test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*spoiler alert* well done ... the romulan faction is amazing

lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
Hello,

i have to say well done. I played my rommie (Epohh Tagger) to level 30 and i want to write some Feedback.

1. The ship-interieur is awesome. It looks really romulan and i like it very detailed. Especially the interieur from the Hakeev Borg-Warbird was great.

2. The uniforms are nice.

3. I loved the story it was fun to play every mission. I like the way how we pick up the crew. Every Bridge officer has a own story like a real movie. The idea to start as a green as hell civilian ... i like that.

4. I hope i will find "Riann" in the later missions ...

5. I'm glad that i finally can fire a "green" torpedo like the "real" romulan and klingon Torpedos from the series. The Bio-Molecular Warhead.

Question: Can we visit New Romulus like the other factions?
Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
Post edited by lordmanzelot on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    best mission mind games turned them lil Epohh to dust !!!!!!!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »

Sela: Kill your BO

Me: NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I will not I WILL FIGHT YOU!!!!!!!

Sela: make a weapon of mass destruction

ME: NOOOOO!! I WILL NOT YIELD!!!

Sela: Turn him into a Borg

ME: you're monster SELA A MONSTER!!!!

Sela: Kll the Ep...

ME: *Click*

Sela: You could have just pressed it once.

Tovan: :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

I did all sela asked of me and would have dun more if cryptic would let me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That was really sad /sniff

Finished the missions last night and from the very start in the colony to the last mission you play its sooo good, im loving the Singularity abilities and the way the new "Enemy" are with their snatch drones when attacking colonies.

Im really going to enjoy doing them again with full Sela voice overs ect

Well done devs, played a blinder with this
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited April 2013

LMAO! Nicely played, my friend. Nicely played.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i thought there had set the bar to high with the enterprise c mission i was/am so glad i was wrong if the rest of the missions are as good fed only players are going to miss out on so much great stuff.

i was all so shocked that no mission was that buged that u did not log off in disgust the few bugs i noticed are small and for once u given your selfs enough time to fix them i hope any way.

thanks for the invite to test the new stuff well done devs i for one cant wait for this to go live.

still wont new KDF zen store ships 3 packs are wot im looking for
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013

LOL...that's awesome :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Transwarping to Tribble Feedback forums in 3...2....1....
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did all sela asked of me and would have dun more if cryptic would let me :)

You dirty bas****.
  • lin718lin718 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have an odd question.

Since the storyline is really dependent on the BOFFs we get, does it change if we discharge them? How does it change if Tovan is not there?
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think that the storyline is so dynamic.

Poor epohhs ... a lot epohh killers here :-(
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • paulhansellukpaulhanselluk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the invite to the beta, I have to say I'am really impressed so far, and I haven't experienced issues that haven't already been posted. Can't wait for the full version.
  • kregorkregor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lin718 wrote: »
    I have an odd question.

Since the storyline is really dependent on the BOFFs we get, does it change if we discharge them? How does it change if Tovan is not there?

I'm not even sure if you can discharge the first few. Especially Tovan. And, honestly, why would you want to?

Free purple BOFF with that awesome Romulan space passive? Yes please!

The only people it would really bother are people with very specific RP ideas (for example, someone who wants an all-reman, or all-female crew, whether they use them all or not), and frankly, they can shut up and live with it if that's the case.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2013
    It is my understanding that we can't dismiss the story boffs.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As far as I can tell it's impossible to rename or discharge Tovan, the rest can be renamed or discharged, they don't really play a role after their introductory mission. On my first Romulan I'm definitely going to keep them (maybe copy the names and looks on better quality boffs later on) even though I hope we will be able to change their uniforms. And I really hope they let us use the same options Veril's head has on all female Remans....
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I fought my programming right up to the point where we test the tharalon weapon on the Epohhs.

Once I was ordered to vaporize the little guys, I was all in. No problems here, bye bye epohhs. It was all for science.... Yes, that is it, all in the name of science. ;)
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    You dirty bas****.

im a romulan i cant help it lol :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im a romulan i cant help it lol :)

Your not alone, I named my ship the I.R.W. Empress in honor of Sela.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Romulan faction truly is outstanding work. It is like night and day in comparison to the Fed & KDF storylines.
    It is the first time I have truly felt not only drawn in by the immersion, but also the connection to my bridge officers. They actually felt like the real thing....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to completely agree. The Romulan faction and storyline has been done extremely well. If the Klingon content for the lower levels that is going to get added is of the same sort of quality, then the only problem might be that the Federation becomes the faction that nobody plays.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Soem things are well done. I like that your bridge officers act like characters now instead of all being interchangeable. I like the battle cloak on everything. I like that there are now Reman females.

It doesn't really feel very 'Romulan' though. The faction could be comprised of humans for all the difference it would make for how they act, speak, dress etc. Just doesn't feel very Romulan.

The Federation/KDF storyliens may be more generic, but in doing so, you are left with a bit more leeway in how to interpruet your character. I didn't really feel that way playing LoR, it feels as though Cryptic has written your character, their motivations, choices etc for you. I didn't really feel like I was playing 'my' character in LoR, at least so far. Hopefully the later missions will stop making it feel like I have a bit mroe agency.