test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tetryon for PVP

carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Klingon Discussion
hello all! im a newb to PVP, i play mostly on kerrat is a war zone not in the organized pvps!!!! for now i have a heg'ta with 3x disruptor DHC mk Xi [acc]x2 [crth] and 1 beam bank ?[acc]x2 [crth], changing these weapons for the equivalent in tetryon worth it?

sorry my bad english and thx in advance!
Post edited by carlosvzla28 on

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ACCx2 mod is a good start and while I have found Tets fine for PvP many disagree due to the fact the proc is kinda pointless when the shields drop.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • benovidebenovide Member Posts: 397
    edited April 2013
    hello all! im a newb to PVP, i play mostly on kerrat is a war zone not in the organized pvps!!!! for now i have a heg'ta with 3x disruptor DHC mk Xi [acc]x2 [crth] and 1 beam bank ?[acc]x2 [crth], changing these weapons for the equivalent in tetryon worth it?

Unless you're rolling with a Torpedo Boat beside you, a Tet boat is roughly useless in PVP. When the shields go down, there's no point to exist.

If anything, I'd go to Phased Polaron, or Romulan Plasma. If not the usual big 3.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tetryon makes no difference to the shield-face that you're shooting, your regular energy damage takes that out faster than Tetryon proc can do anything about it. At best it will help you to drain some of the other shield facings a little faster. Polaron works better for that though, since it actually drains the shield power. Meanwhile, everybody else who is using disruptors and antiprotons is already deep into the enemy's hull.

Tetryon is pretty useful in PVE against things like unimatrix, elite tact cubes, tholian caps, stuff like that with stupid amounts of shield. Otherwise leave it at home.
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tetryon is very good if you're running 2-Piece Omega and plenty of Flow Capacitors along side. As long as you can keep your guns on target, you'll eventually pulp the target's shields damage resistance be damned.

That said, for a Bird of Prey, they're probably not the ideal weapon as you're not too likely to be on target long enough, often enough, for that setup to shine.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What about phased tetryon? Phaser proc + tetryon proc? In any case with 2.5 % of proc with any weapon is to low if i can destroy in a single pass, knowing that, any type of energy could work, if im wrong tell me plz, i really want to learn
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, IMO Tetryon isn't as good in PvP because pretty much everyone has at least 6, and most likely 9 points in Power Insulators. So the somewhat small proc does even less regardless of spec due to that.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited April 2013
    so, better keep my disruptors?, im a tac BTW
    edited April 2013
    Yes. Plus the disruptor proc can be boosted by tac buffs.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013

i see that you use a bop in pvp, in other thread i request some info for a good ship tact start... man you use your bop of level 21 to 50 or you use other ship? can you use bop in red alerts, stf, EC, etc? the bop work well or not?

sorry i know this thread is about the tetryon weap, but i have questions before i level up
    edited April 2013
    i have the heg'ta (lvl 40 bop) and i bought the Mirror Qin Raptor, but i use my bop more than the raptor, is more fragile, i know, but i just love how agile, and fast it is the bop
  • captainretsetcaptainretset Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd say stick with the disruptors.
    edited April 2013
    If you're worried about expense but want effect as well, go Plasma.:cool:

Experimenting with a full Rom Plasma build, I'm putting out more DPS than my full Mk 12 Fleet AP build.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah Disruptors are excellent, however if you can get your hands on polarized disruptors even better. Though I am not sure how hard they are to get these days, my old fleet had like sixty polarized disruptor boxes in the bank but only the leader had access and refused to share them.

If there are still any on the gtn then they may be fairly expensive, but you never know, ask around you may get lucky.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, in short tetryon sucks hard in PvP.

Disruptors, antiproton (if you can get your hands on it), or a mixed type like polarized disruptors will do you good.

P.S. Mimey your avatar pic looks scarily like my main character (except that he doesn't wear a suit).
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited April 2013
    Only time you can justify tetryon in PVP is if the ships beside you are either:

Torp Boats
    Disruptor/AP/Phaser boats

Or:

Plasma Or Phased Polaron.

Energy/weapon types that can take advantage of someone else sacrificing their main combat ability, and carrying it for them. (Causing greater harm to the enemy ship being targeted by both)
    edited April 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    P.S. Mimey your avatar pic looks scarily like my main character (except that he doesn't wear a suit).

Ah, hmm, not sure what to say to that. Great minds think alike and all that I s'pose.

Though I do like my yellow with black-pinstripe jacket there. Matches my Yellow Epohh Elder I walk around with.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I prefer polaron to anything but tetyron is good if one bug user is running it and one is running a standard bug build.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader