test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have not played in a while

dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
So thinking of coming back to the game with the new Romulan Expansion on the horizon..How is the overall population.. when I was on a 1.5 yrs ago it was fading and my fleet was dwindling fast... Also, the klingon faction was too much of a grind.. are they planning more PVE content? Has the game picked up since the launch of F2P? Appreciate the feedback :)
Post edited by dakilla3000 on

Comments

• bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How is the overall population..

Larger

when I was on a 1.5 yrs ago it was fading and my fleet was dwindling fast...

Any fleet not actively recruiting is dying, the turnover rate in this game is high, the average STO player stays active less than 2 months

Also, the klingon faction was too much of a grind..

For now, KDF is less grindy than Fed, even after May 21st KDF should still be less grindy than fed

are they planning more PVE content?

New PvE content is added every few months, new stuff coming in a month

Has the game picked up since the launch of F2P?

not really. old wine, new skin
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i saw someone around earth the other day......
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are more players and the development team has grown. I think I've been in Tau Dewa sector instances that were in the 30s during primetime before. The population has been snowballing since it went Free to Play.

My biggest concern with Legacy of Romulus is probably going to be loading/login queues. I know I am going to be talking some people into checking it out and there are likely going to be a lot of new players in general. Furthermore, they're adding a starting experience to the Klingons and allowing them to start at level 1. (From what little I've been able to test of the Klingon start so far, I'd say it's probably at about a 9/10.. compared to the 11/10 of the Romulan storyline.) The episode structure is getting reworked a bit and a lot of missions are getting mirrored versions for the Klingons as well.

I'm just hoping enough new blood, Romulan or not, are going to align with the Klingons to make new ships be a viable business proposition for Cryptic. The KDF navy certainly has some gaps to fill.
  • dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info.. Good to hear this game is going strong and getting better. Since Romulans are my favorite race.. will give this a try for sure. Going to activate my monthly membership to take advantage of the perks.. also is the standard legacy pack worth the money? Don't think I have the funds for the other pack thats over a 100 bones.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info.. Good to hear this game is going strong and getting better. Since Romulans are my favorite race.. will give this a try for sure. Going to activate my monthly membership to take advantage of the perks.. also is the standard legacy pack worth the money? Don't think I have the funds for the other pack thats over a 100 bones.
    It's $31.00 worth of C-Store items for $20.00 - so around 30% off. If you want the T1 and T5 ship, and a Boff, then it's worth it. If you don't have any interest in flying that particular ship at T5 then probably not.

Either way you can buy it all individually on the C-Store for full-price once LoR goes live. You just can't get the title.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • arkhamanarkhaman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just returned to the game myself after a very extended break. I am pleasantly pleased by the STO I have returned to. Really excited about the new expansion, and I'm currently trying to consume a ton of content as fast as I can to get ready for it.

Hope you are enjoying your return as well, dakilla.

Now I just need to get into the Romulan character creator so I can finally make my Reman, haha.

Edit: szerontzur, also hoping that the KDF gets some troops. I really enjoyed my time playing with and against the KDF. To make matters worse, I left right after the new Gorn models went in. I was pretty sad to have to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing exclusive to the Legacy Pack is the title and unique Reman Doff pack. Everything else will be available when LoR comes out. If you buy a ton of ships and will play the Romulan faction, then it is a good deal. Otherwise, there is no point in getting it.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only thing exclusive to the Legacy Pack is the title and unique Reman Doff pack. Everything else will be available when LoR comes out. If you buy a ton of ships and will play the Romulan faction, then it is a good deal. Otherwise, there is no point in getting it.

The liberated reman boff is also claimable on all Rom characters on your account, which is worth something compared to the C-store one.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!