test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

prepatching broken

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I jw, I heard someone say they had downloaded 1.5 TB while patching

They probably meant 1.5GB. Even on the fastest internet download speeds, it would take a week to download 1.5TB ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With Disable-Ondemand-Patching checked, the Patch size of this download is 5114MB
    I am currently holding at 3313.4mb/5114mb , Received 2078.1mb - 64%

At this time, my CPU is getting active with the process, either waiting with all its might, or doind stuff in memory/cpu with the patching.....
  • thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    With Disable-Ondemand-Patching checked, the Patch size of this download is 5114MB
    I am currently holding at 3313.4mb/5114mb , Received 2078.1mb - 64%

Ahh, thank you, guess I will have to wait till Wedneday to update, I hate having limited bandwidth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captexpendablecaptexpendable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, for us noobs in the audience, if we cancel out will we restart the patch after maintenance at 61%? Or will we have to start from scratch?
  • thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, for us noobs in the audience, if we cancel out will we restart the patch after maintenance at 61%? Or will we have to start from scratch?
    When you restart at patch it might say it's going back to 0, but it keeps everything you have already patched. It just starts from 0 again with whatever's left. So if you have a 3 gig patch and you patch 1.5 gigs and stop. It says you stop at 50%. When you restart it says 0%, but you're only patching 1.5 gigs - so you're at 0 of 1.5 rather than 0 of 3.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It seems to be restarting for me. it starts back off at 0, and the download size stays the same.

What's worse, since it patches after you leave the game, when you rleanch, you have to first repatch to the current patch (though that's only ~3 MB), then close the game then the paatch starts off from scratch.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I noticed if I cancel a pre-patch, it will freezes when trying to pre-patch again unless i delete the pre-patch files in the game folder.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm glad it's not just me. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    When you restart at patch it might say it's going back to 0, but it keeps everything you have already patched. It just starts from 0 again with whatever's left. So if you have a 3 gig patch and you patch 1.5 gigs and stop. It says you stop at 50%. When you restart it says 0%, but you're only patching 1.5 gigs - so you're at 0 of 1.5 rather than 0 of 3.

That's true for regular patching. Pre-patching seems to restart completely, but like tuskin67 said, it looks like closing it halfway through breaks it.

• revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    looks like the patch has gon live for tribble, has stopped at 64% for me tho :(
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are already doing maintenance on tribble. Might as well wait until it comes back up and patch properly then....
    Me, I am going to go play some GTA4 to pass the time before bed :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• terminationshockterminationshock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    revenis wrote: »
    looks like the patch has gon live for tribble, has stopped at 64% for me tho :(

Yes and stopped at 62% for me...
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patching has moved from the prepatching after starting the game, to full patching with the regular launcher.

3312.4 / 5113mb .... 64% patching ....

The difference between 62 & 64 might be explained by the level of your previous tribble install.
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Patching has moved from the prepatching after starting the game, to full patching with the regular launcher.

3312.4 / 5113mb .... 64% patching ....

The difference between 62 & 64 might be explained by the level of your previous tribble install.
    its not, its i have patching on demand disabled, with it turned on it was 62%
  • thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dont know what they did but I got you All beat... Mine Locked up at 0.0%!!!!
    got all of 74kb downloaded... i've stopped it after 15 minutes of waiting and tried again and still the same...
    Guess I'll try Tribble tommorow and play my Rommie :(
  • bradfordmadsonbradfordmadson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my tribble wil not even get to 1% just says patched 28kb/1456mb i think the launcher broke
  • pwforum00001pwforum00001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just chiming in as another patcher who is stalled at 64.1%.

The Star Trek Online.exe Cryptic Game Launcher is consistently using 13% CPU but seems to be doing nothing.

This happened during the prepatch a couple hours ago and now, with a computer restart between to make sure it isn't my box.

Please feed the hamsters.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bit slow on the uptake; they're already aware of it

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9534791&postcount=18

Actually I posted that before Branflakes reply.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    POsted in another thread that enabling "patch via proxy" seems to fix the problem. It seems to be working for me this way!
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    prepatch locked at around 42%. I tried again after dinner. Made it to 61.5% Probably too many trying to download too big of a patch.

"She cannae take it, Captin!" : )
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can finish patching as well. Stuck at 65%:mad:
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bet they went home. Otherwise there would be some kind of update.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    POsted in another thread that enabling "patch via proxy" seems to fix the problem. It seems to be working for me this way!

Same here - obviously, the download speed is not optimal, but at least I'm making a dent on that last 1.8 GB.

Patch via proxy, folks - it's in the launcher options.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • wlc355wlc355 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This patcher gets to 1% and it stays there. This is an connectivity issue on there end so i'm not too worried about it. If they fix thats great if oh well if they don't it's just a game.
  • romstarromstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got to 62% with patching on demand disabled, then switched to patching on demand and it doesn't even start, just sits at 0%.
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Left the patching window up and it just kicked in. Go, baby, go! : ) (like what you'd say at a rocket launch not by North Korea :P )
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wlc355 wrote: »
    This patcher gets to 1% and it stays there. This is an connectivity issue on there end so i'm not too worried about it. If they fix thats great if oh well if they don't it's just a game.
    romstar wrote: »
    Got to 62% with patching on demand disabled, then switched to patching on demand and it doesn't even start, just sits at 0%.

Have you guys tried patching by proxy?
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK......As others suggested, I patched using the proxy in the options.

But.........as soon as I logged in on my Romulan I received the "It's a Fake" accolade. LMAO! :D

Proof! safake.jpg
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Screenshot showing the broken files that need to be replaced!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/linksword01/LOOKITSTHEWTEXFILES_zpse8fa22de.png