test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Romulan] Which faction will you ally with?

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whether I choose to play a Rom as a KDF ally will depend entirely on how many Missions the Roms have - as well as whether or not the KDF get any new Missions. I already did my 6-50 grind on one KDF. I have no desire to do it again on a ROM. So if I can play a Rom and have enough Rom and KDF Missions to get to 50 without needing to endlessly grind warzones and the like then sure, I will gladly play the KDF side again.

As a non-PvPer I don't really care about the KDF ships/gear compared to the Fed ships/gear. I can take my free T5 with blue gear into an Elite STF and generally do about as well as someone with maxed-out purples in a 10-console ship. It's not as though the difference between "free and blue" and "C-Store and purple" has ever led me to fail and Elite STF or miss the bonus.

In reality, though, the truth is I'll probably do one of each. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i have 6 FEDs and 4 KDFs
    i guess i will make 1 Romulan and later 1 Reman and put them on KDF side to balance it out.

KDF Endgame is better than FED for multiple reasons, Jupiter Force has both sides covered with Fleetbases, the KDF one goes a bit slower so my help is needed over there a lot more.
    And i can always use more Contraband Grinders.

I want to play Romulans to play their Romulan Ships, so higher rarity of LockBox stuff on KDF side is not a concern for me.
    By now i also have pretty much bought every ship in the C-Store, so the only question there is if i want Fed or KDF +1 Consoles for my Warbird(s).

I just do not look forward to being stuck at Warp 10 until i can get the Borg / Maco Engines from the Omega Rep... Warp 10 is sooo sloooow.... and DOffing at Warp 10 is a PITA with 10+ chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    KDF, of course.

Romulans have had more short-term-alliance-based history with the Klingon empire than with the federation. Also, the STO-federation has more than enough players and will have too many allies anyway. It's time for the klingon/romulan paycheck :cool:
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    KDF - and I'm excited about it. I can't justify an alliance with the Federation (form the UFP's perspective). Sure I'll lose access to all my FED cstore goodies, but it will encourage me to spend more money on KDF goods.
  • romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it is sad ,what rest from Romulan Star Empire ,poor romulans are forced to serving klings & feds in Reman Republic !

Please, all Romulans dont do it,stay independent or dead !
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will ally with neither faction. When I hit the point where I MUST choose, that is where I stop playing my romulan character until Cryptic shows the wisdom of allowing the Romulan faction to go it alone, and grants them access to all the progression systems available to the UFP and KDF.

It seems to be Cryptic's policy to always make sure that one of their factions remains gimped in some way.

What a shame...
    Well then, you will just get into your T2 ship and need to stop at level 10. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Romulans will ally with the Federation. The Klingons can't even stock their tailors with decent, non-spiked, female boot options. How could anyone ally themselves with such a backwards society?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Romulan character's going to ally with the Federation as he'll be a hold-out of the Reunification movement.

When I get my Reman character, I might have him ally with the Klingon Empire simply to balance my roster.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mirai222 wrote: »
    My Romulans will ally with the Federation. The Klingons can't even stock their tailors with decent, non-spiked, female boot options. How could anyone ally themselves with such a backwards society?

My Klingon has non-spiked boots. He don't need spikes, he has a star ship.

Beside, Romulans and Klingons can life in quite harmony together, as shown in one of the TNG episodes, where Worf discovers a Romulan/Klingon-comunity.

In fact, the Klingons and the Romulan Space Empires was in peace up to a point where the Romulans attacked Khitomer. This attack would have never been discovered, if there wouldn't have been this annoying federation star ship Enterprise C. All the hate Klingons have torwards Romulans is traced back to this inncident. So, when some pseudo-romulan player here claim, how barbaric Klingons are, I can only laugh, since Romulans sloughtered unarmed civillians on Khitomer. Thats barbaric and honorless, even from a Klingon point of view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »

Beside, Romulans and Klingons can life in quite harmony together, as shown in one of the TNG episodes, where Worf discovers a Romulan/Klingon-comunity.

In fact, the Klingons and the Romulan Space Empires was in peace up to a point where the Romulans attacked Khitomer. This attack would have never been discovered, if there wouldn't have been this annoying federation star ship Enterprise C. All the hate Klingons have torwards Romulans is traced back to this inncident. So, when some pseudo-romulan player here claim, how barbaric Klingons are, I can only laugh, since Romulans sloughtered unarmed civillians on Khitomer. Thats barbaric and honorless, even from a Klingon point of view.

I think you're confusing the Romulan attack on Narendra 3 and the Romulan attack on Khtiomer, those were two different things.;)
    edited March 2013

Oh yes, male Klingon recruits can go without the spikes, but not females.

