test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for "Join only new Instance" for Queue

aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It's frustrating being put in a PvE map that is already in progress, especially in events which rewards based on participation.

Could we get the option to only join fresh instances, at the cost of waiting longer/for the next event starting.
And also there could be an incentive/reward for those opting not to wait, and backfilling people whom leave events.
Post edited by aexrael on

Comments

• dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree. Just yesterday I was put into a STF where the optional had already failed. I should have at least had the option to bail out without taking the penalty in a case like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you can do that by running a private queue.

If you're thrown into a PVE that already started, you should try your best to help out the team who got stuck one man short. If players weren't so obsessed with getting the optional, you wouldn't be thrown into a game in progress as often.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The optional in STF's used to be a big deal with the prototype borg salvage nowadays I find they aren't as important, yes it's good to get for the additional marks etc, but not a huge deal if not achieved.

I noticed a lot of players don't know how to run Elite STF's, the tactics etc. I feel all STF's should have a mission brief (with a minute cooldown before the game starts) with the tactics required and to allow the team to discuss and decided who should do what (such as in Khitomer where who is on what side, probe killing/timegate duty etc).

It will help I feel but there are still a lot of players who just don't communicate with team mates or even read their chat. Which is frustrating but is something you have to expect in PUG's.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • captainretsetcaptainretset Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree about the optional. Most ESTFs I enter get the optional, even with PUGS. According to ACT, I am the top damage scorer in most of them but often only get one neural processor. I have to figure that people who did worse got 6 or 11 on those occasions.

So, with the awards being random, I say just get stuck in and finish the ESTF regardless of when you join.

That said, it always seems to load me into new ones.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    agree. it is annoying to get into an estf, expecting a 10 minute run, and I end up cleaning up other people's messes for 15 mins or more, while in a fresh match I coulda just prevented it.

tho the above was kinda off, as OP probably meant SB24, CE, and gorn minefield. tho I have grabbed first place not once from joining into only the negvar killing phase. still it is unfair atop of the unfair nature of the reward system (based highly on dps, tacs are at an advantage, even in CE, tho atleast it is trying)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2