test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time you fixed Fleet Starbase DOFFs

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
I just spent over 400,000 Fleet Marks trying to get Medical DOFFs for my fleet's starbase project, and out of literally 100s of Science Officers, I only got 10 Medical DOFFs.

It's long past due for you guys to fix this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yer it is ive done the same thing spent 500k in marks on doffs to get very few medical ones its a pain in the TRIBBLE
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Amen, this is really getting old at this point. My fleet is trying to finish out tier 4 science before May, and all these blasted science DOFFs are annoying to deal with.

Operations and engineering isn't as bad, and tactical isn't an issue, while security are at least cheaper on the exchange.

But medical DOFFs...oi.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started tracking all my starbase doffs a few weeks ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asc_VtvL64z4dGp4d3JPSlpRbXFCNGoyS2ZnVl9Zb1E&usp=sharing

My observed results are pretty close to what I would expect if there is an equal chance to get each section within each department. Unfortunately, this causes problems when two departments (science/medical) are split 9/4, but starbase projects require an even amount of both (or more medical for T3). For Theoretical Modeling Projects III, I can expect it to take almost 250 packs before I get the 70 medical doffs to fill the project. That means I have more than enough science to fill almost three projects.

It doesn't help that Adip Yjhlam (Biochemist) is still bugged and listed as science instead of medical.
    :(
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is why I don't buy from the random pool. I go to the exchange and look at hte specific category needed. Yes not everyone can afford to do so (Myself included) but you are guaranteed to get what you need...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But all the more reason Borticus needs to take action and fix the Fleet DOFF Medical Crates, nobody wants to fork 50,000 EC for each Medical DOFF. For a T3 project, you are looking at over 1 million EC off the exchange. Or spending literally hundreds of thousands of their hard-earned fleet marks for trash.

This is one of many reasons why people are abaonding small fleets for larger ones. Because Cryptic did a very poor job in their planning.
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is one of many reasons why people are abaonding small fleets for larger ones. Because Cryptic did a very poor job in their planning.

Cryptic planned this fine: People in small fleets shouldn't have ever expected to keep up with large fleets, welcome to reality. The system rewarded working together.

Besides, now that large fleets are starting to hit T5 (and enjoy having items others dont for a while, the benefit of having a fleet big enough to power through things), Cryptic is going to reduce prices on everything for the holdings in a future update, so smaller fleets can catch up.

I'm sure there will be some big T5 everything fleets whining about wanting refunds for all the stuff they paid before the price drop, but that is another fact of life: stuff gets cheaper, and you pay more money for the chance to have it first. (I paid like $700 for a PS3, for example)
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

Would that address this concern in an equitable manner?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

To me, that would be fine since that's how we get them from the fleet dispenser... :D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • zardonfarzardonfar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Works for me.. Make it so!
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Don't use those big words I have to check my dictionary for. :eek:

Back to the question at hand, if I understand that correctly such a change would require you to adjust each starbase project?
    Why not instead of pummeling the requirements into submission shift the science vs medical ratio instead?

Example:

Current req on project x: 60 science & 60 medical doffs
    Your proposal: 120 science or medical
    My proposal: 90 science & 30 medical

A 75/25 split would be closer to the actual drop rates without trivializing it.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes it would, yesterday we needed 65 Medical Doffs, I had 250 science doff boxes from the starbase, and after opend all 250 i still only had 63. Your idea will fix this and i hope you wil change it.
    What make me sad is:
    "The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes."
    You know there is something wrong and you have a solution, fix it.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would do fine. I would be happy to see that.

In an ideal world all projects should operate like this. it would make life much easier, but the science/medical ration of the starbase vendor is by far the most unbalanced.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think if you're going to make it so that the doffs drop as a category, then they should routinely be required as a category.

So if your drop table selects from [science & medical officers], your submission field should require [science and medical officers], rather than [science] or [medical officers].

If you can't change the drop tables (which understandably might be difficult for little benefit), changing the submission type would solve it.

I wouldn't even mind if you actually increased the submission amount beyond a simple addition because of the difference in rarity.

For example, [60 Medical] and [70 science] might well fairly become [150 science and medical].
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would be ideal and certainly would help push those science projects forward, especially in smaller fleets. As it is now, the medical doffs are so difficult to come by and so expensive to purchase the science tier progress in my fleets is almost at a halt.

Still, should this change take place, does this mean the tactical and engineering projects would need to be altered in the same matter as well? Or just science?

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a separate batch of Fleet DOFFs, but instead of including the whole specialization (tac/engi/sci), they would contain doffs of a particular department (so tac/sec/eng/ops/sci/med/civilian). They could even be a little bit more expensive, but at least we wouldn't need to rely so much on luck to get what we want. Although I'm not sure how much work and effort is needed to create such a new doff pack.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would be just ok, but already taken out all diversity of SB projects during S7. Why don't you just alter the ratios of Doffs needed? I liked the challenging of having to find particular things, making the bartender and chef having to buy 1500 just isn't fun.

