test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't think I'm supposed to be here.

valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
So, I was checking out my ship's awesome singularity core (did I mention it's awesome!) and I noticed there was this big empty space beneath it.

So I jumped.

Imagine my surprise when: a) I wasn't stopped by an inviso-wall. b) I didn't die.

I know it's hard to figure out exactly what I'm looking at, but here's a pic for posterity.
http://i.imgur.com/1oOVoJ3.jpg

The bug is clearly not that I got down there, but that there's no ladder to get back up ;)
(okay, addendum: the second you jump down there, the "leave ship interior" button disappears. The only solution is logging the character out and back in)
<signature under reconstruction>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
Post edited by valiant797 on

Comments

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did the same thing! :D

I walked into Engineering, and after picking my jaw up (you guys did an awesome job, all the LoR environments are the best in the game) I saw the big well below the singularity core and I felt compelled to see if I could jump down it. So I did. >__>

After finding myself at the bottom of the core, and getting bored watching stuff rotate above me, with no exit ship button I logged out and logged back in finding myself in the turbolift connected to the bride.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have found out how deep the rabbit hole goes.

(Not that deep, actually.)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valiant797 wrote: »

I know it's hard to figure out exactly what I'm looking at, but here's a pic for posterity.
    http://i.imgur.com/1oOVoJ3.jpg

Haven't you ever seen Galaxy Quest? That's the Omega 13 device. ;)

Seriously though, yeah I think its an area thet need to wall off, or do something to prevent a player from jumping down there. :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did this last night... How can one not jump down there at least once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is probably the most well known bug since the start of the closed beta. They've said it will be fixed. :)
  • banikslavebanikslave Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haven't you ever seen Galaxy Quest? That's the Omega 13 device. ;)

Only much easier to get to.

Glad it will be fixed, but it is rather cool to be able to stand there looking up. Think I second the idea of having a ladder instead.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would be better if that were a death zone and you simply die if you jump in there, maybe borrow the effects from the Nukara Prime encounter zone where you burst into flames, that or an invisible wall around the sphere so you cant jump in there. As can be seen from pic there are no proper textures in the bottom of the blades since you're not supposed to be down there looking up.
    I give massive kudos to the designers for a beautiful engineering set, the whole spinning sphere thing looks awesome and kind of reminds my of the core in the movie Event Horizon, I wish that Federation and KDF engineering levels had that kind of detail.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC