test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulans Locked (Tribble)

quinnyjnr8472quinnyjnr8472 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Im not sure if this is the right area to post, but I have 2 level 50 characters on tribble and when I go to create a new character it says i need a fed lv 25 to play romulans :confused:
Post edited by quinnyjnr8472 on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Devs REALLY need to sticky what is going on right now lol

Romulans are only playable right now to those people who got the beta invite on Thursday.

it is totally random on who got the invite it seems, as there were players who have just started playing ho got an invite...and players who have been in since the beginning who DIDNT get an invite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    quinnyjnr8472quinnyjnr8472 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for clarifying, some of my friends had the roms accessed and they didnt have any clue about a invite and just thought it was a bug on my end.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is where it gets confusing. I got an invite on this account, but on my LTS account I got no invite, yet I am able to play LOR on both accounts....

It is possible to not get an email and still be able to play in the closed beta. I put it down to the email getting lost along the way.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    glados122glados122 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you get to play as a Romulan by chance?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    glados122 wrote: »

I think the first round of invited go to people who test on Tribble a lot. The next round will probably have looser restrictions.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    glados122 wrote: »
    The people who test Tribble regularly got an invite. After that it's just random as to what players were given an invite - just like most Betas.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    zionlythzionlyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The people who test Tribble regularly got an invite. After that it's just random as to what players were given an invite - just like most Betas.

You'd think they'd... oh I don't know... give it to people who bought the LoR pack/LTS and have been playing since the original beta... but no, random seems like a way better idea.

Yeah lets do that...

Nice one Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zionlyth wrote: »
    You'd think they'd... oh I don't know... give it to people who bought the LoR pack/LTS and have been playing since the original beta... but no, random seems like a way better idea.

Yeah lets do that...

Nice one Cryptic.
    The Beta was opened the same day the Legacy Pack was released. And there is no way of knowing how many people would partake of the pre-order. As such it makes far more sense for buyers to make it into Round 2.

And even you must agree it makes more sense for established playtesters to test first rather then people who simply want to play but have no history in offering feedback? After all, it's a Beta, not a come and play test. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Beta was opened the same day the Legacy Pack was released. And there is no way of knowing how many people would partake of the pre-order. As such it makes far more sense for buyers to make it into Round 2.

And even you must agree it makes more sense for established playtesters to test first rather then people who simply want to play but have no history in offering feedback? After all, it's a Beta, not a come and play test. :)

I agree 100% that established testers should get in first. Where I disagree is I know that some brand new players who are FTP and have been playing for weeks got in, and that's were I have a problem.

Shouldn't you reward your loyal players first before giving the invite to whose who may or may not even care or be playing tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I agree 100% that established testers should get in first. Where I disagree is I know that some brand new players who are FTP and have been playing for weeks got in, and that's were I have a problem.

Shouldn't you reward your loyal players first before giving the invite to whose who may or may not even care or be playing tomorrow?
    Cryptic does not differentiate players between Silver and Gold. You can be Gold and never spend a dime in the C-Store or be Silver and have spent hundreds of dollars. Who's to say which group of players is more loyal when you do not have access to any purchase records?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic does not differentiate players between Silver and Gold. You can be Gold and never spend a dime in the C-Store or be Silver and have spent hundreds of dollars. Who's to say which group of players is more loyal when you do not have access to any purchase records?

Life Time Sub status, Zen Purchase record (yes they keep track of this but I wont go too much into it), Total sub time (linked to vet rewards) are just a few things they could have looked at.

So yes, there's plenty of ways to tell who's more loyal.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Life Time Sub status, Zen Purchase record (yes they keep track of this but I wont go too much into it), Total sub time (linked to vet rewards) are just a few things they could have looked at.

So yes, there's plenty of ways to tell who's more loyal.
    My LTS broke even over 17 months ago. I bought it at the pre-order price because it was cheaper then paying monthly. I have not purchased a single Zen since the game went FTP because I am able to grind and earn 5,000 Zen per month simply by playing 2-4 hours per day.

Who's to say based on that who the most loyal player is?

