test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Romulan] Which faction will you ally with?

Comments

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Imperial Romulan Fleet is leaning toward federation, its our higher starbase so it makes since to give us a higher booster shot to the arm since we wont have a faction specific base to start with. Besides....allying with the klingons just hasnt gone well for us romulans in the past.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fed

i have more c-store unlocks for fed side then i do KDF.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • txterminatortxterminator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As the title says, Romulan captains will you join Kdf or Federation, since we will have to join either side at least for now, I'm curious how many of you are planing to go to Feds or Kdf?
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dk yet depends on whet the romulans get for ships. But probably one of each just for fun.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i will surely create at least 1 for every side for the story, but which i will main will depend on 2 things

- what my fleet friends will do (if they go blue or red)
    - what Romulan ships will be capable of

my initial gut feeling would be going KDF, on the other hand, the FED quick access to queued content makes me thinking..

hoping for cross faction PVE and PVP soon!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Both... very easy :)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Both... very easy :)

What he said ! :)
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unlocked reman -> straight to the KDF.
    Romulan -> straight to the KDF.
    Suliban? (didn't know they were confirmed, just a new head option in char creator, but it makes sense) -> straight to the KDF... see how this works?

I just don't see how a Romulan in anything that doesn't have "bird" somewhere in its heritage is right. Hell, I'd stick one in a Tuffli on Fed-side, if I had one, because that at least makes more sense than a Romulan in an Odyssey.

KDF all the way for me, I'm afraid.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It all depends on if Cryptic does anything to improve the KDF experience by adding a lot more unique content. If they don't then I'm just going to join my Fed fleet because that's where the good stuff is.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Suliban? (didn't know they were confirmed, just a new head option in char creator, but it makes sense) -> straight to the KDF... see how this works?

Suliban are not confirmed, but:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8611471&postcount=65
    dastahl wrote: »
    There's a good chance you'll see a Suliban in the future seeing as the Suliban Helix is in the Tau Dewa sector.

and there is the costume in the toon creator
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    me and The Tal Shiar fleet will be fed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I won't be joining either of them, I will allying with one for my own convenience.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still trying to decide which starbase would be easier to convert to something Romulan

I like the Federation lay out but there are far too many federation officers out there
    Live long and Prosper
  • txterminatortxterminator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I won't be joining either of them, I will allying with one for my own convenience.

Now that's the true nature of the Romulan speaking :)
  • romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am not going in alliance with klins or feds

Better to be dead romulan than traitor without identity
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
    edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Still trying to decide which starbase would be easier to convert to something Romulan...

How about an almost empty Klingon one? :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”

edited April 2013
    True there do seem to be Very few Klingons on some of them
    Live long and Prosper
    edited April 2013
    I know I'd welcome a few space drow... sorry... Romulans on my tier 1 base of 4 members :D

• giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neither, now that I've had time to digest the new Romulan setup, I don't want to play any more. I don't just mean that I don't want to "Roll a Rommy Toon", but that I want nothing to do with this half attempt at adding "New" content.

I was very pleased with the original news of a Rom faction and was busily working out how much money I was willing to spend on char/bank/inv slots and lovely new Romulan goodies. Then came the news that there is NO ROMULAN FACTION. Sure we can roll a Rom toon and for the first hour or so level up in low end Rom boats to lvl 10, then what? OH yeh, abandon any thoughts of helping the Romulans reclaim anything and join the Federation or the KDF... (KDF, lol, half of a half faction is a quarter)

This will place the remaining Roms in the situation of fighting Rom on Rom, not exactly a great way of preserving the future of the survivors.

No thanks. NOT STAR TREK.

This is not a new faction, just adding Rom toons and boats to the existing 1 1/2 factions.

The exclusive Rom missions will be enough to level up to the point of choosing sides, after that go grind the FED or KDF missions until you're as bored of the same missions as the other faction gets.

Better to be assimilated by the Borg than become a lapdog for the FEDS.

Better of dead than a subject of KDF rule.
    I WANT TO MARCH BENEATH THE RAPTORS WING
    (not FED, not KDF)
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    Sure we can roll a Rom toon and for the first hour or so level up in low end Rom boats to lvl 10, then what? OH yeh, abandon any thoughts of helping the Romulans reclaim anything and join the Federation or the KDF... (KDF, lol, half of a half faction is a quarter)

Actually, you continue on trying to help the Romulans reclaim anything for another 30 levels after level 10.

Here's the thing. You can try out the RSR for free, don't spend a penny, see what they're actually going to do with them and then complain about how this isn't trek anymore!
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably Fed, if for no other reason than our Fed starbase is substantially more developed.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fed. Why would I willingly join a broken/empty faction? Lol. "50 missions or 5? 50 ships or 5?"
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    This will place the remaining Roms in the situation of fighting Rom on Rom, not exactly a great way of preserving the future of the survivors.

This is only a problem for PvP players. For those of us who don't PvP, the situation will never come up.
    The exclusive Rom missions will be enough to level up to the point of choosing sides, after that go grind the FED or KDF missions until you're as bored of the same missions as the other faction gets.

No, we choose allies at level 10, but Romulan-specific content goes through level 40 (see the dev tracker for this info).

That is, you can play a Romulan as a Romulan through 40. It sounds like the post 40 content might be the FEs, which are already faction neutral, but I'm not sure about that.

It sounds like we have the option of playing missions with our allies, but not the requirement to do so. This can be a good thing for those who like to create multiple characters, because it gives more content and leveling options.
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jermbot wrote: »
    Actually, you continue on trying to help the Romulans reclaim anything for another 30 levels after level 10.

Here's the thing. You can try out the RSR for free, don't spend a penny, see what they're actually going to do with them and then complain about how this isn't trek anymore!

This. There are a lot of forum posters who are making major assumptions (some of which Dastahl has already said are mistaken) without actually seeing the content that is coming.

Until we get a chance to play it (or see reviews of others who have), making snap judgments on very limited information is somewhat less than optimal.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe I will have my Romulans ally with both the Feds and the KDF where they will rise thru the ranks and do everything they can to sow discord and instigate a long drawn out bloody war between the two, and then when they bled themselves white and can no longer continue to fight, my forces will spring forth from hiding and cleanse every inhabited Fed/KDF planet with Genesis Torpedoes establish a new Romulan Star Empire on the ashes of our hated enemies.

Yes I am aware that the Genesis device was considered a terraforming failure. I don't care. My Romulans aren't going to use them to create new worlds. We're going to use them to wipe out all non Romulan lifeforms and the planets they live on.

Xenophobia and genocide for the win.
    I like your thinking. :D

Well, except for the genocide. Why massacre when you can enslave?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Why Enslave when you can entirely subvert them so they don't even Know they work for you now

This is why there are already Romulans in Starfleet (passed one last night in ESD zone 4 Named "Centuria" really short skirt , improbable TRIBBLE and a basin cut hair do )
    Live long and Prosper
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It depends very much on the way in which the choice is presented to us in-game, but...

My Romulan will likely ally with the Federation, my Reman will likely ally with the Klingons.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Reman aligned with FED.
    Romulan aligned with KDF.

Agreed. We will make good use of them for our own ends. :cool:
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ill see how it goes on Tribble, but depending on Dan Stahls answers to some of my questions will tell if I play it on Holodeck.

Based off what he said earlier I can replay the first like 10 missions up to level 10, and I can refuse to choose Fed or Kdf but it will not allow me to progress in the story.

Honestly that looks pretty good to me right now.