Engineering is fine as is. The ratios should be 1:1, on any given day you get close enough. Tier 4 is fine. Change tier 3 and others to be even instead of lop sided

Tactical is a mess. The ratios should be 2 tac: 1 sec. On a typcial day I have 90 tactical and 45 security filled. Its 2.7m ec to fill the remaining security daily. Security can range from 30-60, since the streaks seem to happen and make a huge effect.
    Changing tier 4 from 90/90 to 120/60 tac/sec would work.

Science is the worst. The ratios are somewhere around 3 or 2.5 sci to 1 medical. There is a large variance because the RNG is particularily unkind on this kind of pay off. At tier 4 I can have 90 scis filled with anywhere from 30-45 medical. You could set tier 4 at something like 130 sci to 45 or 50 medical.

Also need to go back and remove the ops Doffs needed for the tactical assignment for operational assets at tiers below 4.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Absolutely, that would make tactical and science starbase projects have as little downtime as an engineering project (since ops and engineering drop at roughly the same rate); and thus give us the opportunity to see T5 shipyard and comm array this year.

Please make this change, Bort!
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes.

/10 char
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It's a great idea. In addition to fixing the lack of common medical doffs, it might also raise the value of the currently almost worthless, common science doffs. I like it. :)
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

This ... would be..... AWESOME!!!!!
    edited April 2013
    I might suggest going one step further.

1. Make all single-department inputs cover both - medical/science has the biggest discrepancy, but the problem isn't absent in others
    2. For projects that have one input for each of two departments, convert one to both departments and one to any department.

Now, 2 has a couple points: It helps equalize across all departments - overabundant science officers will spill over into tactical and engineering projects. The problem may be worst by far with science projects, but it's not completely absent in others.

Also, RP/conceptually it makes a more unified organization - none of the departments work independently, but with support from the others - a military project is primarily tactical and security, but still benefits from a level of engineering and medical support.
  • captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would be fantastic. I burn a lot of fleet credits on doffs that I/we (the fleet) don't need. It wouldn't be so bad if I could junk the non-needed ones for the old dilithium values OR for more recruitment xp but right now I feel like I'm rolling dice and getting snake eyes way too often.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I think it would. I'd still cost me the same input values for X # of DOFFs, but I wouldn't have to spend 10x the normal cost trying to snag medical types in a crazy, unequal distribution pool.

do it, man. DO IT!!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How about scaled approach:
    Star base projects accept all common/uncommon/rare/V rare DOFFS
    1VR=27 Common DOFFs
    1 Rare=9 Common DOOFs
    1 Uncommon=3 Common DOFFs
    This will help out fleets and "normalize" absurd situation with DOFF's prices on Exchange.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would be awesome! Do it borti! :D

The same goes for Engineering/Operations and Tactical/Security. If you guys are trying to make it easier for small fleets, that'd be the way to do it! Fleet marks aren't a problem, I have more than 4k myself and I just spent several thousand recently. Dilithium and Doffs are problem areas for sure! If you cut the amount of doffs needed in half and make them Sci/Med Tac/Sec etc, and take the dilithium demand down by about 75% I think that would make projects reasonable for most fleets.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    This ... would be..... AWESOME!!!!!

Yes. I completely agree.
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Hell yes. Thanks Bort!
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

yes please for the love of all that is holy!!!
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

My problem tends to lie more with the Security Officer input. Since statistically, security officers drop less often than tactical, I end up opening 3 times more doffs just to fill a single project calling for Security.

(Currently, I'm referring to the tactical Tier 2.5 grinding missions that award 1K experience. I can edit in the actual name of the project as soon as I'm done patching)
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leod198 wrote: »
    How about scaled approach:
    Star base projects accept all common/uncommon/rare/V rare DOFFS
    1VR=27 Common DOFFs
    1 Rare=9 Common DOOFs
    1 Uncommon=3 Common DOFFs
    This will help out fleets and "normalize" absurd situation with DOFF's prices on Exchange.

That's been suggested before they've said that's not currently possible, they can say X common doffs or X Very Rare Doffs, but the system can't currently weigh rarities differently. They can't say X Common doffs or Y Very Rare doffs.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

the same issue happens with tactical/security

the best solution imo is to change the inputs to reflect the drop tables

for tier-4 XP projects they are:
    Mil: 100 sec, 100 tac
    Eng: 100 eng, 100, ops
    Sci: 100 med, 100 sci

changing them to:
    Mil: 67 sec, 137 tac
    Eng: 105 eng, 95, ops
    FED Sci: 71 med, 129 sci; KDF Sci: 46 med, 154 sci

These are numbers are based off the doff tables listed on the wiki, but you get the idea
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)