test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LoR - Benefits for Feds?

organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
Hello,

now that there are dozens of Dev Blogs, intervies, etc. about what Romulan players will get, by the way that is very impressive, and Klingons get new stories, what is the benefit for Federation players?

Can someone point me to a link where I can read what's in for Feds in the expansion?
It is like a maze at the moment searching for the right answers. :D

Thanks very much.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lots of new allies flying nifty ships and who will be able to share an entirely new storyline for you to experience. Also you get access to a new reputation system to give access to new weapons and sets.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello,

now that there are dozens of Dev Blogs, intervies, etc. about what Romulan players will get, by the way that is very impressive, and Klingons get new stories, what is the benefit for Federation players?

Can someone point me to a link where I can read what's in for Feds in the expansion?
    It is like a maze at the moment searching for the right answers. :D

Thanks very much.

I wouldn't expect anything.

The direction this game has headed in the past few years, has been very "alien centric" and I don't forsee that changing anytime soon. It's the "in" fad right now, to be Jem'Hadar/Tholian/Borg/Cardassian/Romulan. Just look around in space and see what alien of the week is currently being seen in greater numbers than Starfleet.

Cryptic knows they make their money on allowing people their customization, so that is where their focus will stay. We arent likely to see much for the Feds in the forseeable future.

Although, I must admit, I am shocked the Klingons will finally be getting some stuff. those poor saps have languished in alien obscurity for 3 years. I don't mind them getting some stuff, they certainly need it.

So come May 25th, this game will become Romulans vs. Klingons version of Trek. Starfleet will be all but forgotten. Kinda like when Death Knights were introduced to WoW. Suddenly, every soul in Azeroth was a DK. It made raid planning a real nightmare! :)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh as a fed you don't feel you get anything?
    Now you get what it feels like being a kdf.

There are lots of stuff. Ie: tholian rep and...the ability to play another faction.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Oh as a fed you don't feel you get anything?
    Now you get what it feels like being a kdf.

There are lots of stuff. Ie: tholian rep and...the ability to play another faction.

Sorry, I didn't mean that.

As Fed, I know I already have the most content (story, ships,etc..).
    I just meant, will there be anything new like - let's reduce it to the term "item" for Feds?

I am happy for every Klingon player and Romulan starter, no problem. You guys deserve it AND the expension is a very very big content pack for both factions. I just wanted to know if there will be any new C-Store items.

I am not a gamer, I am more a collector and because of some healh problems I had to stop actice playing some time ago and I am not very into the Reputation system.

Edit: By the way, some month ago I created a Klingon character and did some of the first story missions... Now I know why you guys are waiting for more..
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes, there is new "stuff" for feds, like gear from the tholian reputation system, c-store items, not so sure, not for the May expansion.

You need to understand the focus is not on the feds of KDF, the spotlight is aiming at the romulans exclusively, that's what they're trying to sell at the moment.
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, I didn't mean that.

As Fed, I know I already have the most content (story, ships,etc..).
    I just meant, will there be anything new like - let's reduce it to the term "item" for Feds?

I am happy for every Klingon player and Romulan starter, no problem. You guys deserve it AND the expension is a very very big content pack for both factions. I just wanted to know if there will be any new C-Store items.

I am not a gamer, I am more a collector and because of some healh problems I had to stop actice playing some time ago and I am not very into the Reputation system.

Edit: By the way, some month ago I created a Klingon character and did some of the first story missions... Now I know why you guys are waiting for more..

I wouldn't hold your breath for a new Fed C-Store item for a few months post-LoR at least.

As far as new items go, there are items you can get from Reputation systems (boo), and there will be the new Warp Cores to get. I dunno if there will be any special Warp Cores to work towards, like Omega Rep Cores or whatever... I'd be surprised if there aren't any Warp Cores on the Fleet store, though.

There's honestly not a lot for Fed players that don't intend to make Romulan characters. I'm not really bitter about that, or begrudging Roms or KDF their content, but it does make it hard to get excited for LoR when the most I can look forward to as a Fed character is dumping a bunch of Dilithium to fill my new empty Warp Core slot before I can go back to running the same STFs and FEs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feds get Wasteland arc that starts at level 21, but everyone gets that arc. There is a good chance of there being some cool items in that story arc. As far as Feds getting anything unique, then it is extremely doubtful. Just checked on tribble and can't finish the first mission due to the planet not being accessible.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The feds will have access to the nimbus adventure zone (although it is mainly for mid lvl characters) and there are some episodes that go with it that should scale up.

there should be some new events to go with the tholian rep system.

there is a new lockbox coming out.

there should be a new FE series out after LoR but I dont know when. i would imagine at least a month gap at least.

And you can naturally play the new romulan and klingon stuff, which what I have seen is so far is fantastic.
    edited April 2013
    deyvad wrote: »
    yes, there is new "stuff" for feds, like gear from the tholian reputation system, c-store items, not so sure, not for the May expansion.

You need to understand the focus is not on the feds of KDF, the spotlight is aiming at the romulans exclusively, that's what they're trying to sell at the moment.

Thanks for the answer, I was planing on a limited absent from the game for a time so I would like to know if I miss something important on the Fed side.

By the way, will Feds or Klings be able to get Romulan Boffs by the normal way (Doff missions, C-Store, etc) or just via the Embassy on New Romulus?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The federation will receive a standard advanced battle cloak on every ship.
    To avoid having to scrape the klingons from the ceiling already the developers kept the news quiet.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in all honesty, i am hoping that this expansion will bring balance to the factions. There will be more stuff to do for both factions. Maybe more for the KDF.

But in the end, this may bring really good stuff for the future.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    in all honesty, i am hoping that this expansion will bring balance to the factions. There will be more stuff to do for both factions. Maybe more for the KDF.

But in the end, this may bring really good stuff for the future.

Or Romulans will be to the Klingons, what Klingons used to be to the Federation side befor LoR.

I am very confident about the expansion, no argument. And I really hope for the KDFs to get a great content boost.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO players are a community. Anything that enhances the game is good for the community.

If you just want to play the Federation faction and have no interest in exploring the diverse and wonderful Klingon and Romulan factions, that is your prerogative, but you are missing out on a lot of good Trek gaming.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry but where was the KDF new shineys when Feds got the vesta? How bout when they got the Kumari? Spotlight has been on the Feds for far too long, I would like to see more for the KDF as they are still very much behind in customisation and new ships even with the LoR expansion.

The Roms are a little but they're a new faction and the costumes are really nice and so are the bridges from the ones I've been on.

Oh and the federation is a collaboration of planets, it's not meant to be all humans. Ironically it was the J.J. Abrams movie that showed this diversity the most.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...what is the benefit for Federation players?
    The benefit for Fed players is the past 3yrs of Cryptic making the vast majority of STO content a Fed-fest.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KDF also needs Overcharged Plasma Sniper, Covarient Personal Shield and some of the other stuff. So does romulan now too. XD

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the Live History of STO, the pendulum has stayed swung into the Federation's favor in terms of development and promotional attention.

It needs to swing back the other way. Not just for the KDF, but any race / faction / subfaction that gets implemented.

It can only make the game better by having a comprehensive, complete Star Trek universe, instead of being just one dimensional, i.e. the Federation.

I know the movies and TV shows have all centered on the Federation, but a Star Trek MMORPG has that chance to be more than that. A chance to live in a Star Trek universe.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey if it gets the Klingon-supremacists to stop the endless whining and going into unrelated threads solely to pick pointless fights out of bitterness, I'd call that a benefit. ;)
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    I'm sorry but where was the KDF new shineys when Feds got the vesta? How bout when they got the Kumari? Spotlight has been on the Feds for far too long, I would like to see more for the KDF as they are still very much behind in customisation and new ships even with the LoR expansion.

The Roms are a little but they're a new faction and the costumes are really nice and so are the bridges from the ones I've been on.

Oh and the federation is a collaboration of planets, it's not meant to be all humans. Ironically it was the J.J. Abrams movie that showed this diversity the most.

I couldn't have said it better. KDF got no compensation for either Vesta or Kumari, and I won't forget that Cryptic.

Romulans look promising and I'm hording Dilithium for Zen to buy the ships :cool:, I just hope they are as good as they are advertised.