test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Show a Role Player Some Love!

angelgigaangelgiga Member Posts: 63 Arc User
First off, I want to say I love Star Trek Online. I?ve been here from the very start and stayed with it through thick and thin, even when servers are full up and things bug out to within an inch of their lives and not once have I ever complained. I never complained about game Q?s, server lag. Nothing. I submitted my bug reports and got on with it.

We know you will get requests for stuff all the time, endless in fact we are sure! But we role players seem to have been forgotten in the rush towards new seasons and updates.

Cryptic, I remember a long time ago, in the distance you actively encouraged roleplaying. New emote packs were released and all sorts of nice things happened as you released new bridges, emotes and interiors.

We seem to have gotten away from some of that and while the New Romulan Faction looks and plays amazingly well, as a role player, I find myself slightly disappointed again with this next update.

Being the constructive guy that I am, I don?t want you bring up problems without a suggestion for fixing them and I have lots of ideas for you to inject some new life into the massive Star Trek Online role play community!

1. For ages lots of role players have wanted to use bridges to run in game roleplay, player crewed ships only to be dismayed that some of our favourite bridges are filled to the bulkheads with NPCs. I am sure I am not alone in dreaming of a button or a /command that would dismiss these NPCs from that map for the duration of its brief existence (as we all know they despawn as soon as the last player leaves). It would free up all the slots and seats on the bridge allowing role players more immersion, being able to take the seats and ship positions that they are playing.

2. Alerts. This is Star Trek after all; a player should be able to go onto their bridge and set Red, Yellow, Blue and Green alerts at will. Again this can be done in a /command and would be a purely graphical update, not requiring extra UI buttons at all. Most of us role players know the /command list off by heart, after all we use /emotes to death! We would love to see the consoles turn to a different colour and hear a klaxon wailing in the background, immersing ourselves in the Red Alert status as we face down whatever enemy or terrible thing we have created for ourselves or see the dark blue hue seep in as we fight off the latest deadly virus to escape the medical labs somewhere!

3. Extra emotes! We would love the ability to steal some of the emotes already programmed in the game and that are enabled to be used on NPC?s in the foundry such as Type on Console or injured emotes etc. These emotes are AMAZING, already animated and ready to go, all you need to do is give us access to them! It would also really help give a boost to a role player?s immersion in the amazing universe you have created.

4. Finally, this is a big one, already on your list and we role players understand this is on the to-do list someday. The ability to create our own ship interiors in the foundry. We cannot express how much this would make us jump for joy. The ability to create our own offices, quarters, mess halls, engineerings. The possibilities are endless. Most of the assets are already in the foundry and it does look like you are slowly working towards this. But we beg you to keep going with this. We can?t wait for the day when we can stroll down the corridors of a ship interior that we have designed ourselves!

At the risk of going on forever, I?ll stop here. There is so much more you could do to show the role playing community some love but baby steps are best! We love this game, we choose to play and role play here! The above suggestions would go a long way to keeping our community happy and engaged.

Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by angelgiga on

Comments

• Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I couldn't agree more here.

I have been running a RP in game for almost two years now. On September 2011 a group of RP'ers started the Startrek Valkyrie RP. It has run almost every Sunday excluding Holiday weeks since its conception and what has been brought up here is something I would love.

I am not bashing here in any way, I love STO, I love the ability to RP on the bridge of a ship, to explore strange new worlds with a real away team, to go into battle with a group of friends and have a smashing experience while doing it.

I understand that PWE needs to make profit, that they need to draw new players and new funds. Some of us have been here since launch, some of us came in at the middle like me, some of us are just now discovering STO, but we all love it, and love the opertunity it has given us.

I humbly ask PWE to at the very least take a look at this, take a look at those that have spent the last few years loving this game and loving what we get to do in it.

Loki
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    fatimah1070fatimah1070 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice job Ash;

You love for RP and it's communities still astounds me :)

Yes Indeed Cryptic we could use more detailed bridges and emote packs to help in the Field of Roleplay

The foundry as whole needs to be restarted killing that was really a devastating strike against Fleets in the desire to maintain and created a strong RP community I hope in the future you will show roleplayers love and add on the RP structure of STO

It is 90% of the fun

Thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Interested in Role Playing? Join the 12th Fleet Medical division!
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Two thumbs up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The last time a roleplayer asked me to show them some love, my toon woke up handcuffed to a targ in what I could only guess was some kind of Andorian deli.
  • Options
    seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    The last time a roleplayer asked me to show them some love, my toon woke up handcuffed to a targ in what I could only guess was some kind of Andorian deli.

Between your comment and your sig...

ROFLMAO....

Romulan Dukat approves!
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • Options
    innerwulfskininnerwulfskin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well put Angel.
    ~~~~~12th fleet~~~~~
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All a role player needs to do to get some love is to RP on Drozana or something. There's a good chance you'll get caught in the chat-orgy crossfire.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i agree with most of the things said by the OP!

unfortunatly if there isnt a way to monetize it, PWE cant do it :(

I'd pay a small sum of zen for a "Crew Uniform Compliance" thing tho but that sjust me...
  • Options
    jollyrorojollyroro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hell I would be so happy with Uniform Compliance on it's own, but aside that, your are spot on Ashleigh! I do hope that at least some of these suggestions could come true.

You have my support.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would LOVE to be able to assign uniform for my crew AND fleet/embassy base. It would be cool if I can assign race or create my own for my crew/fleet/embassy.

(or make them all go into hiding)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i agree with most of the things said by the OP!

unfortunatly if there isnt a way to monetize it, PWE cant do it :(

I'd pay a small sum of zen for a "Crew Uniform Compliance" thing tho but that sjust me...

Agreed. There's a way around it though. Get a ship with only a bridge. THen your BOFFS are the only crew on hand and they're matching your uniform.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought bridges were already available in the Foundry?
  • Options
    angelgigaangelgiga Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I thought bridges were already available in the Foundry?

Some are... not all. And foundry missions have a limit of 5 players. What happens if you're role play is more than that (which all of the ones i've ever been in are.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well said, Ash. Most of your comments were relayed to Brandon during the role play summit a couple of weeks back. Keep your fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Thats about all one can do. ;)

I am in total support of the op