Money spent is a nice criteria, but it's not the only criteria.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Money spent is a nice criteria, but it's not the only criteria.

But it IS a criteria, as of right now there is no criteria other than the few 100 usual testers who got in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But it IS a criteria, as of right now there is no criteria other than the few 100 usual testers who got in.
    And for all you know the criteria for entrance was how much money someone has spent on the game over the last 3 months rather then the last 3 years.

Really this is just sound like nerd rage: "I didn't get in so it's not fair others did."

The open Beta is only a couple of weeks away. If you don't make it into group 2 you will certainly get into open Beta.
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No idea if a history of previous testing is taken into account, but I got into the Romulan closed beta. I was on Tribble for testing season 6 and season 7 as well*, and I was also on Tribble when the CE got spawned at DS9 a while ago.

Basically, if you want a hope in hell to get into future closed betas, I'd make sure you go on Tribble when there isn't a massive update imminent. That way, you look like you actually want to help test stuff, and you don't seem like the kind of "tester" that's actually not bothered about bug reporting and the like, they just want to spend 5 minutes seeing what's new and then never go back.

*S6 was during open beta, S7 was possibly open beta too.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    No idea if a history of previous testing is taken into account, but I got into the Romulan closed beta. I was on Tribble for testing season 6 and season 7 as well*, and I was also on Tribble when the CE got spawned at DS9 a while ago.

Basically, if you want a hope in hell to get into future closed betas, I'd make sure you go on Tribble when there isn't a massive update imminent. That way, you look like you actually want to help test stuff, and you don't seem like the kind of "tester" that's actually not bothered about bug reporting and the like, they just want to spend 5 minutes seeing what's new and then never go back.

*S6 was during open beta, S7 was possibly open beta too.
    Yeah. You can even go into Tribble now and test the new UI and Fed changes - such as Warp Cores. If you want to prove yourself as a tester then testing is the best way to do that.
  • Options
    intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes and no.

No; "Simple" features like character creation are mostly skipped by your "loyal" players. They have done it a thousand times by now and most of them don't even spend attention to it.
    Most new players are still eager to see what is behind each button and click on almost everything.
    Same applies to almost any part of the game. Most experienced players are getting lazy and can only be moved to do/test stuff when it's new, leaving behind the old and boring TRIBBLE.

Yes; new players can't test STF's. They don't know whats what and how it worked before previously. Experienced and loyal testers notice the difference in a STF. I wouldn't go as far to say that they can point out a 2% difference in DPS by the NPC's but they do see if proc's trigger more often, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Euh... no!
    Here's the definition of loyal:
    adj.
    1. Steadfast in allegiance to one's homeland, government, or sovereign.

As in "Cryptic" can never do wrong, cryptic is always right, etc.
    Loyal players is what you need to avoid if you want honest feedback.

I would even go as far as to say the feedback from players "who may or may not even care or be playing tomorrow" is worth more than the opinion of players who will keep playing no matter what.

I remember the invite mentioned that I received it because I've participated in previous testing on Tribble (I honestly only played long enough to get the rewards from the Tribble weekend).
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This explains why some people got invited to the Closed Beta while others didn't.
    Hi Captains,

A little clarification since I've seen a few questions about who got in the beta and why. First, as dStahl mentioned, we'll be getting more players in before the launch of Legacy of Romulus, including an open beta period. We can't wait for you all to be able to try it out and sincerely appreciate how excited you are by it.

For this first round of Closed Beta invites, they were sent to players who had tested on Tribble during the past several weeks since it's been updated with the new code for Legacy of Romulus, and those who had received Tribble Testing Rewards in the past for the more recent Tribble test weekends. This criteria allowed us to find players who have been testers in the past with the goal of them testing the new content and providing constructive feedback in the forums.

Again, we'll be getting many more of you in as soon as we can, as we know there are many of you who also can't wait to try it out and leave your feedback. Thanks for understanding and see you on Tribble soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So hardly go on Tribble or never go on Tribble and no Romulan access for now.
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got in, but I've tested every season on tribble since launch.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl