edited April 2013
    :eek:So Rom. Klingons, and fed.?
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Need Iconians, reman, and etc.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    polie05 wrote: »

We paid ACTUAL money for it and YOU receive it for nothing basically. We demand better compensation.

Cryptic DOES owe us more than the 150 marks for 150 lobi we spent. Heck lets us trade it in for just the lobi back so I can buy something else.

Me too, it's fascinating that some player seems to feel a malicious glee when other players possesions are about to de-valued.
    We paid 150 Lobis for the suit, we should get 150 lobi back at a 1 vs 1 exchange when store items like this are significantly changed (they did that already once with the andorian phasers).
    (Oh, and i will re-grind that, it surely can't be more expensive than 150 lobi)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @valenn1: Like I said in response to that comment you quoted, I also paid the 150 lobi for it, this isn't about feeling a 'malicious glee' about anything since my own gear is being hit as well. What it is about is the fact that cryptic doesn't owe us anything, is giving us some compensation ANYWAY and people are still moaning.

Look at this way, if I sold you a car today, I would be well within my rights to give a hundred of the same cars away free tomorrow and I wouldn't owe you a penny. This is the same thing.

What really annyos me is nobody would be asking for any compensation in the first place if they hadn't already offered some, and if they'd offered 500 or whatever in the first people would still be all 'we paid money so you owe us more'.
  • overblownsnow98overblownsnow98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was wondering how to equip weapons to my bridge officers for my away team. I can take the weapons off but I can't open up the inventory at the same time to equip a new/better item. I can do this for my character and ship. Please help! They all need better weapons and at least one hasn't got any because i couldn't put it back.
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GREAT! More grinds, and more marks.

Ok so now we have...

1. Omega Marks
    2. Romulan Marks
    3. Fleet Marks
    4. Dilithium
    5. Energy Credits
    6. Latinum

and now we have...

8. Nukara Marks
    We also have someone that can't count to 7.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    We also have someone that can't count to 7.

And can't make an ordered list that makes sense. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sohtoh wrote: »
    A lot of KDF players use Nukara to grind Fleet Marks as the Fleet Mark Events are not as easy to get into as they are on Fed side.

Good point, and one that may lose relevance after LoR given KDF will have an influx of Romulan allies to such queues. I'm all for waiting to see if that will be the case ofc, but ultimately, and on principal, I do think fleet marks should only be from fleet orientated content (queues and any content run by groups composed of fleet members - on a dynamic scale).

GREAT! More grinds, and more marks.

Ok so now we have...

1. Omega Marks
    2. Romulan Marks
    3. Fleet Marks
    4. Dilithium
    5. Energy Credits
    6. Latinum

and now we have...

8. Nukara Marks

Didn't we just go through a major currency consolidation to get rid of badges and marks? Now we are going right back down the same road.

This is a common misapprehension of why the currencies where changed. You've outlined a lot of currencies, some more desirable than others. But all have the same value within their vendor system. The old badges and marks lost their value when you leveled because they couldn't be used to buy gear at your new level. Therefore they lose their value and by extension, the time you spent earning them was devalued entirely. However, today Dilithium earned at level 1 is still usable and as valuable at level 50 as it was at level 1. That was the point of the currency changes. To avoid devaluing your time. Which is a good thing.

(Similarly, Omega marks earned at level 44 remain usable and are as valuable at level 50 as they where at level 44. This will also remain the case if we ever see a level increase alongside an additional tier added to the Omega store.)
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here's a thought. We have the various Space Sets. (Borg, Jem'Hadar, Reman, Temporal Warfare, etc) why not a Tholian Space Set? Kind of like Temporal Warfare in the sense it would be optimized for use with the Orb Weaver and Recluse? It would be obviously something you would get for Tholian/Nukara marks. Probably splity over multiple levels of rep like the Reman gear or Singularity Harness set.

Other potential concept. Fleet version of the Orb Weaver (Or a Lobi store modification). Add a hangar bay.

Orbs.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope they add an Environmental suit slot for the captain and BOFF.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    So being sure here, if we alread have the MK XII ground Tholian set, if we "register" it, we get 150 Tholian marks total, and we get to keep the set to use? If so, cool. Also, is this being counted as one of the two new ground sets? Or is this new new?

Dude, you're playing ST:O, home of the copypasta, where truly "everything old IS new".

I mean, you expect them to make something NEW when they can regurgitate existing assets ad infinitum ad absurdum a la the Starbases stuff? Pleeeeeease......:cool:
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    So being sure here, if we alread have the MK XII ground Tholian set, if we "register" it, we get 150 Tholian marks total, and we get to keep the set to use? If so, cool. Also, is this being counted as one of the two new ground sets? Or is this new new?
    Dude, you're playing ST:O, home of the copypasta, where truly "everything old IS new".

I mean, you expect them to make something NEW when they can regurgitate existing assets ad infinitum ad absurdum a la the Starbases stuff? Pleeeeeease......:cool:

Badname is right your on STO the land of eterrnal 2409 home of the copy paste wash rinse spin cycle repeat.

(NOTE: Spin cycle refers to the spin doctoring done so that people are happy with the mediocracy and copy paste regurgitation thats the normal on STO )
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another rep system on the way fair enough I guess.

But one thing caught my eye where it says about having to do projects to register existing gear on which we will receive 50 marks for each bit and get our gear back.

I have a full set of MK XII tholian gear which I paid to upgrade with lobi.

Does this mean I will not be able to use this gear which I earned and paid for until its registered via the reputation system.

As it is XII and presumably tier 3/4/5 to get in the system will I have to grind through the system for a time until I can get to do the projects to register it?

And will it be the same for the jem hadar XII set when you introduce a dominion rep system.
    Or maybe the Lobi consoles for the ferengi or time ships when they get rep systems.

If so then sales of lobi items have just got less enticing in my book at least.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    This is a common misapprehension of why the currencies where changed. You've outlined a lot of currencies, some more desirable than others. But all have the same value within their vendor system. The old badges and marks lost their value when you leveled because they couldn't be used to buy gear at your new level. Therefore they lose their value and by extension, the time you spent earning them was devalued entirely. However, today Dilithium earned at level 1 is still usable and as valuable at level 50 as it was at level 1. That was the point of the currency changes. To avoid devaluing your time. Which is a good thing.

(Similarly, Omega marks earned at level 44 remain usable and are as valuable at level 50 as they where at level 44. This will also remain the case if we ever see a level increase alongside an additional tier added to the Omega store.)
    Yes, I remember my disappointment when I realized that grinding exploration in Delta Volanis for exploration marks was futile. By the time I'd acquired enough marks to buy the gear I wanted, I'd out leveled it. :( Dil is much better than level bound currencies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordthrud wrote: »
    Another rep system on the way fair enough I guess.

But one thing caught my eye where it says about having to do projects to register existing gear on which we will receive 50 marks for each bit and get our gear back.

I have a full set of MK XII tholian gear which I paid to upgrade with lobi.

Does this mean I will not be able to use this gear which I earned and paid for until its registered via the reputation system.

As it is XII and presumably tier 3/4/5 to get in the system will I have to grind through the system for a time until I can get to do the projects to register it?

And will it be the same for the jem hadar XII set when you introduce a dominion rep system.
    Or maybe the Lobi consoles for the ferengi or time ships when they get rep systems.

If so then sales of lobi items have just got less enticing in my book at least.

No, you will be able to use the gear. What this means is that you get free marks for having purchased the lobi gear upgrade. The option to use lobi to purchase the upgrade is going away with this patch as well.

It's a special project, so most likely it'll appear if you have the gear in your inventory like how the BNP project appears.
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    "March beneath the raptors wings"

*Looks up* I sure hope thats a raptor and not a pidgeon

It's a pigeon, but don't fret! All birds a raptor class birds now- it's a light class raptor!
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    How does one get an elite Mesh Weaver hanger pet?

Tier 5 Starbase Science.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a pigeon, but don't fret! All birds a raptor class birds now- it's a light class raptor!

Yeah yeah go ahead and rain on my.....wait...a..sec..ond...thats not rain OH MAN!!!!

Stoopid pigeon :D
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New rep, nice, Cant wait to see the space sets and stats for them.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Enough With The Grinds Cryptic
  • stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With the sale on Zen and lock box keys this past weekend, I was almost tempted to buy some more keys and build up the remaining lobi crystals I need to upgrade a dominion space set to Mk XII. Almost.

Then I read the blog about how they were going to make the tholian ground set upgrade I previously paid for a free part of the Tholian reputation system. Nothing special about the set I paid for. No distinct skin or ability, its just going to be freely available. Then I thought about that space set I was just about to spend money on.

Naw, I'll wait.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah pretty much. Makes me real glad I decided long ago not to spend any more money on this game until such time as things are done that I agree with and don't make me think "Wow, I'm glad I didn't spend money on THAT".

New Romulus was a step in the right direction but season 8, specificially this Tholian reputation system, is 2 steps back.
  • pyrophilepyrophile Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What I don't get is why I can only trade in my un-upgraded ground set for marks and nothing else.

I don't want to give up my cool stuff like that!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aye, thanks for the warning Cryptic. The sales have come and gone while my game has down due to broken patch downloads for the last 2 weeks.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited April 2013
    this is one reason why im not paying 400m for a jh attack ship to get the hangers for my dreadnought..

i figure as soon as i do, they will announce they are adding the attack fighters for everyone..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • gorngonzollagorngonzolla Member Posts: 172 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    lordthrud wrote: »

Here's how this works. At Tier 0 (as soon as you're level 50) you are able to register your Mk XII tholian sets earned on Nukara. This requires one piece of the set. After a couple of seconds you get the piece back and 50 Nukara Marks. If you choose not to register the item and claim your marks, that's up to you. You will be able to use your tholian set regardless if it's registered or not.

Regards.
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here's how this works. At Tier 0 (as soon as you're level 50) you are able to register your Mk XII tholian sets earned on Nukara. This requires one piece of the set. After a couple of seconds you get the piece back and 50 Nukara Marks. If you choose not to register the item and claim your marks, that's up to you. You will be able to use your tholian set regardless if it's registered or not.

Regards.

What about the existing nukara free set with infinite level? Will we be able to use it? And will the stats remain the same?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping that the missions will give decent rewards i.e. no repeat of the double capped Azure Nebula.

And that the gear is actually worth working towards (comparable to MACO/HG/Omega trinity) and have use outside the Nukara grind.

The passives looked interesting.
  • gorngonzollagorngonzolla Member Posts: 172 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What about the existing nukara free set with infinite level? Will we be able to use it? And will the stats remain the same?

Correct. We aren't removing or disabling any items you currently own. You can, if you so desire, turn in your old levelless Tholian ground set pieces once for 50 Nukara Marks each (for a total of 150 if you have the full set).

Regards,
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Correct. We aren't removing or disabling any items you currently own. You can, if you so desire, turn in your old levelless Tholian ground set pieces once for 50 Nukara Marks each (for a total of 150 if you have the full set).

Regards,

But just to be clear, the way I see it is that when you take out the random reward boxes, you won't be able to obtain that Tholian ground set any other way?

The current build on Tribble has two different sets for the Tholian reputation, as far as I see it, and I'm not sure how you'd be able to get it otherwise.