test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game client crashes

wlc355wlc355 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Hello everyone

Have you experiences the game client crash when trying to assign boffs to ship statuion and away team assignment?
Post edited by wlc355 on

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't had any problem with ship stations being emptied and haven't needed to reassign bridge officers, so far.

However, on my level 7 Romulan, I logged in beamed up to my ship from the Romulan Flotilla, then tried to assign boffs to my away team when the game crashed on me. :(
  • Options
    thechervilthechervil Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been able to assign the ship stations, but anytime I touch the away team slots I crash to desktop.

First time I wasn't sure what had happened, after the 2nd I started filling out the report.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here, Bridge assignments repeatedly need to be reslotted when changing zones and just clicking on the ground assignments means an automatic crash to desktop.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing here.

Everytime I enter/exit a mission. Or beam up to the ship I have to reassign boffs to stations.

I know the last time I crashed I was trying to assign a boff to a ground station. I'm not sure if that is why I crashed every other time. But I think it might be.
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here; whenever trying to assign a BOff to away team or even to look at options for bridge slots.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed that trying to setup an away team does indeed crash the game.
  • Options
    jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thechervil wrote: »
    I have been able to assign the ship stations, but anytime I touch the away team slots I crash to desktop.

First time I wasn't sure what had happened, after the 2nd I started filling out the report.

This is exactly the same issue I have.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, I've been getting the same issue. I haven't had any BOffs fall out of previous assignments lately but I just picked up my third and wanted to assign her to my default away team. Crashes every time I try to set it. This being late on a Friday night, I doubt that we'll see anything on this until Monday.
  • Options
    ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have had the same issue.
  • Options
    djcenglanddjcengland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have too.

Fortunately, you can still select away team when you beam down.
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Same issues. Game totally crashes when trying to assign BOFFs or Standard away team while at ESD or Flotilla. Every map change empties assignments except for my Tac Officer.
  • Options
    marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    each time swich map have to redo boff skills in tray and each time I try to assign away team game crashes
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    print screen Image of where I clicked

5dmnmo.jpg

1 of the Error ID # 20214691

on 2 different characters its crashed every time that I clicked on ground away team person.
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just experienced this issue on one of my Romulan characters, Tyrik.

Happened all three time I tried setting away team officers on the stations tab of the status window.

Ticket #: 20214691

The odd thing is, I was able to set and manage away team officers in the same manner, on Vreidak, another Romulan toon, the other day/week. So not sure what has changed.

Will test with Fed toon and report back.

Update;
    Same happens with a Fed toon transferred from Holodeck.
    Same happens with a Fed toon created and levelled on Tribble.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Were all having this issue its a bug from the last patch so were all waiting on a new patch that will hopefully fix alot of the bugs from the previous patch.
  • Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and here I came into the thread hoping someone had a workaround for the ground boff crash.

I've found for the space boffs unassigning that, once you're zoned in and not in a dialogue or red alert, hit U (to open the status panel) and they seem to fall into place. Annoying, but manageable. And since we can pretty much peace out any fight we want...
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed this little "quirk" as well recently.

Possibly related, I crash to desktop every time I begin the Gasko Station mission. I suspect this might be linked to whatever BOFF issue is causing the crash during away team selection since the crash immediately follows my clicking through the mission away team screen.
  • Options
    mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup I have 2 assigned but everytime I try to assign another one it closes to desktop.
  • Options
    cryolordcryolord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just about to report the same thing... How am I supposed to assign my ground crew if I keep having client crashes?
  • Options
    cherojcheroj Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My client not only crashes any time I even think about changing an away team slot, but the crash REPORT client also crashes and I can't even tell Cryptic what the issue is!