test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics shuttering on Tribble

drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
I'm not sure if it's just me, but on Tribble my screen tends to shutter a lot. I can walk around and fly just fine, but if I look in certain directions on the map, my graphics stall for a second or so and I continue on as normal. I noticed it happening though out the game while testing the Romulans. I don't typically experience these issues on Holodeck so it's isolated to the Tribble server itself.

I'm curious if it is happening to anyone else. Currently I've got 2 GTX 260's on SLI in my case, and they handle everything just fine, including the new Tomb Raider game, so I can't really say for certain it's the video cards causing the issue. Plus as I mentioned I don't have the issue on Holodeck. I am running the most recent version of the Nvidia graphics drivers, and am on Windows 8 64 bit with 8 GB of ram and a 3.4 Ghz Sandybridge I7.
f3wrLS.jpg
Post edited by drudgy on

Comments

• burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The problem is that the artists went absolutely bonkers on particle effects and details. I cant even run any of the Romulan Systems without using Half Resolution because of the sheer number of debris and particles.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    good to know its not only me .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    I've been getting a little bit of it too. I had just figured it was due to the shear number of people logging on to the server lagging it up a bit.
    But, yeah it's tribble. Graphics have always been slightly off/ sometimes choppy for me.
  • captiandwintercaptiandwinter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I've noticed the same thing, though its more noticeable if you are zoomed some.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also had a significant framerate reduction playing LoR beta. Only occurred in space though.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Happening for me as well, though it's most noticeable on ground maps.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same, weird stuttering on ground maps from time to time, as if the game was loading additional assets on the go. No other graphical or performance issues noted aside from those I already experience on Holodeck.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • pilotgodpilotgod Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I too am having the issues with stuttering due to the effects. My PC is what I would believe to be pretty middle of the road; not a quad Xfire config, but not scraping the bottom of the barrel by any means. While the graphics look superb, they are a bit overdone I believe. It is almost like running the Heaven benchmark running around the first few maps. I think this will need to be toned down before release otherwise there will be a lot of complaints from new gamers who are running this on older GPU's or laptops without discreet graphic cards.

I will post my specs below in the offchance it is helpful to any of the devs looking at these reports. The graphics issue are nothing more than a slight nuisance for me, but as I stated above, they will likely be issues for others.

My specs: i7-2600K @ 4.4GHz
    8GB DDR3-1333
    ASUS HD7770 (2GB GDDR5)
    1TB HDD via 6GB/s SATA III
    Win 7 x64
    Average framerate: 41 fps
    Lowest framerate: 18 fps (during stutters)