test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with my Sci Vesta ; Part 2

opheliadraegonneopheliadraegonne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Federation Discussion
After sifting through the advice I received in the last thread I posted, I have worked on my Vesta with some really good results. I would like some feedback to see if I am missing anything.

It does well in Elites.

USS Hypatia
NX-93184-A
Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer

Fore Weapons ;

[Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg]]

Aft Weapons ;

[Phaser Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 [CrtH]]
[Phaser Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 [CrtH]
[Kinetic Cutting Beam Mk XII [Dmg]x3]]

Deflector ;

[Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XI]

Impulse ;

[Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI]

Shields ;

[Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array Mk XI]

Engineering ;

[Console - Universal - Sympathetic Fermion Transceiver]
[Console - Universal - Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module]

Science ;

[Console - Universal - Quantum Field Focus Controller]
[Console - Science - Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XII]

[Console - Science - Particle Generator Mk XI]
[Console - Universal - Assimilated Module]

Tactical ;

[Console - Tactical - Phaser Relay Mk XII]

Devices ;

[Subspace Field Modulator]

Hangar ;

[Hangar - Danube Runabouts]

Green and Blue consoles need to become Purple, and Mk XI consoles and weapons need to be upgraded to Mk XII. Will be switching to Advanced Runabouts.

Crew ; 750 50%/Min
Power Transfer ; 100%

Hull ; 27,900 136.1%/min
Shields ; 7,222 75.2/6sec
Kinetic : 2%
Phaser : 0%
Disruptor : 2%
Plasma : 2%
Tetryon : 2%
Polaron : 0%
AntiProton : 0%

Crit : 3.4% 59.1%

Weapons : 99%
Attack Patterns : 94% (Going to respec, so this will go down.)
Energy Damage : 99%
Maneuvers : 84%
Targeting : 99%
Energy Specialization : 54%

Flow Capacitors : 35%
Shield Emitters : 124%
Power Insulators : 108%
Shield Systems : 99%
Graviton : 138%
Particles : 137%
Intertial : 70%
Sensors : 64%
Decompiler : 54% (Like to boost this)

Coil : 84%
Hull Repair : 89%
Structural Integrity : 108%
Subsystem Repair : 104%
Warp Core Efficiency : 122%
EPS : 94%
Impulse : 84%
Warp Core Potential : 109%
Hull Plating : 84%
Shield Performance : 99%
Auxiliary : 84%

Inertia : 40
Flight Speed : 69.58
Turn : 21.2

Stations (Skills)

1) Universal

Hazard Emitters I
Tractor Beam II
Photonic Shockwave I

2) Universal

Fire At Will I

3) Tactical

Tactical Team I
Cannon Rapid Fire 1

4) Engineering

Engineering Team I
Emergency Power to Shields I

5) Science

Science Team I
Photonic Officer I
Viral Matrix I
Gravity well III

DOffs :

Deflector Officer (reduce cooldown)
Deflector Officer (reduce cooldown)
Gravimetric Scientist (gravimetric aftershocks)

Photonic Studies Scientist (aftershock)
Photonic Studies Scientist (reduce cooldown)
Post edited by opheliadraegonne on

Comments

• mehenmehen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I fly a Nebula, so my advice will really only be for the powers in general, and even more so for PvE since you mentioned Elites. Unless they really buffed Photonic Officer recently, I would suggest you get rid of it and Photonic Shockwave. The recent nerf to Nadeon Detonator makes using any photonic studies doff worthless as well. Believe it or not, I would actually suggest using Tractor Beam Repulsors I in lieu of PSWI, since it--when properly used--can help you deal more damage and control an incoming crowd much better than PSW can. It also doubles as an interceptor for those pesky fighters, as well as heavy torpedoes. The disable for PSWI is paltry, as is the damage. Either way, I'd say drop it. Throw in a Transfer Shield Strength for the officer power as well for some additional heals. Your boat is rather fragile, after all.

Also, nuke either science team or engineering team; having three teams means you're going to be wasting one due to the global cd, so I'd suggest rocking EPtSI and II to cycle that damage resistance. Other than that, as I said, I have no real suggestions. Haven't seen your other thread, but the Vesta in general can be built in many effective ways...more so than most science vessels.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will be switching to Advanced Runabouts.

Going by information posted in this thread, the photon torpedoes that your current runabouts fire do more DPS than the quantums that the advanced would fire. Yes, I know that thread is about to'duj fighters and not runabouts, but the tests show that its a problem with the torpedo, and that's the same difference between the runabouts you have and the advanced.

In short, the purples don't seem to be better than the free blue ones your ship comes with.

I'd suggest maybe hanging on to your dilithium for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Fore Weapons ;

Aft Weapons ;

[Phaser Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 [CrtH]]
    [Phaser Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 [CrtH]
    [Kinetic Cutting Beam Mk XII [Dmg]x3]]

2) Universal

Fire At Will I

I don't believe these guys know each other.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Change fire at will for polarize hull. You have nothing to brake tractor beams. You also stated EPtS and ET1, can't have both, I would run EPtS 1 and Aux to SIF. With high aux you will get a better heal and a resistance for 10 second, and you can trigger it every 15 seconds. Get rid of Photonics officer. Long cool down. Another skill like TSS2 would help you here.
    320x240.jpg
  • mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Universal station should be a tac and you can get a lot more use out of all those aux cannons. Your Boff choice turns the vesta into a Luna, or at least similar.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Going by information posted in this thread, the photon torpedoes that your current runabouts fire do more DPS than the quantums that the advanced would fire. Yes, I know that thread is about to'duj fighters and not runabouts, but the tests show that its a problem with the torpedo, and that's the same difference between the runabouts you have and the advanced.

In short, the purples don't seem to be better than the free blue ones your ship comes with.

Runabouts are for Crowd Control, not damage (IMO), so the Croniton Torps the Advanced pop out are more valuable.

If you want damage from pets, right now it's Elite Scorpions from the Tier 5 Romulan Reputation -- up until you have a fleet with T5 Science Comm Array anyways.
  • opheliadraegonneopheliadraegonne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The Chronoton torps are better for crowd control. They slow movement so that Gravity Well is more useful.
    edited April 2013
    mozoha wrote: »
    Universal station should be a tac and you can get a lot more use out of all those aux cannons. Your Boff choice turns the vesta into a Luna, or at least similar.

I actually had it as a Tactical. I switched to Science to test out Photonic Shockwave. I actually find I am a lot more versatile and effective at crowd control this way. Do you really think I would be better with Rapid Fire and Beam Overload again?
    edited April 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Change fire at will for polarize hull. You have nothing to brake tractor beams. You also stated EPtS and ET1, can't have both, I would run EPtS 1 and Aux to SIF. With high aux you will get a better heal and a resistance for 10 second, and you can trigger it every 15 seconds. Get rid of Photonics officer. Long cool down. Another skill like TSS2 would help you here.

One of the abilities of the Experimental Set deals with Tractors. But I will consider Polarize Hull so I have multiple options, since the ability on the Set shares a cooldown.

And I clearly have both EPtS and ET1, so unsure how you think I cannot have both. However you are likely right about Aux to SIF.

What is TSS2?
  • dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you really think I would be better with Rapid Fire and Beam Overload again?

You have no weapons to use beam overload on anyways. Keep in mind that the kinetic cutting beam isn't actually a beam weapon in regards to boff abilities. That's the one thing i dislike about this particular setup - I lose the ability to use the ship's inherent subsystem targeting.
    For STFs I find cannon:scatter volley to be more effective than rapid fire, especially when you first group up a bunch of spheres with gravity well.

What is TSS2?

Transfer Shield Strength.

I use a Vesta and my weapon loadout is identical to yours. You can see it HERE if you're interested. My DPS could be better if I switched out the ltcdr uni slot for tac boff instead, which I'm going to try but I can't decide which sci abilities to get rid of. My bigger strengths at the moment are CC and some healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
    edited April 2013
    You have no weapons to use beam overload on anyways. Keep in mind that the kinetic cutting beam isn't actually a beam weapon in regards to boff abilities. That's the one thing i dislike about this particular setup - I lose the ability to use the ship's inherent subsystem targeting.
    For STFs I find cannon:scatter volley to be more effective than rapid fire, especially when you first group up a bunch of spheres with gravity well.

Oh duh on beam overload.

And that is a good point on scatter.

I suggest moving your two Universal consoles in Science to Engineering. I did so as an experiment following a suggestion and haven't looked back.
    edited April 2013
    One of the abilities of the Experimental Set deals with Tractors. But I will consider Polarize Hull so I have multiple options, since the ability on the Set shares a cooldown.

And I clearly have both EPtS and ET1, so unsure how you think I cannot have both. However you are likely right about Aux to SIF.

What is TSS2?

Yes your one ability will get you out of a tractor beam every three minutes. What about the rest of the time?

Please read and edit your post then. I never said or intended to say you don't have both of theses skills at level one, I am saying you don't have ET1 and EPtS1. Here is the reason why. You have a lt bridge officer station, which gives you a ensign and a lt engineering abilities. Since both of the skills you listed are ensign abilities you don't have both at level one, one of them has to be a level two ability. TSS is transfer shield strength. I think is also give you a damage resistance. I could be wrong. Look into it.

I am toying with the idea on my Vesta on putting the experiential reman/romulan plasma beam array on the front. The reason I am toying with the idea is it does not take any poer to run. It then gives me the ability to use sub system targeting. It is only an idea I will play with in a few weeks.
    320x240.jpg
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Replace a turret with a beam, for subsystem targeting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    Replace a turret with a beam, for subsystem targeting.

The only problem I have with that idea is you take you cannons of your target. It was a wacky build idea.
    320x240.jpg