What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus 'In Shadows' Arc Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jumped in game to test. Made my romulan char and the nice cutscene started playing. However the text was fading to fast. There wasn't a single sentence I could finish reading. I was on the middle of it and then it faded to show the next. It would be nice if they staued on the screen longer. Specially for those who are not native english speakers (like me).

I am native and it was to fast for me.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    SNIP

So... Yeah. Mind Games. It's an interesting premise but it could benefit from some RADICAL overhauls. Remember: I'm tough because I love you. <3

I thought Mind Games was okay as is (about on par with some old fed missions), but I think this version would be much better. Or maybe combine the two ideas, where you can still have the inner voices, but every time you make the "wrong" choice, you get zapped and put back to the begining and each run through after gets rid of the inner voices. Then the player will start to make the "right" choices so that he doesn't have to do all the running around again. Now that's indoctrination. It also explaines why no one seems to care when you beam a live mine into the room with them, everything get reset.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Gather intelligence = done,
    Breach the Defensive Asteroid Field = done.
    Stop Salvaging Operations = How?
    Destroy Salvaged Warbird = done
    Defeat Stations Picket = I have destroyed every target I could find but it still won't turn green! What am I missing?
    Disable Station Defenses = done.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    randolf2 wrote: »
    Gather intelligence = done,
    Breach the Defensive Asteroid Field = done.
    Stop Salvaging Operations = How?
    Destroy Salvaged Warbird = done
    Defeat Stations Picket = I have destroyed every target I could find but it still won't turn green! What am I missing?
    Disable Station Defenses = done.

I restarted it and it completed. It seems it got a glitch the first time. There is probably a bug that causes it to get messed up sometimes. I hope the Devs. can find it and squash it.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2013
    I would suggest to alter the mission flow between Revelations and mind games.
    Corrently, you get your new ship right between those two missions. And for that you have to beam out, fly back to new romulus, flottila if you want to customize the ships lock, train boffs etc etc. Then go back into the start of mind games. It breaks the flow completley.
    And be honest, a new ship, players will go after it right away. Especially if it means getting out of the hunchback.

I would either, the easy way, adjust xp gain so that the character does not level to 20 after revelations, either before or after.
    Or the complex way. Since the next ship for most people will be the mogai, delay the level up after revelations to the end of mind games and have us play out a boarding action of a mogai that we take over because our hunchback got so badly damage during the final fight that it can't be repaired anymore.
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -snipped for space-

Mind games needs to suffer a critical nonexistance failure.

It's horrible in a few ways

1) You should always consent to the ability to have to torture someone.

2) Yes, I know Star Trek does it. Star Trek is also a show, this is a game, the narrative structures are COMPLETELY different. You might go: This is what the Borg do! Well, yes. I don't care. Mechanics vs narrative things are totally different.

3) Let me add my voice: should need a trigger warning

4) Removing player agency is generally a bad thing.

and finally:

5) Look, Cryptic. I get you dont' want us to be evil, whether due to the IP or CBS (both real possilibities) but don't give people meaningless choices.
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes the cutscenes and switch to zone prevents you from picking up any drops.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My only gripes so far are pretty trivial.

You guys really need someone to re-read a lot of your NPC dialog on almost all of your new Romulan missions. The spelling and grammar are horrible. Wrong versions of words (your instead of you're and there instead of their) and lots of spelling flubs.

I like the tone of the missions. I really enjoyed Mind Games, but like others have said - fake choices aren't really any fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sporadically throughout the missions i will have a mission bug and when i go to sector space after confirming a BO asking to go to sector space, the mission will reset and I will have to redo the mission from the start
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... Yeah. Mind Games. It's an interesting premise but it could benefit from some RADICAL overhauls. Remember: I'm tough because I love you. <3

I like this Idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I loved this mission arc. It started great, and just got better until it ended with the incredible "Mind Games" mission. I think that the writers deserve a big pat on the back, for the most part I felt like a Romulan. Sneaking about posing as Tal Shiar rescuing captives with hidden transporter beams in my disruptor? Sabotaging equipment on Hakeevs flagship? I enjoyed every mission immensely. There were however quite a few spelling and grammatical errors in the dialog. However, these concerns have already been voiced and hopefully will be addressed quickly.

I do have one question though, why not give us the full Tal Shiar uniform? There were many parts missing, is this for a C-Store release or something?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also liked this part of the storyline, the borg cube was awesome, and well, everything was cool.
    So I'll just point out the bugs and problem I've met.
    During the first missions we are undercover. It's fine people like Janek think you can betray D'Tan, but Sela ? When you meet her in the end of Cloak and Dagger, you say "I'm Tal Shiar", and she is ok with that, and grant you a new title. I though my cover was destroyed, after all, Sela probably know who you are, and how unlikely you are to betray D'Tan. But no, she is fine with that.

During Mind Game, our "inner voice" seems to be Tovan Khev. But why not us ? It would have been more logical to have your own thoughs instead of Tovan. For a while I though it was some kind of dream, and Tovan trying to reach me.
    Also, during mind game, you are asked to find various items in the sickbay, laboratory..., however, it's not shown on the map where is the sickbay etc... You may want to add some indication. It's a small ship we can find it, it's not a problem, but it could help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    I also liked this part of the storyline, the borg cube was awesome, and well, everything was cool.
    So I'll just point out the bugs and problem I've met.
    During the first missions we are undercover. It's fine people like Janek think you can betray D'Tan, but Sela ? When you meet her in the end of Cloak and Dagger, you say "I'm Tal Shiar", and she is ok with that, and grant you a new title. I though my cover was destroyed, after all, Sela probably know who you are, and how unlikely you are to betray D'Tan. But no, she is fine with that.

This and her cryptic (no pun intended) warning to us in Cloak and Dagger leads me to believe she is not as with the Tal Shiar as we are led to believe. She seems to have her own agenda (I know SHOCKER there. :P ) that may or may not be counter to Hakeev.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know I will get flamed for this but....

I liked Mind Game as a mission, but I thought that given the fact that this game is given a censors rating of PG 13 and that there are a large number of minors in this game the content was way above that level and that the content of the mission could be very damaging to people susceptible to that sort of thing even if they were above 18.

In particular the pretty graphic depiction of shooting your friend even though you didn't kill him and building the weapon of mass destruction to kill some Epohs.

Felt I had to say something about it even though I enjoy other games and films like that.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    I know I will get flamed for this but....

I liked Mind Game as a mission, but I thought that given the fact that this game is given a censors rating of PG 13 and that there are a large number of minors in this game the content was way above that level and that the content of the mission could be very damaging to people susceptible to that sort of thing even if they were above 18.

In particular the pretty graphic depiction of shooting your friend even though you didn't kill him and building the weapon of mass destruction to kill some Epohs.

Felt I had to say something about it even though I enjoy other games and films like that.

No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Lieutenant Jane Frederick, Starfleet ID number 24601" I see what you did there! Clever, I approve.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
    As I said, I like the mission. I don't think it's average level TNG though, some episodes were more graphic but attracted a higher censors warning.

Meh, I guess I'm just saying I think it's a bit graphic for the kids that play this game and I know a few that do.
    I know it's technically "cartoon" violence, so I guess that makes it more ok, I just think there are a lot of themes in that episode that are more adult. That's all.

Other than the various spelling and grammar mistakes which seem to be riddling this episode series, I have no other problems with it.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Your character is profoundly violated during this episode, stripped of agency and control over herself (and you of control over her). I found the episode deeply disturbing.

I also thought it was brilliant.

So... I'd hate to see it removed from the game, but a trigger warning in the mission journal would probably be a REALLY good thing. I have friends - with experiences that this episode would mirror to in uncomfortable ways - who I would definitely tell to skip this episode.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fortunately (or unfortunately), torture and mass murder is fine for PEGI, but sex ? No. IE SWTOR, you can torture people all day long with lightnings, but no sex scene.
    Honestly, I think it should be the contrary, as I don't mind my kid when they grow up know about sex, but I hope they won't use torture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bigger Picture: So much better than the original, looks and plays amazing. =)
    Vanishing Point: After transporting to the Cardassian bridge, Tovan does not have a Tricorder when scanning.

New Romulus Command Center: Why is the Ship Equipment vendor in the Shuttlebay still trying to sell me Phasers and Photons?

Enemy Action: If you hit ESC to cut through the escape scene, LT. Jane Frederick is still tied to the Chair, even though you can continue the mission.
  • Options
    tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan BOffs obtained outside the initial 4, use Fed rank structure on the Fed side - and blank ranks for KDF allied.

Also, one of my KDF Romulan BOff has no torso, just a floating head and arms. Torso did reappear inside the tailor when editing the appearance. For this BOff, the Stomach slider was set to the 4th mark (80%) and while wearing 'Unform-Tight Jacket' > 'Romulan Civilan Wrap', her stomach showed through the shirt - noe of the other tops showed the same issue.
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know about anybody else, but I'd be a lot more inclined to continue giving feedback on the campaign if I knew that somebody was reading and caring about tester input. :cool:
  • Options
    sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so playing through on this second chracter, I find myself on Enemy action. So far there's not really been much difference between the two sides except contacts. What I noticed was though In enemy action it refered to the KDF officer that was captured as male. I went into thwe interogation room to find a femal orion. I was mildly bemused by this, but it's not a big deal, and I keep going, of course... well we get to scream questions. I laughed. The screaming was.. well it was really funny. If you want to keep the levity of the moment.. i think it should be removed.. we can supply our on internal scream,ed questions, rather than silly nonverbal screma noises. If it was meant to inject humor into the moent then by all means keep it, it Was really funny!

In revelations, I noticed it said at contact point bravo, when the option to scan comes up. the mission board says to perfomr deep space Charlie.
  • Options
    logicoslogicos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mission - Enemy Action: Im allied to the Federation and the text after complting the mission from Commander Tal'Mera says "K'men reports that the Klingon forces were successful in their ruse" Surely it was Federation forces, no Klingons were helping me.

---

Mission - Sleepers: Was really hard to find the first pirate after the cube. Currently flying about the entire area trying to spot the second. Maybe spawn them closer to the cube or something? Unless im just blind.

edit - Ok restared the mission and found both pirates this time but it took a while, one was in the middle of the map. Id still say maybe move them closer to the asteroids.

Inside the cube now, friendly npc pathing seems to be having alot of issues with the npcs running into and getting stuck on walls and other objects. I just did the last bit defending the npc with him no where near the data point thing, with him stuck on an alcove so didnt have to kill a single Borg.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    logicos wrote: »
    Mission - Enemy Action: Im allied to the Federation and the text after complting the mission from Commander Tal'Mera says "K'men reports that the Klingon forces were successful in their ruse" Surely it was Federation forces, no Klingons were helping me.

Mission - Sleepers: Inside the cube now, friendly npc pathing seems to be having alot of issues with the npcs running into and getting stuck on walls and other objects. I just did the last bit defending the npc with him no where near the data point thing, with him stuck on an alcove so didnt have to kill a single Borg.

Noticed both of these as well. Though I will say I don't find the Borg cube bits of "Sleepers" particularly engaging. The Borg waking up, and stating their intentions, doesn't quite jive with what we've seen inside the cube up to that point.

If the heart of the cube has been "cut out", how can the Borg drones on board still be operating as if they're still connected to the Collective? With the vinculum gone that would be an extremely unlikely occurrence, as the drones would be more "disconnected" and have no focus.

I'd think a better resolution to the mission would be, that you learn that the condition of the Borg cube has been relayed via the central plexus to nearby Borg vessels, and that they're on their way now to retrieve and repair their disabled ship. Rather than you beaming back to your ship and the Borg cube attacking, you and your allies must quickly cause more crippling damage to the cube, and warp out before the Borg reinforcements can reach your position.

This would delay the Borg's rescue mission, because they'd need to spend more time repairing the damaged cube, and give your ships time to flee the area without fear of being pursued by the Borg ships entering the area.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Don't know about anybody else, but I'd be a lot more inclined to continue giving feedback on the campaign if I knew that somebody was reading and caring about tester input. :cool:

I've been hitting these boards every single day looking for feedback and bugs. Every single request may not get implemented, but a significant amount of player feedback has already been collected AND implemented.

Keep it up!
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been hitting these boards every single day looking for feedback and bugs. Every single request may not get implemented, but a significant amount of player feedback has already been collected AND implemented.

Keep it up!

Thumbs up. :)
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Keep it up!

Get us more gameplay to give feedback on! :D

We've already devoured this and regurgitated it for your examination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigredalertbigredalert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was fun i will enjoy been a green blood soon .....:D
  • Options
    sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Allright.. almost to the capping point on my KDF rommie.. and I'm in Temporal ambassador. I did not check with everyone when oplaying through with my Fed, but Playing through with my KDF allied character, everyone of my Boffs when talked to claim to be my one KDF officer i got when choosing an ally. Telling them they look familiar does give the proper varied responses, but when asked about themselves, they always claim to be that one officer. Either they all rememebr me and are having a little fun at my expense.. or it's bugged. :^D

Also.. maybe this is the plan for where it should be.. but that hand drawn map is still in that tiny box under the Huge spacious graphic of a maintenence tunnel, where there's plenty of room for a much less awkward, and much more readable map.. Just saying.