test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i was running around space dock in my shuttle

darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
So I was outside ESD in my shuttle and I docked, however when I appeared on ESD I was displaying the model of my shuttle... a few minutes later, the game crashed. Now when I start up on tribble, the game crashes at the character select screen. I would love to get you a screen shot but... alas, can't.
Post edited by darimund on

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just experienced the same bug, except with my currently selected ship. I didn't experience a crash though.

edit: and when I viewed my characters status, the ship showed up instead of my character.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried copying over my toon again, and now there are two of them, one is preceeded by a 1 to differeniate IE: Tom, Tom 1. But because the original "tom" was the one that I morphed into a shuttle some how, im pretty sure that's what's causing the client crash on the character select screen. Is there any way to delete a toon with out logging into tribble?
    edited April 2013
    Yep, on the character selection button after you select a character, you'll see one button labeled rename, and another called delete.
    edited April 2013
    can't do it, game crashes as soon as it gets to toon select screen
    edited April 2013
    In the launcher, try selecting safe mode or something like that in the launcher settings, see if that helps, and perhaps a force verify as well
    edited April 2013
    didn't work. I need to delete that toon to get past the login screen.
    edited April 2013
    Only other thing I can think of is to contact a developer, here in the forums, and let them know, in the My Account link at the top, click that, and below the links on the left side use the other link, "need further assistance" or Branflakes signature has ways of contacting devs. Contact them that way, and let them know the problem you're having.
    edited April 2013
    For anyone experiencing this same bug, showing up in ESD, or other land zones as your ship instead of as your character, delete the Tribble character acting that way, and recopy it from your Holodeck character, it fixed it for me.

Any one experiencing the same bug, post in here, and how recopying your Holodeck character back to Tribble works for you. More information will help the Devs in tracking this. :)

edit:
    On a side note, that did fix it, but now my character is showing the borg impulse engine below his feet, and the borg impulse engine is still showing up on my ship, but my character is standing on it in the character status window. Though on a land/planetary zone the borg impulse engine doesn't show up, unlike the status window, when in space, on land, the borg engine doesn't show in the character's status window when in land zones.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My mate being a jem HEC onboard ESD :D

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7331/domonesd.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I saw that, I was a green skinned alien :)
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know the steps to reproduce this bug? It may help the devs :)
    edited April 2013
    all I did was click dock
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    instance 1 on esd is where the party was, we even had farktoid5000 dev to chat to about it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    if hes still there, tell em to go delete my toons D=
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's one little ship.
    edited April 2013

lol that's about how I felt.
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who knew that my Catien Carrier could walk around Star fleet academy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52562896/screenshot_2013-04-03-04-55-00.jpg

The weird thing is that even on the login screen it's still the carrier. Its like the character information for your not active character hasnt loaded at all

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52562896/screenshot_2013-04-03-05-03-24.jpg

I ant beam up with any of the other chars on tribble either
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I experienced the character zoning into a ground map as my ship. I crashed when I logged the character out and goto the character selection screen. My character's avatar was his ship. And how my Tribble client is crashing everytime I start it up. It's crashes everytime I reach the character selection screen as my copied self is still show his ship instead of person avatar.
  • biessmanbiessman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5734/screenshot2013040300391.jpg

First a shuttle, and now a steamrunner. Whats next? A Galaxy-X?
  • biessmanbiessman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And sorry to double post but http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6756/screenshot2013040300451.jpg here's another pic of ships in ESD
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i tryed to overwrite chars on tribble to end up with 2 copys and itsnow doing the same as above as soon as i click one it crashes

PMSL them pics are ace im nicking link for fleet web site
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited April 2013
    unfortunately it seems the character copy doesn't work that way... you just end up propagating tribble with clones of yourself... why would you want to have more than 1 copy of the same toon? =p
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you know what this all sounds like to me, guys? they finally managed ships to be able to fly and dock into ESD maybe and this is just a clipping bug or something like that.. dont know but imagine yourself..
    What ? Calaway.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is an old bug that crops up from time to time, often when the devs go mucking about with the UI. I remember this back in Beta: for a couple of days I'd be a ship planetside but my toon on the space maps just jogging along at warp speeds. Unfortunately when this happens lots of things get confused, especially if there's an animation involved, which leads to even more erratic behaviors, crashes, you name it.
    edited April 2013
    *sigh* this is one of many reasons I have little faith in cryptic:

me - Customer via CSS Web 04/02/2013 08:55 PM

I cannot login to the tribble test server. Client crashes at character select. Crash started after I appeared on ESD as my shuttle. I have no way to get into the game to delete my characters from Tribble. Please delete all of my test server characters, I will recopy them when that is done.

Craptic - Response Customer Support via Email 04/03/2013 08:34 AM

Hello

According to our records, you were able to log into the games recently.

Were you able to resolve your issue, or do you still require further assistance?

Me - Customer via CSS Web 04/03/2013 12:00 PM

your records are wrong, like I said in the report, the client crashes on the character select screen on the tribble test server. once again, please delete all of my characters from the tribble test server, I will copy them over again once that is done.

also, this issue is not solved, please do not mark it as such until it is actually "solved".

Craptic - Response Customer Support via Email 04/03/2013 12:04 PM

Hello

Thank you for submitting this ticket regarding an in game issue. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. It may be a good idea to force verify your game files.

[To Force Verify you just need to select ??Force Verify?? from the Options menu on the game launcher window. You will need to be logged into the launcher to access this option. Once the game has completed verifying and re-patching the missing game files you should be able to log back in.]

You may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher.
    If the issue persists we suggest reinstalling the game from our website

Me - Customer via CSS Web 04/03/2013 12:07 PM

oh hey guess what, done that one... didn't work, deleted the test folder and let the launcher redownload the test client and such... didn't work, tried logging in under safe mode, didn't work... btw, been to the forums too... wanna see? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=605701

I started this thread. WILL YOU PLEASE DELETE MY CHARACTERS FROM THE TRIBBLE TEST SERVER for the 3rd time.

and no response from craptic... apparently in the 3 minutes it took me to respond to their "support" question, they went out for a spot of tea and got hit by a bus.
  • neosaturnneosaturn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh nos, the beam in as your ship bug is back... I wonder if the latest patch fixed it? Speaking of which I can't even get the latest patch to download. Keeps freezing after 1-2 seconds and does nothing. If they haven't fixed it yet, I'm hoping to have a little amusement as well as long as I don't crash.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    darimund wrote: »
    So I was outside ESD in my shuttle and I docked, however when I appeared on ESD I was displaying the model of my shuttle... a few minutes later, the game crashed. Now when I start up on tribble, the game crashes at the character select screen. I would love to get you a screen shot but... alas, can't.

If you use W7 professional you can use the Snipping Tool to take the picture in order to show PWE! ^_^
    6tviTDx.png

• zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darimund wrote: »
    I cannot login to the tribble test server. Client crashes at character select.

What's the number you see in the center bottom of the Cryptic crash tracker that pops up?

Thanks!