test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To make tuffli's more worth buying.

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
They are worth buying now, but to make them even better...

Let our tuffli's make money. Ships like these ship cargo around sectors and such and make money(EC) from doing it.

I was thinking that when you get a tuffli, you can earn 5,000 EC a hour(even when offline), from your tuffli shipping cargo and/or you can accept cargo run missions your self and earn EC by shipping cargo to various stations(only when using tuffli to ship the cargo).

This would be great thing to have for people with tuffli's and could serve role playing purposes.

I would have no problem with this being for D'kora cruisers as well(with ferengi character you can make a bonus 2,000 EC per hour?)

Thoughts?
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the existence of replicators that work with everything ultimately prevent any complex trade/resource systems from being developed

the ship is a costume on your sim, dont think of it as anything more
  • Options
    startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    only if i am given a mission to raid your freighter steal any of the credits you made and leave it dead in space.

actually, i could modify that. When your in the middle of sector space when doing a cargo run, you could be intercepted by pirates and have to defend against boarding parties.

regarding post about replicators, you raise a good point, but people want FRESH stuff too and there is some stuff that is non-replicadable too.
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    actually, i could modify that. When your in the middle of sector space when doing a cargo run, you could be intercepted by pirates and have to defend against boarding parties.

regarding post about replicators, you raise a good point, but people want FRESH stuff too and there is some stuff that is non-replicadable too.

You should go play EVE. They have all the cargo hauler profit and piracy play you could possibly want.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Someone's gotta build the replicators... you'd always need someone to deliver those! :D
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    You should go play EVE. They have all the cargo hauler profit and piracy play you could possibly want.
    Been to Jita in the last couple of days? :cool:
  • Options
    haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited April 2013
    I think some special trade duty officer missions would be adequate, maybe some unique trader duty officers to go along with it? I mean it's a novelty ship really.

Either that or they could release a fleet version ;)
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    haravikk wrote: »
    I think some special trade duty officer missions would be adequate, maybe some unique trader duty officers to go along with it? I mean it's a novelty ship really.

A Tuffleet could be awesome. Give it 10 consoles and 6 weapon slots, and you end up with something that looks useless in combat but packs a punch considerably greater than expected by its target.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a certain well known YT-1300 freighter, but bigger.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heck, I just want them to bring the Tuffli as-is back as a bonus reward for a DOFF pack, or put it in the C-Store, or let us buy it for Lobi.

Right now, there are no new options to obtain one.

I recognize that the odds are against me getting a D'Kora for my Ferengi, but I see no reason why the Tuffli shouldn't be more widely available if people want it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    A Tuffleet could be awesome. Give it 10 consoles and 6 weapon slots, and you end up with something that looks useless in combat but packs a punch considerably greater than expected by its target.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a certain well known YT-1300 freighter, but bigger.

I believe this is what you are referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-ship

even though I am partial to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(car)
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Let our tuffli's make money. Ships like these ship cargo around sectors and such and make money(EC) from doing it.

I was thinking that when you get a tuffli, you can earn 5,000 EC a hour(even when offline), from your tuffli shipping cargo and/or you can accept cargo run missions your self and earn EC by shipping cargo to various stations(only when using tuffli to ship the cargo).

This would be great thing to have for people with tuffli's and could serve role playing purposes.

I would have no problem with this being for D'kora cruisers as well(with ferengi character you can make a bonus 2,000 EC per hour?)

Thoughts?

They could simply add cargo and passenger transport quests for EC to the game and have the tuffli get a massive bonus for doing them.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Passenger ships are a no-op in the Star Trek universe too. Just dump them into the pattern buffer, and rearrange their molucules when you arrive. How big is a memory stick
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    Been to Jita in the last couple of days? :cool:

LOL.

Been stuck in Jita, you mean? Just the one alt. ;) The other one can't really go there.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Passenger ships are a no-op in the Star Trek universe too. Just dump them into the pattern buffer, and rearrange their molucules when you arrive. How big is a memory stick

To heck with that, its one thing to use a transporter to move me from a ship to a planet and visa-versa, but be held in a buffer for extended periods? Heaaallllllsss to the nawwww!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    To heck with that, its one thing to use a transporter to move me from a ship to a planet and visa-versa, but be held in a buffer for extended periods? Heaaallllllsss to the nawwww!

Scotty approves of this stasis method. Ensign Franklin, not so much.
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    haravikk wrote: »

"Just a novelty ship"? You are missing out on some good deals - drop a Ferengi character into it with the Ferengi discount on top of the Quartermasters discount and you buy commodities at 40% of what everyone else pays. Fleet/Account/Character bank access, mail terminal and crafting terminal so you don't have to go to Memory Alpha or Qo'nos. Ferengi trader with DOFF missions. Quick access to change ships. And of course the other DOFF missions - science, engineering, operations, bartender, cook. Transwarps to ALL exploration sectors!

That discount on commodities makes supplying star base projects a LOT cheaper!
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2013
    Well bluegeek, I'd rather they stuck the JHAS or some kind of other frigates in the dil store and not have the stupid BS they currently have with the Jem dread frigates. Guess we're both going to be disappointed.

Kinda wish I'd bought 10 when they were 5-7 mil...

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Thoughts?
    5K EC isn't much incentive, even if you earn it while offline. You should be able to earn that in less than a minute of game time.

Better idea I think would be special DOFF missions with bonus rewards for each different ship class including the freighter. Science gets extra particle trace missions, cruisers get bonus Diplomatic or Eng CXP missions, Freighters get extra commodities missions etc.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anything Tuffli related would be awesome. Trick out the inside, due cargo runs, battle pirates ,all sound great. Just do something for the Tuffli captains.
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anything Tuffli related would be awesome.

Trick out the inside, due cargo runs, battle pirates ,all sound great.

Just do something for the Tuffli captains.

As a proud Tuffli captain myself, I can only agree.

This ship is already unextimable for its functionalities,

but it deserves same serious specific funny gameplay.

Trading and piracy DO exist in Star Trek, add it to STO.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    "Just a novelty ship"? You are missing out on some good deals - drop a Ferengi character into it with the Ferengi discount on top of the Quartermasters discount and you buy commodities at 40% of what everyone else pays. Fleet/Account/Character bank access, mail terminal and crafting terminal so you don't have to go to Memory Alpha or Qo'nos. Ferengi trader with DOFF missions. Quick access to change ships. And of course the other DOFF missions - science, engineering, operations, bartender, cook. Transwarps to ALL exploration sectors!

That discount on commodities makes supplying star base projects a LOT cheaper!

I have one of these.

The discount is the same as buying from any of the cargo ships around the sectors.