test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

YES finished the CE event!! Finally

number1romulannumber1romulan Member Posts: 151 Arc User
One interesting note - if you feel like doing it for the remainder of the event - each day for the shard you get 100 fleet marks on top of the 480 dilithium.

I did not know this.

Not a bad Fleet mark return for the 10 min event - that would be super if they continued it past the featured event.

1 shard = 100 marks and 480 dilithium - would keep this event busy that is for sure!
Post edited by number1romulan on

Comments

• ussweatherlightussweatherlight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I finished today too, on 2 characters.

After tomorrow I'll have made 250000+ dilithium, and a heck of a lot of fleet credit. Makes 2 weeks of tedious event playing somewhat worth it. If only I had something to spend all that dilithium on... Consoles aren't really worth it, since I use AP weapons, and refuse to use plasma. Tired of seeing everything in space covered in green fire.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • number1romulannumber1romulan Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I finished today too, on 2 characters.

After tomorrow I'll have made 250000+ dilithium, and a heck of a lot of fleet credit. Makes 2 weeks of tedious event playing somewhat worth it. If only I had something to spend all that dilithium on... Consoles aren't really worth it, since I use AP weapons, and refuse to use plasma. Tired of seeing everything in space covered in green fire.

Remember what I mentioned - each day you still do it - you get 1 shard = 100 fleet marks and 480 dilithium

I certainly hope they continue this past the event or the CE might become a ghost town.

Also great news - my last run I finished 1ST place as a Sci character in a Fleet NEBULA! - 2 dual beams/ 2 turrents/ 1 borp torp/1 romulan hyper torp
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One interesting note - if you feel like doing it for the remainder of the event - each day for the shard you get 100 fleet marks on top of the 480 dilithium.

I did not know this.

Not a bad Fleet mark return for the 10 min event - that would be super if they continued it past the featured event.

1 shard = 100 marks and 480 dilithium - would keep this event busy that is for sure!

The 100 marks for 1 shard thing was actually mentioned both in the Dev Blog that introduced it as well as the patch notes that the CE became active again in.
  • theonerussian762theonerussian762 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice, I had to go on a long 8usiness trip so im pro8a8ly not going to 8e a8le to finish it ::::(
    edited April 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    The 100 marks for 1 shard thing was actually mentioned both in the Dev Blog that introduced it as well as the patch notes that the CE became active again in.

True but I had yet to see anyone really talk about it on the forums yet while discussing the event.

Its all been: "it's too easy" "it's too hard" "it's too boring" "it's not fair to sci/eng"

Plus I am hoping they will continue his reward of fleet marks/dilitium after the event ends - to keep it active.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have three more days before I get the marks.
    I also hope they will continue the CE. Every little fleetmark producing event is dearly welcome. Boring or not, they are all needed. Grinding for those marks are close to the same feeling i get when doing exploration missions, to get a silly explorer title :D

I am really looking forward to getting 1000 of them at once. The dil, meh. Marks yey.
    /Floozy
  • ussweatherlightussweatherlight Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I routinely get 1st-3rd place on all my toons, except my eng... who has a pretty crappy build at the moment, so I expected that.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I deliberately went in with a crappy cruiser (star cruiser) build (Breen set, tetryon weapons, transphasic torpedoes) and still finished third. I'm also an Engineer.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will finish tomorrow with 6 characters and on Saturday with a seventh. After that I will maybe continue to collect fleet marks with my main and then stop alltogether. I have no idea how scoring works in that FA. My Aventine with top-gear that usually got 2nd place in other fleet actions and first if I really made an effort is now third and I have to fight to get second. I got first place one time, in my absolutely worst ship. A Marauder patrol cruiser with 3 polaron single cannons, 3 turrets and two plasma torpedo launchers, absolutely cheap gear and a BO setup that makes me think that my brain was on vacation when I made it.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oddly the only toon i have not placed with is my tac in a vo'quv lol

i expected that though as he is a fresh 50 with horrible gear
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • pyrophilepyrophile Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I probably could've gotten the project done but I'm completely apathetic to it. I actually just chose to level a new alt instead.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pyrophile wrote: »
    I probably could've gotten the project done but I'm completely apathetic to it. I actually just chose to level a new alt instead.

I would have done it, but I didn't feel like slowing down my Dilithium and FM acquisition for it. ;)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait to finish this TRIBBLE.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice, I had to go on a long 8usiness trip so im pro8a8ly not going to 8e a8le to finish it ::::(

Me too, so I am hoping the shards aren't deleted from my inventory, no word yet that I have seen on forums, and GM flat out told me he didn't know.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited April 2013
    I routinely get 1st-3rd place on all my toons, except my eng... who has a pretty crappy build at the moment, so I expected that.

My eng is the easiest for me to get first place on. It is a healer and it is either all the heals 2Aux Sif, HE, 2ETm, ES, and TSS that do it while orbiting the CE with all beams firing auto. OR.... I just get on teams with very low dps if heals dont calculate into the equation. :D
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    I deliberately went in with a crappy cruiser (star cruiser) build (Breen set, tetryon weapons, transphasic torpedoes) and still finished third. I'm also an Engineer.

I went in on my engineer today in a Galaxy R with Tetryon weapons, Chroniton Torpedoes and the Aegis set and got 2nd.
    edited April 2013
    i guess the question I want to know now - will you continue doing this in the future if they continue with the 100 FM and 480 dilithium - or will you avoid it?

I know without that 100 FM and 480 dilithium I will avoid it like the plauge.
    edited April 2013
    i guess the question I want to know now - will you continue doing this in the future if they continue with the 100 FM and 480 dilithium - or will you avoid it?

I know without that 100 FM and 480 dilithium I will avoid it like the plauge.

I think the 480 dilithium is standard, but there could be a daily associated with it like Nukara marks or something. I am TOTALLY SPECULATING, but it seems like it could be set up like the Gorn, Starbase 24, or that other space fleet mark daily optional. I heard someone talk about Nukara marks for the new Tholian rep system coming and I would assume that since the Tholians are in the CE the marks generated would be for their project.

That means it could look something like 50 marks and 960 dil for the daily.

I would think the event reputation project could repeat later, that way they can focus people every month or so on a new group mission. I at least hope so, i will only have 12 or fewer shards by the even of the month.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i guess the question I want to know now - will you continue doing this in the future if they continue with the 100 FM and 480 dilithium - or will you avoid it?...
    I finished this afternoon, and I probably keep playing for the Dilithium & Fleet Marks... But does anyone know what Event Rep points will be used for? as you get 5 for every additional Shard that you turn in...
    edited April 2013
    I finished this afternoon, and I probably keep playing for the Dilithium & Fleet Marks... But does anyone know what Event Rep points will be used for? as you get 5 for every additional Shard that you turn in...

They are being tight lipped about the post event time frame, but I could see the CE event repeating in a few months, but first they will cycle through other "events" for the reputation points. That way it recycles old content with short term rewards. However will they allow you to repeat the 50000dil project? I wonder if that is a one and done sort of thing and next time it comes around you can only get the 100 marks per shard.