test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Discussion

captaindarius8captaindarius8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
hey guys i wanted to know if there was a way to stop low level players from entering a level 50 mirror invasion match, sometimes when i play the mirror invasion event i see level 19, 25 and level 30 players in the VA mirror events, at first i didn't mind them being in the match but then i calculated how much XP you get from a full VA team and how much you get from a 4 VA and a low level player team and i found out that they take HALF the XP from level 50s, now you might say that i am a VA and don't need the XP, with season 7 the need for XP in projects has been very high i need to fill up projects for my fleet, items in the reputation systems and the embassy projects, with the people inviting their low level friends in the 50 mirror match its been real hard to get the projects i need going back up again. is there a way to put a restriction on low levels entering the match? like trying to team up a team for elite stfs and having a low level player on team the system automatically locks out the low level player, why can't we have the same for the mirror event?
Post edited by captaindarius8 on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    VA and RA characters should not be in mirror invasion anyway
    Live long and Prosper
  • leonshayleonshay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    now you might say that i am a VA and don't need the XP
    I might say that indeed.
    with season 7 the need for XP in projects has been very high i need to fill up projects for my fleet, items in the reputation systems and the embassy projects
    I truly don't understand how you can be short on expertise. Do you do missions at all?
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the way it works is that it randomly puts players together with no regard to rank/level.
    but it does try to keep people with in a level range.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The logical thing would have been to make two queues, 1-49 and 50.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey guys i wanted to know if there was a way to stop low level players from entering a level 50 mirror invasion match, sometimes when i play the mirror invasion event i see level 19, 25 and level 30 players in the VA mirror events, at first i didn't mind them being in the match but then i calculated how much XP you get from a full VA team and how much you get from a 4 VA and a low level player team and i found out that they take HALF the XP from level 50s, now you might say that i am a VA and don't need the XP, with season 7 the need for XP in projects has been very high i need to fill up projects for my fleet, items in the reputation systems and the embassy projects, with the people inviting their low level friends in the 50 mirror match its been real hard to get the projects i need going back up again. is there a way to put a restriction on low levels entering the match? like trying to team up a team for elite stfs and having a low level player on team the system automatically locks out the low level player, why can't we have the same for the mirror event?

and after the 1st sentance ill say this i was level 10 and fought with 50's and we then teamed to do 9 in row

if you cant learn what the word team is and ot help your fellow new players dont play it and do it privately

ive seen one time where a level 50 kept getting himsefl killed

3 people quit and me and a lowlevel both completed it
    if your new heres a tip
    take out the damaged ships before trying the stradi .....anyhow
    they do have a thing in your options ot keep levels close to you.
    i had that one mirror at the last minute of the time and it lasted over an hour....
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    VA and RA characters should not be in mirror invasion anyway

After the dilithium clamps on STFs, exploration, and everywhere else, mirror universe has been looked to as another way to make up for the dilithium deficit.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leonshay wrote: »
    I truly don't understand how you can be short on expertise. Do you do missions at all?
    Its easy to run out of Exp. The omega and romulan rep rewards use them, so do boff skill retraining, etc. If you're not constantly replacing them you'll run out pretty quick.

My fed toon has a float of about 500k exp points, but my kdf toon has a running balance of 0 exp points. The only difference between them is the fed toon does a lot of doff assignments (because that's what fed admirals should do), but my klink is not a federation admiral so he doesnt ~"analyze unknown alloy" and instead he has to replenish with combat. Mirror event is an hour of high-flow exp points, over 10k per event and there's no cooldown so you can easily crank out 100-200k exp if you catch the event. Its the best way to get the points.

Hopefully that answers your question
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    a3001 wrote: »
    After the dilithium clamps on STFs
    What? STFs are still the most lucrative way to get dilithium if you actually want to put effort in and not get oneshotted 15 times in a ground arena while you go make a sandwich.
    Have you participated in;

Romulan Rep
    Omega Rep
    Starabse Rep
    Embassy Rep

You can run out of expertise very quickly.
    Yes. I'm keeping up to date on my reps on a fresh 50 and I'm not running out of expertise. The only people who do seem to be the ones who don't actually play the game or waste their time on those flight deck officer doff assignments.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • mousernovmousernov Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have only ever done mirror event twice on one toon, even though ive been playing since launch. Hell didnt even know much about it until LoR was announced, now its all over the forums.

I sometimes wonder if its a single or organized mind behind these things or are they truly random. I personally dont care what they do with this as i enjoy the story and missions, just saying is all.
  • rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When i have a new toon and want some quick EXP, i do mirror event. In that case, i don't care about the levels of the other participants... i just do my job and get the EXP at the end of the round.

In fact, i'm happy when i queue up and the game can start immediately. Didn't we already have a situation where Mirror Event was level dependant and then it never started because there weren't enough players of the same level range queuing up at all?

You should be happy that it is like it is now, really.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As long as people ignore the satellites and focus fire on the Stadi at the end, lower levels shouldn't matter - although low level loot is a waste ;)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have always seen this event teaming you up with people of your own rank, as I just leveled a science captain with it.

So when I was a captain it put me in with other captains, and now that the character is a VA today she got teamed up with other VAs.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • weltraumschafweltraumschaf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i ran low on expertise too.

a elite stf only gives 2-6k expertises. a fast mui run gives you 12 k expertises. With a fleetmate i played 12 mui in 1 Hour. best way to get expertises for 1 week.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To the OP from what I can tell only people of same rank are put in the mission with 1 possible exception if I am correct. If a level 50 player teamed up with a lower level player and they both click to do mirror invasion then low level player will show up in the mission with the level 50 players. Rarely have I been in mirror invasion with people of different ranks.

Mirror invasion is my favorite mission and help level up characters faster and also helps gain expertise quickly should you start to run low. I wish Mirror invasion would show up to do more often.
  • leonshayleonshay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Have you participated in;

Romulan Rep
    Omega Rep
    Starabse Rep
    Embassy Rep

You can run out of expertise very quickly.

All of the above, and that's not been my experience whatsoever. Maybe we're talking about a play timescale much further out than mine, but my expertise pool has been fairly steady at 1.5 mil for some time now despite T5 reps and contributions to a small-pop fleet.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    radkip wrote: »
    What? STFs are still the most lucrative way to get dilithium if you actually want to put effort in and not get oneshotted 15 times in a ground arena while you go make a sandwich.

Personally, the 4 STFs do get repetative after a while, so a quick run of Mirror usually breaks the monotony. But if you wanted to, I guess you can further your argument with Foundry missions, etc. But I digress...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    because my friends that are VA will group with one of my alts so i can get exp faster than in the lowbie versions, at LTCMDR for instance your doing good if you can get 3 runs in, if i group with a VA buddy though I can easily go an entire rank in that hour, so why wouldnt i?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive seen the lower ranks quite a few times in mirror, think its just one of the 'perks' of the queue system. I only do it to get extra XP or to break the cycle of STF grinding.
    Cant beat a bit of easy pew pew for frankly quite a big reward.
    Dont see what the issue is, Ive found if you have some low levels in there, it makes it even easier to obtain the stuff, just the low level rewards if you are mining for that is a bit of a bummer.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm capped on both reps. Have retrained multiple BOFFs.

I'm still sitting at 6 million XP.

If you can't hold onto at least a third of that amount then you're not trying to get any XP.