test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have a Dev Blog planned that will reveal our LTS/ Veteran/ Gold rewards -- we're still going over the details internally, but we'll have it out as soon as everything is finalized. I will make sure that we get it posted in plenty of time before the "limited time" price goes away.

Also, I will say that at launch, Romulans will not have a 1000-day Veteran ship available; however, we are planning to address this as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

looking forward to reading it... I'm really hoping our LTS/Vet/Gold rewards and the pre-order items carry over... keep up the great work Brandon...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    LET US USE ZEN TO BUY THESE PACKS!
    You can use Zen to buy the individual items from the C-Store later.

They're already giving you a huge discount in the Pack. There's no way they're going to let you use Zen to buy the Pack - when most people's Zen comes from dilithium grinding, anyway. That would be like a double-discount.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    The cloak bug was "addressed" in some other dev posts - basically, they would have to go in and hand-modify each mission it occurs in. They've done so for some of the content that was revamped for bringing the KDF to a full 1-50, but other than that it still remains.

hmm then its hard if its worth the price.

cloak is really a deal breaker for me
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    brandon said they makeing veteran romulan ship so im guessing u get that one too

Thing is. You don't have to be LTS to get the veteran ship. You can have a sub for a certain number of days. Nowadays, that's not a smart move but back when the game was sub only, there were many who got days built up.

And this goes to everyone who are trying to dispute what I said: Notice the person asked what LTS got... he didn't ask what Vets got. :D (smily to cosmic and jaegar to show tone. Any trying to white knight and get into a dispute the smily doesn't apply lol)

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK I need to see if the retrofit ships will have there own skins/model designs(not the same as free versions but can still use them) before i buy into this? with their stats etc and all the console details.

Please tell me some of the pictures are just stock pictures of the ships that they are refits or retrofits of and they are not merely the same skin and model with retrofit slapped on them.

My second question are these all the c store ships at launch? If not I'd like to see the others as well...

If i get these questions answered before the pre-sell ends I will buy into it. :)

Also I hope the pre-sell stay to at least the day before launch so it gives me plenty of time to decide.
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    edited April 2013
    Thing is. You don't have to be LTS to get the veteran ship. You can have a sub for a certain number of days. Nowadays, that's not a smart move but back when the game was sub only, there were many who got days built up.

And this goes to everyone who are trying to dispute what I said: Notice the person asked what LTS got... he didn't ask what Vets got. :D (smily to cosmic and jaegar to show tone. Any trying to white knight and get into a dispute the smily doesn't apply lol)
    The point is that LTS have never gotten anything special. They get a Borg Captain and they get access to the game. That's all they've ever gotten that any Gold member didn't also get. The idea that you should get more for Roms then you got for Fed or KDF is just stupid.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • captaincorvoecaptaincorvoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I havent been on STO in some time, and am looking forward to this romulan expansion. I thought enough to even look at buying that Legacy Pack. Then of course I saw the price....$124.99........... :eek: I understand that Perfect World needs to make their money, as do we all, but are you kidding me? 125 dollars for 4 items? Does anyone else think that asking for that kind of money for 4 add ons is outrageous?
    Stay Cool
    Corvoe
    Vice Admiral Onyx Corvoe
    U.S.S. Bandersnatch
    Chimera Class Heavy Destroyer
    "Bander"-Leader. "snatch"-To Kill
    "The Jaws that Bite, the Claws that Catch"
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm then its hard if its worth the price.

cloak is really a deal breaker for me

Given that the singularity cores apparently "charge" (or whatever) the longer you're in combat, it seems to me the ideal Romulan "cloak, hit 'em hard, cloak" tactic won't be all that viable anyways. But yes, given that cloaking is a huge part of now two factions' playstyles, you would think that they would do more to address the issue.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seansamurai1 your over reacting a bit, most of what comes in this pack will not give you some supreme advantage or give you a huge disadvantage when playing content completely free. So honestly its just for people who want to pay and support cryptic while getting some interesting goodies..
    edited April 2013
    HOW F**KIN MUCH? :mad::mad::eek::eek:

GBP 81.70 for the main pack! (For some reason this forum doesnt allow pound signs and just changes it to a question mark)

nearly 3 times the price of any other PC game available and its not even a game, its addons.

Someone has been smoking the funny stuff I think.

That is frankly f**kin ridiculous, I also feel for the guys and gals who have paid for LTS and still paying.

Thats 2 weeks worth of shopping, or 4 weeks worth of fuel for a car.

That I d*mn well refuse to pay!!!!!!! Will probably be 'penalised' in game for it too!

Thanks a bunch.
    They're C-Store ships on sale as a bundle. Buy them, don't buy them. Buy them individually from the C-Store as you want them. You don't need the pack.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do people even read anymore, or is everyone just meat with eyes.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    Given that the singularity cores apparently "charge" (or whatever) the longer you're in combat, it seems to me the ideal Romulan "cloak, hit 'em hard, cloak" tactic won't be all that viable anyways. But yes, given that cloaking is a huge part of now two factions' playstyles, you would think that they would do more to address the issue.

agreed.

if only brandon would comment if its fixed or not how is the status on that subject i wanna know before i buy for 125 euros.
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But Yes, I can see the logic in complaining about a game selling power boost items to gain a higher budget to, you know, actually improve itself. I mean, if it weren't for the lockboxes and such, We probably would get nothing and like it, much less ever expect Romulans to be playable in any form. Yes, complaining about a bundle is entirely reasonable.

