test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no permission to create romulan or kdf character?

nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
I just signed up for Tribble and copied over 2 characters. Wanted to create a Romulan but the game tells me I have no permisison to do that, same with KDF. fed is the only wvailable option. What gives?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KDF is disabled in general now. Romulan is in a closed/invite-only step that you need to be invited in order to play.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    I just signed up for Tribble and copied over 2 characters. Wanted to create a Romulan but the game tells me I have no permisison to do that, same with KDF. fed is the only wvailable option. What gives?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9383361&postcount=344
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well that bites. A test server that won't let you test, interesting concept.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -facepalm-
  • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013

Nope, it is letting you test. It's closed testing though at the moment, meaning you must receive an invite to participate in the testing.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It wont let you because you do not have an invite for the closed beta testing

Tribble is the test server if you did not receive the closed beta invite you still get to test unique functions like the new character creation and use the new UI and other interfaces.
    vitzh wrote: »
    Nope, it is letting you test. It's closed testing though at the moment, meaning you must receive an invite to participate in the testing.

Yup spot on
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think Cryptic is not interest in "testers" that fail to read. :o But what can I know.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    But what can I know.

Chimichangas are good fried?

T'TRIBBLE should be your vulcan slave?

Just like james T Kirk green women like you?

Im just joking :)
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Well, Nukara Reputation is possible now, so there's that. UI Changes [in game, and Char creation].

There's the change to Science abilities targetting arc. RCS Consoles touchup.

They also want folks testing stuff that's not Romulans :).
    edited April 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic is not interest in "testers" that fail to read. :o But what can I know.

Oh sorry I failed to find that cunningly hidden bit of information. It certainly doesn't warrant inclusion in, say, the FAQ. Would be far too easy to find that way.
    edited April 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    Well, Nukara Reputation is possible now, so there's that. UI Changes [in game, and Char creation].

There's the change to Science abilities targetting arc. RCS Consoles touchup.

They also want folks testing stuff that's not Romulans :).

That's true but Romulans are, naturally of the greatest interest at the moment. The requirement of having "tested" a previous episode just doesn't make all that much sense. For once, it locks out all newer players. Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    This was only the first round of invites. They'll be putting out more invites and ending with an open beta in the coming weeks.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh sorry I failed to find that cunningly hidden bit of information. It certainly doesn't warrant inclusion in, say, the FAQ. Would be far too easy to find that way.

How was it hidden? It's like one of the first posts in the news section....in fact I think it's stickied.
    edited April 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    This was only the first round of invites. They'll be putting out more invites and ending with an open beta in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the info. Any idea what criteria will be used to select those upcoming rounds of invites?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info. Any idea what criteria will be used to select those upcoming rounds of invites?
    I assume the first criteria was being an avid Tribble tester. Beyond that it's random, like most Beta tests.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tested seasons 6 and 7, and I didn't get an invite. However, I'm still able to test Romulans. I believe it's due to the fact that I turned the Promotional emails off from Cryptic/PWE. So, saying that you must receive an invite isn't really true.

OP, just wait a little while longer, there will be an open beta for LoR, and even a Tribble Test Weekend for LoR.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, looking forward to an opportunity to test the new content, will check out the other changes in the meantime. Pity the KDF side appears to be absolutely dead there.
  • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    I tested seasons 6 and 7, and I didn't get an invite. However, I'm still able to test Romulans. I believe it's due to the fact that I turned the Promotional emails off from Cryptic/PWE. So, saying that you must receive an invite isn't really true.

Unless that was how they notified you?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unless that was how they notified you?
    I am still able to test the Romulans. I was notified that I was able to make a Romulan just by going to the creator and seeing that the Romulan tab was ready to be used.

For those who have turned their promotional/marketing emails off, read this from BranFlakes:
    Is it possible you are opted out of marketing emails? If you are, you wouldn't have received an email. Try logging into Tribble and checking if you can make one. You might have to delete your Tribble characters (make sure it's on Tribble and NOT Holodeck!), transfer a new one over, and then see if the option pops up. If it doesn't, you're not in it yet.
    Here's where you can see Brandon's post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9384191&postcount=349
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • xantarsxantars Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think they are actualy looking for people that will file bug reports and not just play it to see how fast the can max lvl the toon. I know i got my invite cause when ever i play on tribble I am always filing tickets when i find new bugs that need to be crushed
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?

considering i bought an LTS at launch (or week of launch, cant remember) and Got all the special tribbles but one, and bought the romulus starter pack. meaning i did a lot of tribble testing and i got an invite means one thing...... they are looking for people who actually run around on tribble a lot, not someone who just wants to see stuff before its released.

It means they obviously do consider LTS, Subbers and purchasers of any type.... so long as they tested they had a chance at getting in on closed beta 1. there will be more invites and such, so i dont see why your getting worked up.
  • smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's true but Romulans are, naturally of the greatest interest at the moment. The requirement of having "tested" a previous episode just doesn't make all that much sense. For once, it locks out all newer players. Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?

Considering this is a beta test, don't you think they might prioritise people who've shown they actually file bug reports and such-like from past tests? I have an LTS and have bought the Legacy pack. I did both without any expectation of getting any sneak preview of LoR on Tribble - I simply bought them because what was in them looked good (and, in the case of the LTS, I did this when the idea of a Romulan faction was nothing more than that - an idea being punted around on the forums by players). I did actually get into the closed beta, but I strongly suspect that is more down to the fact I have actually filed bug reports in past tests, most recently the Neverwinter beta weekends, than because I laid out some cash.