last night, after trying to leave the station ran by ferangi, like others, its just my romulan, i know its in beta and there's gonna be issues, but please at least you know about it and are working on it cryptic. also i'd advise waiting a bit on deleting your character, a similar then happened to me with my gorn a few months back, after about a week and a half, an update finally fixed it.
    edited April 2013
    It's pretty clear that not just one scenario causes the issue, but the common factor seems to be beaming back to the ship. I wish the STO team would say something about this, how can we help with the beta if we can't even play? I suppose we could start a new character, but blah.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I'm going to wait until the next patch to continue, this last patch threw a wrench, bucket of water, 2 squirrels and a cherry bomb into the game making it just too frustrating to mess with.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited April 2013
    So I have the newly released patch for tribble, and the problem is still there. There really must be alot more people out there with this problem, I can't imagine it being isolated to the small group who has posted here.
  • norainnorainbow1norainnorainbow1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine has not worked since I beamed at Drozana I still have this problem as well. My KDF and Federation characters still works on tribble. So I deleted them to create a new Romulan character, and he works. I want to be able to use my old Romulan again though..
  • rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, problem is still there for me too, i'd delete and remake but who knows if it will happen again, plus im hoping to get my old comp working soon which might make a difference. oh yeah and if this helps, the comp im on now is windows 7. also has anyone deleting tribble and downloading it from scratch? dont want to try that lengthy process if people have, if not ill try it and post the results
    edited May 2013
    rpg4ever wrote: »
    yep, problem is still there for me too, i'd delete and remake but who knows if it will happen again, plus im hoping to get my old comp working soon which might make a difference. oh yeah and if this helps, the comp im on now is windows 7. also has anyone deleting tribble and downloading it from scratch? dont want to try that lengthy process if people have, if not ill try it and post the results

I've uninstalled STO and reinstalled it, the error is not on our PC... It has to be on the servers.