test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ctrl + Left now FUBAR'd

rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
Thanks for the new binds for Roll Need on Loot, Roll Greed on Loot, and Pass on Loot.... now Ctrl+Left is completely broken because some clown thought it was a good idea to use the default awsd movement keys. Clearing those new binds DOES NOT fix it.

This effects my gameplay, I'm surprised no one's talking about it yet.

*edit* I did find a solution, rebind to other keys. Clearing the binds does not work but re-assigning them does.
izf25xI.jpg
Post edited by rajathomas on

Comments

• tissuepappertissuepapper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You as well huh, ya I was doing some ground stfs today and I noticed that I couldn't use my ctrl-a key. Ok guys how long is the fix for this going to take? Ad, while I'm thinking about it, how in the heck does a key bind become unremovable in a game, what the heck did you do this last patch? I have played mmos since UO, and I have never seen this type of errors in a game. And, you guys keep making it worse as time goes on. I do know this, I am really regretting that lifetime sub that I did in Dec.

PS, rebinding the key to another didn't help me.
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah not sure what's going on, I was able to fix it on one char but I can't fix any others.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same issue.

What's worse is my ctrl is my push to talk button, and now no longer able to use like that or be unable to turn left, throttle, etc.

Unbinding the control key does not work.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue, I have Left Ctrl as my 'Walk' button, so now I can't turn to the left. So far the only thing I've found that works is to change the 'Walk' keybind to Caps Lock, but it's not very comfortable having to scrunch my hand up to hold down the button and operate the directional keys. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I use ctrl for walking in all games and yes I walk a lot, can't walk strafe left anymore (ctrl + a).

Tried remapping all 3 of them but it didn't work mind you I can still do ctrl + d to strafe walk right
  • rob75383rob75383 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ever since the 2013-04-04 release, I have been having the same problem.

From the 2013-04-04 release notes...
    Added the following new keybinds:
    Roll Need on Loot: Defaults to Crtl+Q
    Roll Greed on Loot: Defaults to Ctrl+A
    Pass on Loot: Defaults to Ctrl+Z
    These keybinds will also be displayed on the Need or Greed loot window near their respective buttons.

Being an old school keyboard mouse guy, Ctrl has been my fire button of choice ever since the 90's. Now, the mappings for Q, A, and Z cannot be used while firing, since they have been hardcoded into some looting menu.
    So I can either turn left without firing, or fire without turning. Not a fun deal.
    My only workaround was to add each weapon slot to my menu, and set them to autofire continuously. I still have to hit Ctrl at the start of the engagement, but unfortunately, I like the old fashioned mash the fire button way I used to play. Now, because of the hardcoded CTRL+ (Q,A,Z) mapping, I had to change my playstyle. I guess it frees me up for more special ability usage, but its kinda like I'm flying, and there is someone else hitting the fire button for me, with bad timing as well.

However the new loot commands were coded, it has borked the existing key combinations involving Ctrl, Q, A, and Z. Its seems that whatever your personal keymap is, now those button combos are locked down, unfortunately.
  • mntlrptrsmntlrptrs Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was using the CTRL-key to walk until it evidently got hardcoded, even changing keybinds for looting doesn't fix it.

Any chance of a proper solution please, Cryptic? I would be grateful. Don't get it wrong, I really liked the notion of being able to key my way through loot instead of clicking (especially on ground missions) but not being able to change the keybinds really interferes with gameplay.

Thanks in advance.