test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher stuck at 87.5%

Trying to get into STO but the patcher is stuck at 87.5% and barely moving.

EDIT: Took Well over 20 minutes of the patcher being stuck but just completed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine's at 88.7 and stuck... standby for updates.

EDIT: Never mind, perfectly OK now.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed mine do that from time to time, the main counter seems to get ahead of the received counter, I've found that if it stops like that, it will get going again when the MBs on the received part catch up with the main patch level.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    If you encounter this, please press control+x and reply with what file is taking long to patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Had this happen to me, took me 45 minutes to patch...was stuck at 88% for about 30 minutes! It finally finished though!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed this problem too. The patcher would run through really fast in the past but since the last 4 patches it is awefully low. Didn't change anything and yet there is something weird with the patch server. For the first time I also got an "Connection lost" message today while patching.
  • spockmuncherspockmuncher Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you encounter this, please press control+x and reply with what file is taking long to patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Possibly shaderCache.hogg, taking it's sweet time.

Also to add, same with aegon1ice mentioned, the last 3-4 patches have been like this.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Possibly shaderCache.hogg, taking it's sweet time.

Also to add, same with aegon1ice mentioned, the last 3-4 patches have been like this.

FYI - it appears the files are taking a LONG time to decompress and write out to some players hard drives because here's what I've noticed:

In the <Ctrl>+<X> window:

shaderCache.hogg (or some other large file sits at 100% and you think the launcher is stalled; but it isn't. If you look at the status and it reads 'REQ WRITE' - it means after downloading, it's decompressing/writing the file to your hard drive - and as Cryptic games have expanded; the shaderCache.hogg (and some other files) have gotten to the point where they're actually taking a longer time to write out.

It also seems to tale a while to 'mirror' files too; and for some reason the first time you load a Cryptic MMO client (CO, STO, NW) after a patch the progress bar on the 'CRYPTIC' load screen gets to a certain point; and then takes a LONG time before it starts to progress again.

I have a feeling the first time you load up, the game is re-writing some cache files for whatever reason.

But, yeah, if you have a large file showing 100% downloaded; and the patcher appears stalled, it's because it's taking a long time to decompress/write out that particular file to your hard drive.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had some trouble too with slow patching in the last few weeks. Sometimes it stalls for minutes and then continues very slowly.
  • luke3424luke3424 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the shaderCache.hogg is patching really slow for me too
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! I've passed along your reports to the team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just confirming/piling on, platformbin/PC/shaderbin/shaderCache.hogg is also taking inordinately long to patch for me. Been at it for over ten minutes now and, for just that file, it's only at 33%, and downloading at about 20K/sec (on a connection that can easily handle 2MB/sec sustained).
  • pcsnobpcsnob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am getting this problem as well, except mine is stuck at 70%

Using Ctrl+X shows the file in question is shaderCache.hogg, and it is stuck on 0%

After a while, it will say Error 14, the connection to the server was lost. I will then proceed to download the manifest file with no issues, before having the same problem over and over.

I have done a restart both of the game, the PC and my router. My pc is connected via a network cable and I can browse other sites fine. I even attempted to download other things as a test and that worked. I deleted the live folder under STO to test that it can download other large files, it worked but seeing as I did not want to download another 14 GB I restored the backup I made before deleting the live folder and now it is back to this problem.

I also managed to play about 24 hours ago (before the latest update) and that worked fine.

Edit: Now it suddenly just jumped to 100 and is working. How odd...
  • luke3424luke3424 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im getting the same error, and it keeps on restarting, but i sitll havent been able to get the thing patched:(

Edit: and the moment i posted this it finally finished patching YAY!!!
  • ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm also having this problem. gets to shaderCache.hogg waits for a while doing nothing, then error 14 (lost connection), repeat, been going round and round for at least 24hrs. (oh it's also crashed twice while doing this)

Is there a way go around this problem? (eg. can you download the updated shaderCache.hogg, overwrite the current one, and thus skip that file in the patch cycle as it's already done?)
  • eddy1309eddy1309 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hi, i can log in to perfect world account on the web page,
    but wont let me log in star trek with my PW log in ,

tryed for 1hour now,

what is happening
  • bishopblackbishopblack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly as the title says I'm trying to download the patch and it's stuck at 82.9% and it's not going anywhere.

Edit: Well now it seems time has proven me the jerk once again it is now done as of 6:34 PM after a good amount of time just being on 82.9%. Please ignore this post lock it if you must and mock me as you rightfully deserve.
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, unlike most of the other who've posted in this thread, posting about the failure of the patcher to update has not shamed it into behaving for me.

(Still sticking on shadercache.hogg, then losing connection (error 14) repeat ad nauseum)

Asking again if there's anyway round this?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried updating my Holodeck install with the May 2 patch. Once this morning. And again this evening. Both attempts result in the patch just sitting at 82.7%. Suggestions?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, I managed to solve this myself. I opened the Options in the Launcher and was going to select Force Verify. When I did this, I immediately noted that Patch via Proxy had been selected.

[conspiracy theory] Oddly enough, I only recall having selected as such through my Neverwinter Launcher when that was an issue a few days ago[/conspiracy theory]. I unselected Patch via Proxy for STO and this seemed to resolve the matter.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took me 2.3 hours to do the update, pressed ctrl+x and watched every single file patch at a blazing speed of 10kb per MINUTE! lol yes I'm not joking, the average speed was below 1kb/s while I monitored the speeds with other software. I was not downloading anything else, and I make sure my connection was open and stuff. The previously mentioned file was indeed the slowest one. I tried the update 3 times, and I was monitoring the second and third attempt only. During the second the application quit unexpectedly. Then the third time it worked, took 10 minutes to do the 170MB update, something that normally takes me less than a minute. Are your updates servers a bit overworked or is there connection problems with some regions?:confused:
    edited May 2013
    Still can't patch (shadercache.hogg, stall, loses connection) this is getting silly

Need Advice on ways to bypass this problem
  • panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is this the same for LOADING a mission I'm having a problem with my Federation/Romulan on Tribble entering the level 15 Mission. I can play my Klingon/Romulan and all other characters on both Holodeck and tribble.

I just get "SERVER NOT RESPONDING"
  • bishopblackbishopblack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's stuck at received 221 KB and 7.9%
    The file it seems to be having a hard time transferring is GameClient.exe

Edit: and now it's having a problem with shaderCache.hogg after I restarted the download and done it just get's stuck on one thing occasionally and now that I know about the ctrl + x command I can watch it unstuck itself.
  • tielealtieleal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like I am having this issue again. The file mine is stuck on is ClientMessagesGerman.bin
    velsig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitment
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh doing it again.....

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ShaderCashe.hogg
    edited May 2013
    Still failing (please note that this has been an effectively continuous fail since apr 28th for me)
    error 14s after reaching a standstill on shadercache.hogg (or gameclient.exe) occaisionally