Primitive, backwards society. Not worth allying with.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IF there is a good science focused warbird obviously KDF. Green fleet weapons > yellow fleet weapons for a warbird.
    Yep, definately KDF if I can find the motivation to grind for reputation, accolades etc again.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The ladies have spiked boots because the males have armoured cod pieces
    and no manners
    Live long and Prosper
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Didn't the Romulan Captain say that if his garrison left, the Klingons would be massacred by the military? Not exactly the picture perfect example of Klingons/Romulans living in peace, considerign it wasn't very indicative of the empire as a whole. Also note that the 'civilized' Worf was so racist that he couldn't stand the idea of them living together, and was repulsed when he found out his love interest was a hybrid, and set out to sabotage the colony. If that was Worf, can you imagine what would have happened if it was a Vorcha or BOP that had discovered th colony?
  • romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Well then, you will just get into your T2 ship and need to stop at level 10. :)

yes I ll stop playing here & spend my money in another mmo
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going with the usurper queen, Lizwei's side!
    The New, New Romulan All-Stars Republican-Empire!
    We'll give out candy, free warbirds and free cake!

And to boot, our cosmozoan, singularity fueled epohhs
    will hang D'Tan from P'Jem's monastery! Excellent, right?

:P

On a serious note, my Reman will go Imperial Empire.
    Why? You ask? Because of the following reasons:
    1) The Federation is bloated and inefficient.

2) Starfleet is both hypocritical and ironic in it's Prime Directive.

3) This other playerbase is as obese as Porkins in population density.

4) We need every available and able body to help increase the Defense Force's numbers, no matter how much it doesn't benefit them or their fleet.

5) Personal preference for this last one, but well, I've never liked the 'beam up' conbadge animation from the shows. The wrist animation always felt better to me.

;)
    All in all my general dislike for the Federation has clouded any wish for my Reman to be a part of the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having given this some thought, once I've created my Romulan character, I'm going to ally with the Reman. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I already have 2Romulans in fed side (alien). I'll make a Romulan until I reach the decision point, then stop playing it. I fail to see the point, I would have prefered to have a 20-50 faction like the Klingon, instead of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    I already have 2Romulans in fed side (alien). I'll make a Romulan until I reach the decision point, then stop playing it. I fail to see the point, I would have prefered to have a 20-50 faction like the Klingon, instead of that.

Your choosing to lose out on 30 levels of exclusive Romulan mission content then. Allying with Fed or KDF is a fleet decision that won't effect you one bit unless you decide to pursue fleet rewards.

But its your choice to spite yourself.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    The ladies have spiked boots because the males have armoured cod pieces
    and no manners

Lmfao.....
    edited March 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    Your choosing to lose out on 30 levels of exclusive Romulan mission content then. Allying with Fed or KDF is a fleet decision that won't effect you one bit unless you decide to pursue fleet rewards.

But its your choice to spite yourself.

Well duh, all of the best stuff is fleet stuff, if we want to stay competitive we have no choice but to join a fleet. Which means becoming pets to one of our two greatest enemies.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Which faction will I choose as allies ? Both, of course...strange question... :P
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seeing as I have no choice and my FED fleet is full, I guess I'll join KDF and join our tiny tier 0 KDF fleet over there. Kinda blows a hole in that whole 'we don't want you to have to regrind fleets' statement, huh?
    edited March 2013

Well I'd hate to burst your fluidic bubble/powerpoint the inconvenient truth/tag an epohh here, but you could simply be an Orion or get the Temporal Jumpsuit from the Lobi exchange- to solve your need to divulge in Sol fashion sense as a 'Klingon.' :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    daroska wrote: »
    Well I'd hate to burst your fluidic bubble/powerpoint the inconvenient truth/tag an epohh here, but you could simply be an Orion or get the Temporal Jumpsuit from the Lobi exchange- to solve your need to divulge in Sol fashion sense as a 'Klingon.' :rolleyes:

How is that bursting my bubble? The Klingons don't stock any Temporal Jumpsuits for the tailors, I have to acquire them and stock them instead, at considerable personal expense I might add. And Orions? No non-spiked boots there, just a pair of sandals.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »

Can they pilot Warbirds or wear Romulan uniforms?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    edited March 2013
    How is that bursting my bubble? The Klingons don't stock any Temporal Jumpsuits for the tailors, I have to acquire them and stock them instead, at considerable personal expense I might add. And Orions? No non-spiked boots there, just a pair of sandals.

Technically speaking, buying them as a Klingon is stocking them potentiality
    for other Klingons (BOFFs/you in the future), just not other player Klingons.

Although, nevertheless, you should be happy with anything you can get on the KDF's side.
    Cryptic ain't exactly generous in this down town orphanage, not like the high town one.
    So there's no use in complaining that the water pump is only dripping.

And Orions do have non-spiked feminine boots to wear in actuality.. buuut..! Its just.. well.. the males wear them.
    :P
    So it would seem that when female Orions are in power, males are regulated to being hulkenstein strippers
    that wear shreds, restraints and the females old apparel, which they've discarded so as to allure aliens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Well, we have a Romulan fleet recruitment thread now....isn't that redundant since we don't get fleets and have to join a Fed or Kdf fleet?
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They said you can join a full romulan fleet, but it will not have a starbase or embassy yet.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.