test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reminder: No GROUND Boot Camp

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvP Boot Camp
Just as a point to remember today, there is NO ground boot camp. There is Naz's tourney and some make-up sessions for session 4 of normal boot camp, but no ground boot camp.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Due to the camp being on hold Mimey, is it possible that when a go date is given the ground Bootcamp might start from the beginning on a fresh run? I only ask as i know bugger all about ground PVP and would like to put my name down to learn lol. If not, are there any potential makeup sessions to remind everyone of the first session to get everyone back on track?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's entirely up to Pug and Subu, and anybody else who might be taking care of that. I just made this post as just a reminder.

I wouldn't mind having a mini-Boot Camp to let people learn the basics, I had a similar idea, but it's not my choice to make. I am also just not knowledgeable or have experience enough about ground to even try and make it happen either.

In something Pug told me last night (I dunno if he minds me quoting him or not), '90% of what you do on the ground is using some kind of a broken, or buggy mechanic'.

That seems to be the biggest reason why they didn't want to. So much stuff is so messed up, so busted, etc, that trying to teach it and avoid ANY of the broken stuff is nigh impossible.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If/when ground begins again it will be from the beginning. We hope that Cryptic will be willing to award respecs to those students who completed the two first sessions of ground this time around (Sargon has asked or will be asking about it), but we don't think it is likely to happen.
  • Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, Mimey, for this notice.
  • Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Due to the camp being on hold Mimey, is it possible that when a go date is given the ground Bootcamp might start from the beginning on a fresh run? I only ask as i know bugger all about ground PVP and would like to put my name down to learn lol. If not, are there any potential makeup sessions to remind everyone of the first session to get everyone back on track?

Regulus:

Boot Camp Ground is indefinitely on hold. There are simply too many issues with ground.