test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attack Patterns - How to Use

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Academy
I have been all over the forums but have not seen any discussion on using attack patterns. I am playing around with them but really am struggling to figure out how to use them. So my questions are:

1) How do you use attack patterns? Do you click on the attack pattern and then the AI takes over or do you just have increased abilities for the duration.

2) Which attack patterns work best in what situations ? I have seen Omega being the best to escape a tractor beam but do the others offer anything unique?

I know these are basic questions but really haven't seen much on the forums after doing some extensive searches.

Thanks advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The attack patterns are buffs given to Tactical Captains. They do not literally start manouvering your ship for you or anything. Reading the description on each should provide you with some insight, but here's a basic breakdown:

Alpha - gives a turning and damage buff
    Beta - I believe a damage resist debuff on target, accuracy buff, and again turning buff
    Delta - gives a damage resist debuff on enemy firing on the vessel that has this buff applied - can be put on allied ships
    Omega - a better version of Alpha that also breaks holds, roots, and slows

I probably messed some of those, but the basis is the same.

Hope that helps.
    edited March 2010
    its not an actual attack pattern, just an increase in abilities. Go through this list to find the different attack pattern abilities and see what they can do http://stofan.comxa.com/databank/boskills.php?career=Tactical&type=Space
    edited March 2010
    Thanks. That clears it up. :)
  • apachechocolateapachechocolate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how do you equip an attack pattern to your hotbar?
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how do you equip an attack pattern to your hotbar?
    You have to have a Bridge Officer with the ability slotted into the appropriate Tactical station. If the button does not appear in your tray, press 'P' to bring up the list of Powers and drag the button to an open spot in your tray.

Voila! :)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • sisko03sisko03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The attack patterns are buffs given to Tactical Captains. They do not literally start manouvering your ship for you or anything. Reading the description on each should provide you with some insight, but here's a basic breakdown:

Alpha - gives a turning and damage buff, crit chance buff, crit damage buff
    Beta - I believe a damage resist debuff on target, Sleath debuff
    Delta - gives a damage resist debuff on enemy firing on the vessel that has this buff applied - can be put on allied ships and a damage resist buff to the ship that has this buff applied
    Omega breaks holds, roots, and slows,Damage buff, Damage resist buff( Makes your hull take less damage), flight speed and turn rate buff. prevents teleport, Defense buff(Makes your enemies miss)

I probably messed some of those, but the basis is the same.

Hope that helps.

Fixed it for ya
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unfortunately, this thread is too old to continue. I need to terminate it.

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Necro]]

ZAP!

There are likely existing user guides that contain this information.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.