test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets Discuss Legacy of Romulus

messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
Ok from the outset i wasnt happy about the rommies not being their own complete faction and being attached to the Federation and KDF.

So i decided to play through the game again and look for anything that might hint of how cryptic came to the story of the rommies being attached with the feds and klinks.

After playthrough and getting to Nomulus with no real clue about the hows or whys of LoRs story.

All of a sudden there it was the answer i seeked when D'Tan spoke to my toon i hung on every word spoken and then it all made sense.

The rommies are indeed a changed people though remnents of what was still exists they are making a new start.

And the feds and klinks assisting brings me to the next part of the why portion.

As we know the rommies have this thing about my way being the right way even if your way might be better.

Therefore it only stands to purpose if there is a devision within the new romulan republic those rommies who think the feds will resurrect them from the ashes, and those who think the KDF is the right way.

And as we know rommies will fight one another even if it means extinction just to prove their way is the right way.

So that brings us to rommies in the feds and klinks fighting one another not for no reason at all but to prove that their way is the right way (Im talking that one sides rommies are trying to prove the other is wrong at all costs)

So lets start here and share what you think and what you believe the background to the LoR story is :)
Post edited by messahla on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some of the Romulans are changed people. Most of the power still lies with Sela.

Have you played over the changes to Cloaked Intentions on Tribble? They fill in some blanks in what happened between the original Romulan front and The Vault.

With Taris captured, the power vacuum propelled Sela straight to the top - going into Cloaked Intentions she appears to have full control of the regular military and the Tal Shiar, not to mention her Hirogen allies and the Tal Shiar's Iconian backers. She's present in Cutting the Cord, and doesn't seem entirely on board with Hakeev's plan to bring back the Iconians because she doesn't want to end up like Taris. She blames Hakeev for the failure, and leaves him on the planet to die. (He also gets a much more fitting death, disruptor to the back of the head accompanied by badass quote from Obisek. "This... isn't... over!" "It is for you." *pewpew*)

The missions progression for a new Klingon Romulan front apparently centered around Nimbus III is on Tribble but not playable. From interviews it sounds like all three factions are getting different sides of what's going on in Romulan space leading up to Cloaked Intentions, with things converging on the point where Romulans have to pick sides. After the Romulan missions, the Klingon campaign converges with the Federation one - they have a modified version of the Cardassian front and after that share most missions.

Anyway, this convergence point sounds like roughly where New Romulus breaks off, and it's in a scary position. Sela now has effectively two militaries, at least some Remans under her control, plus her Hirogen allies, plus we still don't know how extensive her Iconian support is but based on what the few ships encountered were capable of it's safe to say much more than that is probably more than the quadrant is prepared to deal with.

D'tan has Obisek's Reman resistance and the player faction, and from interviews it sounds like Romulan players are actually starting out closer to a citizen militia than a regular military. Basically an inviable faction sitting right next to a weakened but reunited empire with a grudge. This factional loyalty and the one-way nature of it could be seen as a way to get Federation and Klingon military assets into New Romulan space without actually taking a side in the Klingon-Federation war and opening themselves up to reprisal.

It's actually really, really manipulative for a guy who wants to leave the subterfuge behind.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Have you played over the changes to Cloaked Intentions on Tribble? They fill in some blanks in what happened between the original Romulan front and The Vault.

Havent done a complete playthrough on tribble have a fed character on there and should focus on that a bit.

It sounds like when LoR releases its gonna be one wild ride as a rom :)
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    It's actually really, really manipulative for a guy who wants to leave the subterfuge behind.
    If I recall correctly, from the recent STOked Radio interview with DStahl, D'Tan isn't the leader of the Split off Fleet itself, just the leader of the New Romulus Colony. The alliance with the Fed or KDF might be at the behest of that fleet's Admiral.
  • Options
    lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Havent done a complete playthrough on tribble have a fed character on there and should focus on that a bit.

It sounds like when LoR releases its gonna be one wild ride as a rom :)

Sounds interesting...