test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFF skills empty after every map transition

richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. Or if anyone else has the same problem, for that matter.
After every map transition in space, my BOFF skills are empty. I need to pull up the character window, select the stations tab, and click the drop-down on one of the stations. Then the skills suddenly reappear.
I've tried transitioning into a battle situation, to see if the skills are actually there, just 'invisible', but no luck.
Post edited by richarddover on

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I've been getting the same just recently.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • myzcarmyzcar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here. I can get them back but its annoying when I jump into the middle of a battle because I cant then.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found that one of my boffs thinks he's a ship, often. A Romulan that was a reward for one of the missions but not one of the four "story" boffs. Fixing him was the same as the OP's post, so maybe look to see if you have one guy that has a ship icon instead of a boff icon.
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    I am experiencing the exact same issue.
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem here.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here, every danm map move!
  • spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same happens to me after leaving or entering any instance etc. im guessing its a problem with the new UI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same problem up to level 22. I then replaced Tovan Khev with another Romulan tactical officer and something else happened. The only BOFF that would leave his post would be the last Science Officer. Reassign him instantly "awoke" the 3 other BOFFs who were sleeping at their posts.

The one thing that worries me is that release is less than a month away. Please fix this.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whats happening with me is at they don't leave but all their abilities are empty. I have to go into stations and replace one and then put it back. and then the other abilities light up.

I hope they are fixing this. I wonder is it due to the "special" status of the boffs
  • stev2510stev2510 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. Or if anyone else has the same problem, for that matter.
    After every map transition in space, my BOFF skills are empty. I need to pull up the character window, select the stations tab, and click the drop-down on one of the stations. Then the skills suddenly reappear.
    I've tried transitioning into a battle situation, to see if the skills are actually there, just 'invisible', but no luck.

I'm also getting this problem, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next patch :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't experience this problem until........I replayed the episode "Crossroads at Crateris". It's the episode where you get the Reman female engineer, Veril, that is part of the storyline.

I had taken Veril with me as part of my away team and the NPC version of her was in the mission also making 2 copies of her there.

When I beamed back to my ship to fight off some Tal'shiar, I had the window for Veril and the dialogue option of "Welcome aboard".

Once in sector space after the mission I noticed my boff stations were empty. I went to the station tab and all except the Tactical station were set to "None", the tactical station was just blank. I clicked it and suddenly my boffs were all restationed. The strange thing is, in the dropdown for the tactical station it showed Veril twice and not Tovan who is at this time my only tactical officer.

Then I replayed the episode "Gasko Blues" where you get Hiven as a bridge officer. Again I had Hiven in my party so there were 2 of him in the map. After the mission, in sector space I went to restation my boffs when I noticed that now the top science station is blank. When clicking on it I see Hiven twice. In the UI it shows my boff's faces and names except for the 1 station that is blank.

boffstationbug1.jpg
    boffstationbug2.jpg
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same problem, but with the male science officer. I replayed that mission to get the higher level uncommon singularity core. Now my boffs unseat with every map transition, clearly they need some discipline lessons on these vessels!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Weird. After replaying "Turning Point" for a third time and then spending expertise on boff skills, the problem seems to have corrected itself. No idea what is going on. :confused:
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    revalah wrote: »
    I wonder is it due to the "special" status of the boffs

No, it's not. I ported my KDF officer over to test drive those missions, and every time I log in, I have to pop open my Stations tab. At least, when I do that, I only have to "re-set" one officer and it reactivates them all, but it's getting maddening.
  • leosg1leosg1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is happening in all the faction in Tribble, fed and Klingon boff all disappear when changing map and starting missions. hopefully they fix very soon.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my engineer keeps trying to abanden ship (she u slots her self on every map transfair) the rest i think go to the bar n leaves my doff in charge of my bridge
    i reslot my engineer n the rest jump back to there stations
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed this after transferring my KDF over from Holodeck. Every time I map moved the abilities on the hotbar would disappear, though the BOFFs would still be at their stations I simply could not use their abilities.
  • bierfreiherrbierfreiherr Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same problem with my federation character.