test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character screen goes black

leonafioraleonafiora Member Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
At the character select screen if you hit to create a new character and then go back to select your already made characters the screen goes black with only the build number showing. The only way to fix this is to go back to the login screen but it seems to repeat when you log back in requiring you to fully exit out of the game and relaunch from the launcher. I apologize if this has already been reported.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can bypass it without exiting completely, I found; I noticed that it flashed briefly the character I wanted to play before it went to black, and I hit either space or enter (or both?) and it lit up for the beam-out animation and it continued on into the game. I noticed the background at the time wasn't the usual starry background...maybe like a shipyard?

Tested just now, I was able to replicate the problem, and I hit space to launch the current character; the background was something like looking out the Shipyard window in ESD.
  • Options
    arkhamanarkhaman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also found that it doesn't have to be new character -> existing character. The screen will also go black if you click between two of your existing characters. In addition to hitting spacebar, hitting the enter key will also launch whichever character is selected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cryolordcryolord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed. Went to char creator, then clicked back and screen went black. ALT+TABed out and back with no effect. Menu gui still worked though as I could blindly go down the list and choose a character. After loading char, graphics returned to normal.