test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Contact Day

captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
I've been unable to pick up the mission from Commander Winters on Utopia Planitia this year. I did complete the mission last year but dumped the phoenix pet, now I can't get a new one. :( What's the point of the First Contact Celebration if you can't repeat the mission every year? The other special mission "Hearts and Minds" is repeatable, why not this?

Sorry First Contact Day has been a big let down.
Post edited by captainjgee on

Comments

• josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did you approach Sol System in Sector Space? If you go all the way into ESD, and try to talk to Winters in person, you can't get the mission. You have to beam out, then exit to Sector Space. In Sector Space, approach Sol System, and you'll see the option to Visit Utopia Planetia.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My FED reward is losing an inventory space?

Really?

I wouldn't even mind if you could put the thing into a device slot, at least.

The KDF Batleth looks cool. The Kah'less one is better, but why shouldn't it be. And it's handy for my lower level characters. Definitely the better end of this deal.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My FED reward is losing an inventory space?

Really?

I wouldn't even mind if you could put the thing into a device slot, at least.

The KDF Batleth looks cool. The Kah'less one is better, but why shouldn't it be. And it's handy for my lower level characters. Definitely the better end of this deal.

Thanks, tried that. I guess it's a mission that you can only do once in your characters life. :(
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been unable to pick up the mission from Commander Winters on Utopia Planitia this year. I did complete the mission last year but dumped the phoenix pet, now I can't get a new one. :( What's the point of the First Contact Celebration if you can't repeat the mission every year? The other special mission "Hearts and Minds" is repeatable, why not this?

Sorry First Contact Day has been a big let down.

this is conserning hearts and minds- where, what, who is this mission? I can not find it at all. as for first contact the people who replied is correct about the mission but you can not receive the ship more then once. you only receive skill points and energy points.
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is conserning hearts and minds- where, what, who is this mission?

Every Friday 13th and Halloween, there's this Mission "Hearts and Minds" that you can run.
  • pathiatawnerpathiatawner Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am unable to start the mission either. He simply won't give me the mission dialog box. This is the case on all of my federation characters, even the ones that haven't run the mission in the past.
  • pathiatawnerpathiatawner Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like no one figured out what this bug was for us, no reply from support yet even though I opened the ticket last week and the event ends today, lovely.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm so sorry to read this has happened to some of you.

It's also unfortunate that server maintenance countered the final five hours of the First Contact Day event for those who could actually take the mission.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)