test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hard crash when replacing away-team Security with bridge officer

sirannataan3sirannataan3 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I've had this happen three times but only thought to submit a crash report the third time the form popped up.

What has happened is this: I recently discharged one of my away-team members so that I could test Reman costuming on a newly acquired officer. When I discharged the away-team member, he was replaced with Security, as would be expected. Now, though, I can't replace Security with another away-team member. As soon as I click the drop-down menu, I get a hard crash of the game and have to do a full file verification.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've had this happen three times but only thought to submit a crash report the third time the form popped up.

What has happened is this: I recently discharged one of my away-team members so that I could test Reman costuming on a newly acquired officer. When I discharged the away-team member, he was replaced with Security, as would be expected. Now, though, I can't replace Security with another away-team member. As soon as I click the drop-down menu, I get a hard crash of the game and have to do a full file verification.

I thought I would add to this list. I too just had the hard crash after attempting to set my away team. I did submit a report, but only the first time.I have never set my away team before. I am not sure what other info is helpful at this time.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also have this bug. Submitted a crash report.

I couldn't even open the drop down menu, that was when it crashed.
  • drac0s65drac0s65 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have had this happen several times and have submitted crash reports on all but the first. I would like to see this get fixed.
    Vice Admiral Ky'Lian Berat - U.S.S. AVALON
  • bazgcbazgc Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Same issue here. Tried it both in ground and in sector space but crashes both times.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue here. I am playing a Federation Romulan in this case, and every time I try to pull down the list, I get a hard crash. I did submit a crash ticket. I have tried it both in the Tau Dewa system, and while inside the Flotilla. Both occasions crashed.

Edit and Update: I just tried to update my away team on a KDF Romulan, whom I had previously been able to update before the last patch, and it now hard crashes as well.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this is related to the same bug that causes a Boff station in the ship section to go blank and then causes all Boff abilities to deactivate/disappear from your tray.

I tried to do the same change out of Boff in my ground section and the "hard" crash occurred every time I touched a function under the Ground section of the Station tab.

There are numerous bugs in storyline (found an ash colored Fed officer in several of the Time travel missions and my Boffs were stuck trying to move through a wall on the old Fed space station). I sure hope they QA the game before introducing a lot of old bugs that have reappeared and new bugs that just sap away the fun of the game. :confused:
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just experienced this issue on one of my Romulan characters, Tyrik.

Happened all three time I tried setting away team officers on the stations tab of the status window.

Ticket #: 20214691

The odd thing is, I was able to set and manage away team officers in the same manner, on Vreidak, another Romulan toon, the other day/week. So not sure what has changed.

Will test with Fed toon and report back.

Update;
    Same happens with a Fed toon transferred from Holodeck.
    Same happens with a Fed toon created and levelled on Tribble.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=640991

This is but one thread of many on this current topic
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me 2,happened 3 times