Only a fool thinks price and value are the same.

Higher prices does not equate or even correlate with more product investment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Your other MMOs listed had a higher starting budget for their game and longer development time than Cryptic did.

"Our new business philosophy is, 'Make TRIBBLE And Charge A Premium For It."
    -The PHB, Dilbert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mavandaimavandai Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Beyond the reading failure of the OP, I would be more inclined to buy the pack if I had some ship stats so I could know what I?m buying.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very tempting offer, but this is way too expensive for me (more than you know). Not even sure I could afford the starter pack. :(

Even if I could, I wish they gave more detail on the ships so I could gauge if its a wise purchase or not.

Though I am happy about them using my suggestion about the Mogai / Norexan / Valdore names, even though there is no Norexan.
    edited April 2013
    Very tempting offer, but this is way too expensive for me (more than you know). Not even sure I could afford the starter pack. :(

Even if I could, I wish they gave more detail on the ships so I could gauge if its a wise purchase or not.

Though I am happy about them using my suggestion about the Mogai / Norexan / Valdore names, even though there is no Norexan.

wonder if you can gift them to some one. havent seen the option.
    maybe they should implement it.
    edited April 2013

Ship details will be in upcoming Blogs. The pre-order sale will last until LoR launches, so it's not like you need to make a decision today. :)
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Ship details will be in upcoming Blogs. The pre-order sale will last until LoR launches, so it's not like you need to make a decision today. :)

you dont know me ;) if i get a hook on buying something im very snappy with my wallet.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wonder if you can gift them to some one. havent seen the option.
    maybe they should implement it.

Surprised they haven't. Probably get a slight increase in sales if they did.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriouly. Quit freaking out about the lack of stats, we've already been told that the stats are coming. It's not like you get any special bonus for buying the packs in the first 24 hours, and I think it's pretty much a sure thing that they'll be available through May 21.

So sit back, take a deep breath and wait for the stats - and then you can decide whether or not the packs are worth the cost.

(Personally, the only thing I find tempting is the Rihannsu title. But not enough to shell out $125 for.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aestu wrote: »
    Only a fool thinks price and value are the same.
    Have you bought ANY C-Store Ships at all (Or Fleet Ships)? If Yes, then, yes, the price of the bundle is less than the combined value. If not, then just say it like a rational person instead of trying to attack Cryptic for charging a profitable price (and by profitable, I mean, money to reinvest into the company like how all smart companies operate).
    "Our new business philosophy is, 'Make TRIBBLE And Charge A Premium For It."
    -The PHB, Dilbert
    I was unaware that C-Store ships were useless or that using their consoles gave you less utility rather than more. I'm pretty sure the +1 Boff power on T4 and lower C-Store ships also means its crappier than the standard ships. Or that being able to get one guaranteed Efficient Boff per captain means your ship in space will have equal power levels compared to ships without efficient boffs.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains!

Just a quick heads up that this thread can continue being used to discuss the Legacy and Starter Packs. If you have any questions about the pack, please post them in this FAQ thread. We're working to answer as many of them from that thread as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The point is that LTS have never gotten anything special. They get a Borg Captain and they get access to the game. That's all they've ever gotten that any Gold member didn't also get. The idea that you should get more for Roms then you got for Fed or KDF is just stupid.

I don't think it should be different for Romulans. The Romulan BO they have in the pack I question because from my Amazon purchase gave me the Borg BO's for Fed and KDF. That is a difference than saying it should be given because of LTS, isn't it?

I wonder also what becomes of the other two (Fed and KDF ones) in this. Are they worthless if I roll a Romulan even though they are on the Legacy item tab?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains!

Just a quick heads up that this thread can continue being used to discuss the Legacy and Starter Packs. If you have any questions about the pack, please post them in this FAQ thread. We're working to answer as many of them from that thread as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

posted the cloak bugg question there as well.

*125 euros chipping against each other*
  • ofdpt23p13ofdpt23p13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seems to me the $100 pack is a pay to win for the romulan side. RED FLAG!
    edited April 2013
    ofdpt23p13 wrote: »
    seems to me the $100 pack is a pay to win for the romulan side. RED FLAG!
    Not any more then the C-Store ships currently for the Fed and KDF sides.
    edited April 2013
    the price of the bundle is less than the combined value.

Price =/= value

Just because some pixels cost X amount on Z-store doesn't mean they're worth a dime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Price =/= value

Just because some pixels cost X amount on Z-store doesn't mean they're worth a dime
    And it doesn't mean they're not worth a dime to some people.

In other words, just because it has no value to you doesn't mean it has no value to others. You don't get to speak for everyone. You simply get to decide what you want to do with your own money.
This discussion has been closed.