test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who let's others ...

jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
... see their Armour?

I have it set - across the board - to "make invisible" so people can see my grandeur :D, so to speak, of my uniforms.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Post edited by jumpingjs on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only my alien shows his armour (Fed side Alien from the Xandisian species)
    Live long and Prosper
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I disable the visuals for all of them.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I disable visuals when in social areas (Odo forbade weapons on the promenade); and reenable them on away missions etc.

Except Starbase Incursion, when I put my Bond Tuxedo on :D
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing I sometimes show is my kit, everything else is hidden on me and my boffs.
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    The only thing I sometimes show is my kit, everything else is hidden on me and my boffs.

I love the look of my science kit. I'm still waiting for the option to activate and mix-and-match kit visuals within the tailor, for myself and my bridge officers.
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I never enable visuals on armor. I show my sci kit/weapons on Defera and STF's and weapons on away team missions, but that is it.

I disable visuals for my ship gear as well, I like the clean look. (Special NO to the Borg set, why would I want all that garbage on my sexy ship?):confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Optional outfit is numero uno.

And so I can't wait for them to fix the bug that blocks me from wearing it on 2/3s of my characters :D

Classic armor, minus engineer, looks fine it's just usually tradmark rookie to not have learned how to disable it and be wearing it.

I also have individual parts from several costumes I'd like to combine so all in all I can't wear what I want to.
  • garrethuntergarrethunter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The advanced dominion set looks nice and I never disable that armor.
    Strength lies not in defence but in attack.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    depends on the outfit i would say... there are certainly some neat outfits you can do with Kits, the non STF FED Armors are mostly *meh* though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I only show the armor on away missions where combat is going to happen. It helps with "immersion" and RP (if any) and changes the characters "look" throughout my gaming experience.

But walking around Spacedock I'll show only the kit ... sometimes I won't.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Us Klingons are true warriors and do not have armor visuals as the Federation petaQ! lol :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KDF visuals are broken anyway, so I keep mine disabled.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Funnily enough! I usually feel nude because I *always* see everyone and their mother have armour on.

Especially those Space Romans or them 21st Century Spartans I keep seeing around.

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It depends.

On Defera for instance, I feel it's more appropriate to wear my armor. Most other zones, I stick to one of my uniforms. But my Gorn BO for my Fed engineer always wears his armor since I find most of his costume options pretty meh.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    ... see their Armour?

I have it set - across the board - to "make invisible" so people can see my grandeur :D, so to speak, of my uniforms.
    It depends upon my mood.

Casual Mood = Uniforms.
    Extremely Casual = Off-duty Outfits.
    Serious Mood = Armors.
    PvP Mood = Uniforms.

When I get into my PvP mood, I hide my profession by disabling the armors. Since I use different color schemes for my uniforms, the only way someone will see my profession is by the profile.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daroska wrote: »
    Funnily enough! I usually feel nude because I *always* see everyone and their mother have armour on.

Especially those Space Romans or them 21st Century Spartans I keep seeing around.

:rolleyes:

That Klingon armour makes it look like we are in a medieval fantasie game, STO meets Skyrim.

I have the Klingon Academy set and use it on male characters. I also have the mercenary set. I use it sometimes on my Fed characters, although it doesn't fit in with a Starfleet officer. I would love to have it for my Klingon characters and I don't know why we haven't.
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    That Klingon armour makes it look like we are in a medieval fantasie game, STO meets Skyrim.

I have the Klingon Academy set and use it on male characters. I also have the mercenary set. I use it sometimes on my Fed characters, although it doesn't fit in with a Starfleet officer. I would love to have it for my Klingon characters and I don't know why we haven't.

Finally, someone else who is unappreciative towards the Honour Guard armour set!

But yes, the Mercenary apparel should be available for the Imperial Empire's defenders.
    Although I believe it will be soon enough, as I could equip the belt on my Gorn in Tribble.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always keep the visuals for both kits and armor disabled. The blue holographic kits sets I find...irritating, and and I think the armor invariably looks worse than the uniforms they cover up, so they are disabled too. I only wish that the 'disable visuals' for weaponsremoved all that hideous holographic clutter from the weapons and reverted them to their lower level visuals.
  • pokinatchapunxpokinatchapunx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I usually walk around fully nude. :eek:
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lots of people show their MACO/Omega armor, but that's mostly it, you rarely see people showing regular armor. Probably because it looks silly, most of it's too shiny and looks like metallic pajamas.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't seen or shown my armor since day one.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't shown an armour since the day I figured out how to turn them off.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since I figured out how to turn off the visuals. I had them off since. Like mine to run around like the ones from the shows. They all had just their uniforms. I do show my kit some if it looks decent. If not that is removed on visuals as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dixonium wrote: »
    I love the look of my science kit. I'm still waiting for the option to activate and mix-and-match kit visuals within the tailor, for myself and my bridge officers.

My sci captain also shows both armor and kit (he has normal armor not maco/omega/honor). Everyone else has it turned off. One engineer and one tac have their kits visible though.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I disable visuals on my armor, but then create costumes of me wearing that armor, allowing me to hot-swap them as appropriate.

I've also recently taken to customizing my costume armor so that it has a color theme. You know, the kind that you see on "Captain Photon and the Photoneers"? :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Classic armor, minus engineer, looks fine it's just usually tradmark rookie to not have learned how to disable it and be wearing it.

I groan whenever I see an engineer with that yellow/orange monstrosity and a bunker/fabrication kit. Yes, I groan a lot. I think they accidentally launched STO instead of a super hero game.

I might use one of the STF armors without the helmet but usually it's uniforms with or without kits.
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't in ESD and places like that, but I do forget..its not really important anyways..

Have not had any complaints but it like that
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those visual doesn't make the game feel like Star Trek so I disable them all. Only side arms are allow to be display for away team, but not in friendly zone.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"