test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caitian "Engineering" Traits feedback(complaint)/suggestion.

kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I recently bought more character slots along with the Caitian playable race, first made a Tact Caitian but now decided to make an Engineer character.
I select Caitian, then want to customize traits, and suddenly am extremely dissapointed/annoyed.. :mad:

Why does every other species, no matter if it's Science, Tactical or Engineering have pretty much the same traits available, and not the Caitian?.. :confused:

I like Space PvE and such more, and don't want to be forced to have (useless) ground traits or to have to choose another race duo to the (fail) decisions being made to give Caitian unneeded traits and such..

The main traits I want to use are:
** Techie (+10 Starship Hull Repair)
** Warp Theorist (+10 Starship Warp Core Potential)
(+10 starship Electro-Plasma System)

And maybe as extra Elusive (+10% Defense)
or Accurate (+10% Accuracy)

But the last 2 are available so I won't complain about them.

I'd like to suggest to add the Techie and Warp Theorist trait, or make it like you got different traits to choose from depending on the class you choose. ;)
Post edited by kiarasena on

Comments

• brigonos1brigonos1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This will not be an issue after May 21st.
  • kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    brigonos1 wrote: »
    This will not be an issue after May 21st.

Let's hope so.. also new hair and such for Caitian.. :P
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiarasena wrote: »
    I recently bought more character slots along with the Caitian playable race, first made a Tact Caitian but now decided to make an Engineer character.
    I select Caitian, then want to customize traits, and suddenly am extremely dissapointed/annoyed.. :mad:

Why does every other species, no matter if it's Science, Tactical or Engineering have pretty much the same traits available, and not the Caitian?.. :confused:

I like Space PvE and such more, and don't want to be forced to have (useless) ground traits or to have to choose another race duo to the (fail) decisions being made to give Caitian unneeded traits and such..

The main traits I want to use are:
    ** Techie (+10 Starship Hull Repair)
    ** Warp Theorist (+10 Starship Warp Core Potential)
    (+10 starship Electro-Plasma System)

And maybe as extra Elusive (+10% Defense)
    or Accurate (+10% Accuracy)

But the last 2 are available so I won't complain about them.

I'd like to suggest to add the Techie and Warp Theorist trait, or make it like you got different traits to choose from depending on the class you choose. ;)

I am not sure why they do not allow us to have those traits but you would be better off going with Accurate and Elusive TBVH. Also: Pounce can be VERY handy if ever you go ground Pew-Pewing. (Which sooner or later you will) Like was said though: They are going to fix all this anyway.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love pounce on my Tac Caitian. And w/ the close combat kit, I have 2 lunges essentially. WHAM! wait a sec or two and... WHAM! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited April 2013
    Love pounce on my Tac Caitian. And w/ the close combat kit, I have 2 lunges essentially. WHAM! wait a sec or two and... WHAM! :D

Oddly my Sci kitty seems to be my most vicious with Pounce... Just because I get into fighting with her more for some unknown reason LOL...

My favorite Pounce move is jumping over the opponent blasting them in the back with my trusty Fleet Pulsewave and then Pouncing them as they fly through the air exposed. Such a sweet kill.
  • pyrophilepyrophile Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I don't use pounce myself, mostly due to the nonexistant animations.

I would be happy even if it just used the dropkick animation for lunge.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thought they nerfed the pounce/lunge combo so it was 6 or 12 seconds inbetween?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiarasena wrote: »
    Let's hope so.. also new hair and such for Caitian.. :P

We need manes badly.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And a few additional fur patterns. Also, be sure to get Accurate (Space) and Pounce (ground). Both of these can give you an invaluable edge in battle.

Besides allowing more shots to hit their targets, Accurate can also bypass defences. This means that any weapon with [Acc] is equal to [CrtD][Dmg]. The Accuracy trait further amplifies your weapons, and turns them all into equal of [Acc].

Pounce, especially when coupled with Lunge, is quite the effective way to keep Elite Tactical Drones on the ground. If you time it just when the Drone is charging up their powered shot, your tackle will actually de-activate that powered shot before it fires! It will save your life if you can time it correctly. In fact, if you know how to time your tackles, you will not even notice the shared cooldown between Pounce and Lunge. :D

Edit: The May 21st update will make this thread obsolete.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually it didn't make it obsolete - Caitian characters (at least Engineers) only get access to a whopping TWO Space traits (Accuracy and Elusive), plus their class picks.

Was this really intended?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Actually it didn't make it obsolete - Caitian characters (at least Engineers) only get access to a whopping TWO Space traits (Accuracy and Elusive), plus their class picks.

Was this really intended?

That is... Just dumb... They are an Engineer... They should get the ability to have a few more space traits. What is the deal?
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Caitians and Ferasans are absolutely awesome and are my favorite toons in the game. But let's be honest here .... They are quite possibly the best ground characters in the game. But if you want a space dedicated toon then you should have a look at joined trills.