test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi City Hard

aentaaenta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
does Cryptic even care about the bugs in the game anymore?

anyway this mission is STILL bugged. so celebrating what? 1, 2, 3? years of Cryptic not fixing bugs.
Post edited by aenta on

Comments

• dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aenta wrote: »
    does Cryptic even care about the bugs in the game anymore?

No.

I really don't know why players are still expecting bugs to be fixed... I think by now Cryptic has proven that it doesn't care for fixing bugs... And even when they do, they always broke something else in the process, creating more bugs... (it's been a month now that I'm stuck with the same damn costume...)
  • farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually, it's not only city hard, that is bugged. Power plant hard completes before you destroyed the turrets. The Probe usually auto-completes. The temple sometimes does not give the reward and you have to do it again. Also, at the probe area, there is at least one scout and a plumber power item, that you just cannot reach. ...
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also, at the probe area, there is at least one scout and a plumber power item, that you just cannot reach. ...

really??

they arent hard to get to at all...just require alot of jumping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited April 2013
    That is not what i mean. It is in the middle part around the probe itself and has nothing to do with jumping. You can clearly see the scout and the part, but you cannot go there. At least I could not do it so far and I did this mission quite often since last season or so. It's like there was an invisible wall there.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That is not what i mean. It is in the middle part around the probe itself and has nothing to do with jumping. You can clearly see the scout and the part, but you cannot go there. At least I could not do it so far and I did this mission quite often since last season or so. It's like there was an invisible wall there.

mm i see, I havent had that sort of bad luck with their spawns then..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited April 2013
    Hm, spawns? I think their position is fixed on the map. I will make a screenshot later when I am at home to show what I mean.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually, it's not only city hard, that is bugged. Power plant hard completes before you destroyed the turrets. The Probe usually auto-completes. The temple sometimes does not give the reward and you have to do it again. Also, at the probe area, there is at least one scout and a plumber power item, that you just cannot reach. ...

The Probe completes when someone in the zone does it. 'Higher Ground' and some Nukara Prime missions are done the same way. The hard city mission can be finished normally if there's 5 or more borg drones in the alcoves around the central machine. Otherwise you can still start it and just wait few minutes and it will proceed to the next stage.
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I know that, but no one can tell me that is intended to work like this. Other people finish the mission and I get the reward? That just does not make sense.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probe Hard
    Auto-completion of this mission is generally viewed as a bonus rather than a problem. I wouldn't mind if they did or didn't fix this.

City Hard
    As far as I'm concerned there as 2 issues.
    The 1st one being the mission not starting properly. You can mitigate this by checking the 4sets of borg alcoves around the room. If any of the sets are completely empty move onto another room. If you have at least 1 borg in each of the 4 sets for the mission to guarantee running.

Generally will check 2 instances before falling back on the "wait method" to complete the mission. Hopefully they won't fix the "wait method" until they have fixed the mission on started.

The 2nd problem is that if anyone in your group is incapacitated when the mission completes you don't get the reward. Only a problem if you're pugging with a low level character. There doesn't appear to be a level cap on the Derfera invasion zone.

Temple Hard
    Not usually a problem. If the mission gets to the end and you're stuck on "Kill remaining Borg", check the 2 priests you pass on the way to the Temple. If someone in your group aggroed them on the way in, they can be blocking the completion of the mission. Especially if they have been incapacitated. Once they have been beamed up to be treated the Temple mission will complete.

I have managed to "draft" on another team completing Temple, but that doesn't usually work and your own group will have to start and complete the mission.

Did have one and only proper Temple Hard bug 2 nights ago. The mission hung after we dealt with Wave #7 and Wave #8 never appeared. The timer hit 0 and mission didn't end. So we left and came back later. But this is the only time I've had a bug with Temple.

Power Plant
    2 main issues here. The first one is the 2 second wave doesn't start. I've been told this happens if you kill the main "x of 12" borg during the 1st wave. As I'm usually tackling the other other borg in the room I don't know if this is true or not.

This is the bug I would like to see fixed as it's a pain to restart the mission. I had a case where I couldn't restart the mission for at least 20mins, as whenever I went back into a room, the mission progress showed the mission was still running. Changing instance didn't help. On the plus side it is a rare bug.

The 2nd main issue is the mission can complete before all 3 turrets are down, as mentioned eariler in this thread. Would be nice to get this fixed, but anything that save me time when doing a Hard run during the Fleet Mark event is a bonus.

Spare Part need Probe
    I know the one you mean, and it is unreachable due to the invisible wall around the Probe itself. Luckily the spare parts are not unquie and they will reset after a time, allowing you collect the necessary number of parts without ever reaching that one. Not sure about an unreachable Scout. I don't remember seeing one.

I'd like to see the issues in City and Power Plant where the mission doens't progess, as these are huge time wasters. As for the rest, I can take it or leave it.

I believe the Defera Invasion zone has been going since Dec 2011, so a little under 18 months.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish they would make these hard Missions to let us take our crew in and do them rather than trying to find a group to team up with. Everybody is doing something elese.:)
    edited April 2013
    It is still not the point. Of course it is nice to get the "free" reward, but I go to Defera because I like to do the missions. And I do not want to have the missions done by others. These are bugs and something should be done about it. As far as I understood, there are bots (?) standing in front of the temple lady to exploit the higher ground bug. So, there are good reasons to work on it.