test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DOFF System bug (KDF sided Romulan)

jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
So i played with my Romulan through the story mode until the thank you mission and wanted to try the DoFF System to level a little bit more overnight :D

The bug is that i have the Commendation Rank from the Fed System instead of the KDF System i sided with! i.e. i mean diplomacy instead of marauding.

Even when i try to buy new officers from the system it only allows me to buy/use FED DOFFS instead of KDFs. I think i got through one of the missions some DOFFS and they are FEDs and usable.

I hope this gets reviewed soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am also suffering from this bug too, alas.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Funny thing is, ive done the recruitment missions at klingon academy and now i have doffs from all 3 factions usable :D
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Has this happened for anyone else? Trying to track down solid steps to reproduce the error.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if this is related, but I noticed when I assigned doffs to a KDF mission, their backgrounds changed from Romulan to KDF. (I only have the starter Romulan doffs.)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this is happening for anyone who allied with the KDF. To be clear though, you still get marauding missions, but the CXP tracking gauges on the overview tab have diplomacy instead. I haven't gotten any rank increases so I wasn't aware of the faction problems for reward doffs, but given that Lt. Fera calls you when you unlock the doff system I'm not the least bit surprised.

There's also no romulan doff recruitment contact like the KDF and Fed academy NPCs as far as I can tell - just the one guy with the manual commendation checking buttons. But that's just a side gripe.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Well, it sounds like a bunch of the Romulan Doff stuff didn't make it into the build that's currently on Tribble. For the time being, my advice is to wait for the next patch, and then take another look at the system.

Sorry for the state it's currently in. But hey - Beta! ;)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did actually submit a ticket for this one. When we side with the KDF obviously we get marauding instead of Diplomacy but depending on where you view your progress you see either Marauding or Diplomacy.

Click your XP bar and select commendations you see marauding as usual.
    Click your doff tab and look at overview you see Diplomacy.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem. I sided kdf and the doff system overview shows as if I sided federation.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I have Diplo listed as a Commendation category and Marauding listed as an actual category for assignments. I also can't get Department heads to assign nor pull from those drop downs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, it sounds like a bunch of the Romulan Doff stuff didn't make it into the build that's currently on Tribble. For the time being, my advice is to wait for the next patch, and then take another look at the system.

Sorry for the state it's currently in. But hey - Beta! ;)
    Any ETA on a fix for the initial doff assignments? My char still doesn't have them. Diaula is currently subsisting on doffs she got from one of my VAs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I did actually submit a ticket for this one. When we side with the KDF obviously we get marauding instead of Diplomacy but depending on where you view your progress you see either Marauding or Diplomacy.

Click your XP bar and select commendations you see marauding as usual.
    Click your doff tab and look at overview you see Diplomacy.

That's not what happened for me. I submitted a ticket, but both the XP bar and the DOff tab are showing Diplomacy, not marauding, and if I do marauding DOff missions, I get marauding exp, but it does not reflect under Diplomacy, either on the XP bar or the DOff tab.
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sided with the Federation and didn't recieve any DoFF's at all when the system unlocked, so not been able to test the DoFF system at all yet to see if this is an issue Fed side as well, although saying that I've not been recieving any of the BoFF's it says you are meant to recieve as you level either....
  • jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So i logged in after patch right now.

My FED DOFFS seem to be gone, i should have wrote down their names -.-

Following bugs still are active:

- FED Commendation Ranks instead of KDF
    - Department Heads are non functional, Romulan BoFFs cant be assigned. I have a KDF Orion Tac BOFF assigned to First Officer, Tactical and Security but the buttons dont work. (from Bridge DOFF Contact it is working)
    - The recruitment assignment from Klingon Academy and Sector Space, like Orion Conscription Order, could be started infinity until the active assignments are full. (To be honest i did that to check out if the KDF DOFFs could be used for assignment)
    - Both Romulan and KDF DOFF Vendor sale FED Stuff
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    suricatta wrote: »
    I sided with the Federation and didn't recieve any DoFF's at all when the system unlocked, so not been able to test the DoFF system at all yet to see if this is an issue Fed side as well, although saying that I've not been recieving any of the BoFF's it says you are meant to recieve as you level either....

I'm up to Level 15 on my (FED aligned) Romulan Female TAC and have not received any DOff pack yet.

But I was able to set up the four free Recruitment Cadre Assignments from the Personnel Officer at Star Fleet Academy...

We'll see in two days if it works.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jhurhiana904jhurhiana904 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Fed Aligned Romulan is getting KDF duty officer choices for Diplomacy Tier I. All other Commendation Duty Officers look to be Federation. Maybe the officers from another faction for Diplomacy is intended and not a bug?
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This looks like a good thread to add the various doffing 'issues' I noticed.

UI:

- As already noted from a previous poster, the department head buttons are not functional when playing a romulan character.
    -- And here is a stupid thought, how much work would it take to add a trader button if you are on a tuffli or dkora?
    - The warbird doffing console: Compared to my usual doffing console (temporal bridge) there is an additional confirmation window when choosing the department you want to access ([department] [done]). This window is superfluous because as soon as you get into your main doffing window the console interaction window closes anyway. Accessing a different department head requires you to go through the whole confirmation dialog again. And every heavy duty doffer will agree that every unnecessary click is a click too much. Hell, even the overlapping [Setup Trophies] button on klingon temporal bridges when having to doff there annoys the heck outta me.

System:

- Recruitment T1 promotion was not granted and centurion velaar has no upgrade commendations button. To be honest I did not make the trip to Ferra to check if I could fix it there.
    -- In addition I think romulans deserve their 'own' commendation store even if that means 360 more handcrafted doffs for you to build.
    - Probably a known issue but for completion: In last weeks build the 'first complement' mission did not trigger reliable.

Assignments:

I copied a mini-officer packs to tribble and doffed a bit, looking especially for warp & singularity core building assignments. I found the experimental upgrades but so far nothing else. All the other 'new' assignments looked shiny however I refrained from testrunning the ones requireing particle trace inputs. Yeah, I'm cheap like that.

- Experimental Singularity Core Upgrades: While it makes sense to limit it to romulans only I do not agree with the limitation to tau dewa. Especially if its ugly stepbrother experimental warpcore upgrades does potentially shows up in every sector.
    -- Experimental upgrades are fine but the real dough would be something that is not limited to Mk XI. Even if I annoyed the usual suspects already on multiple occasions with that wish, I 'do' expect some chain'ish thing to build Mk XII warp & singularity cores. And I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one.

- Current new assignment distribution: I would suggest spreading out even the 'themed' assignments to more locations or we will have a 'tractor jemhadar ship' situation again, only on a slightly larger scale. Either by allowing them to pop up in neighbouring sectorblocks or making more locations in tau dewa 'doffable' (flottilla, command center, new romulus and the 'upcoming' nimbus adventure zone come to mind).

- Current amount of new assignments: Assuming that new assignments are not a high on the priority list right now (and, as I suspect, the current additions were a tech check for romulan assignments) there is a desire for more of them. more. MOAR! And while the task of building assignments for the romulans is challenging enough, neither should possible new assignments for the other two powers be neglected, especially if previous non 'doffable' locations suddenly become 'doffable' *coughnewromuluscough*

And last but not least a personal request. I want a white romulan bartender named 'Men' to complement my white vulcan chef 'Top'. Because my crew deserves 'Top Men' to prep their chew!
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO from reading this the romulans cannot use both faction's doffs at the same time, but they can use their allies doffs legit.

So i can transfer all my purple doffs to my new romulan so long as they are not bound? Or are any fed doffs I open on my rommie bound or limited in some way?
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.