test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

60 OMEGA marks always now ?

earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Academy
So 3-4 days ago I transferred about 3.5k of OMEGA marks into Dilithium as I had no real need for them.

However ever since I have done that whenever I do any STF I only seem to get 60 Marks maximum. I have done dozens since I swapped the marks and have never seen anything above 60.

I would regularly get 100+ before and can only put it down to the swap that I did... ?

I know it's randomly selected who gets what and not based on skill but it's kinda annoying to be stuck getting these low marks every time. Kind aunfair as I could really use the extra Dilithium I create from them.
Post edited by earwigvr6 on

Comments

• Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are you playing elite or normal?
    Are you playing during the bonus hour event or not?
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    I know it's randomly selected who gets what and not based on skill but it's kinda annoying to be stuck getting these low marks every time. Kind aunfair as I could really use the extra Dilithium I create from them.

As far as I know, there is no pool or anything. The drops from STFs are per person and follow a relatively simple formula:

Space Elite:

960 Dilithium
    60 Omega Marks base with a random chance for 15 or 30 extra marks.
    1 BNP base with a random chance for 5 or 10 extra BNPs.
    Chance for 1 random Mk XI or XII very rare item.

*Completing the optional gives you 15 marks.

Ground Elites get 1.5x the marks, but otherwise the same.

If you regularly got 100+ before, you were either doing ground or just getting lucky on the 90 marks.

Before anyone points out that 90 is not the cap: Hey, I did infected and got 100+ right away! Because the optional in infected finishes at the same time as the match, you can get 105 at the end.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I always do Elite, nothing else. Always space combat to, very rarely ground as I find it to clunky and die to often :D

I am going to do some more now and see what happens. I think the 100+ was including the bonus for the objective, so maybe I was just getting lucky. It seemed that for every 5 games I played I would get the large pool of Marks from at least 3 of them.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got 100 marks on ISE yesterday
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also, when the reputation event is running you get a bonus. I believe the ISE max is 115.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oddly, I converted over 500 Borg Nano and afterwards no matter how many STFs - I usually do 5 to 10 a day, I've done in the past three weeks I've got one processor every time except for twice. Before I used to regularly get six and sometimes eleven. I find it interesting that someone else notices a similar occurrence...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Random Number Generator is Random.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    on the omega marks u most liklu been doing the stfs during the rep mark hour cryptic has up twice a day before u did the conversion and now when u do stfs u not getting the optional, not in the rep mark hour, and with mostly noobs
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    last weeks as i played STFs Missions i think players were many times worser and so we lost optional many times ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Once again I have done several more and every single time I have gotten 60 Marks and nothing more, only time I got 75 was with the objective which is becoming rare these days due to n00bs....

Something not so random about it, it seems :eek:
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed that the +15 marks and/or the extra BNPs are part of the loot table, as the days I get 11 BNP from an STF I don't get any item loot (vendor trash)... Once or twice I got surprised by the reputation event, otherwise it's been all "as expected"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Done some more this afternoon and again only 60 every single time. I still get random BNP's and I always get gear to sell but never, ever do I get anymore the 60 OMEGA marks now.

I know random is random but this is far from random IMO.

Also with regards to doing them during events etc, I was under the impression that only affects the loot that is dropped and NOT the number of OMEGA marks ?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Also, when the reputation event is running you get a bonus. I believe the ISE max is 115.

The maximum is 130 Omega Marks for ISE. 60 for completing the ISE, 15 for doing it during the Reputation Event, 15 for getting the optional, and 40 for the Random bonus. Although, I believe the Reputation Event is not included in the Reward screen.