test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Romulan] Which faction will you ally with?

jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
With the newest Ask Cryptic, we found out that Romulan is not a straightly "third side" but an ally to one of the side.

So in this case, would you ally with Klingons like TOS days, or ally with Starfleet?

I personally feel that I do not know... KDF, save for the lack of missions, actually have better DoFF missions, but I fear that everyone and their mother will pick Federation and make teh "war" even more lopsided. I would rather they just stay neutral and can swap back and forth as I feel like it - you know, actually like a Romulan.
Post edited by jestersage on

Comments

• lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seeing as picking either side is not an alliance, but servitude, crawling beneath new masters and doing their bidding, I want to pick.. neither!

3 years I've been waiting for playable Romulans. 3 years, and now this. :(
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most of mine will choose to infiltrate the Federation.

I may roll another one, perhaps a Reman if I get that far into Rom Rep, who will infiltrate the KDF.
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Certainly Fed, and ultimately join the Fleet I already have set up there. A second character I make may align with the Klingons. Maybe.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • viaxaviaxa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Neither.

I'm not going to complete that mission, I will just wait for the day where Cryptic fixes this mistake.

Now if that day ever comes, eh...
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    join the feds and be subject to bad pvping and ESD chat? never gonna happen.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was hoping to play a Vulcan-Romulan half-breed sci captain, and if I stick to that with the current role definitions then I will have to play Fed. TBH, I dont know that I want to bother with grinding another toon, no longer enthusiastic about it really.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Neither. I'll play to level 10, and when I get stonewalled there by the stupid 'choice', I'll just stop playing that character.

I was hoping to play a Vulcan-Romulan half-breed sci captain, and if I stick to that with the current role definitions then I will have to play Fed. TBH, I dont know that I want to bother with grinding another toon, no longer enthusiastic about it really.

It's a shame that the hybrid option is locked behind a paywall. Combined with the Reman being a reputation system unlock and the inevitable liberated borg being lifetime only (seriously, two species of a four-species faction being restricted to paying players? The heck?!?) I don't see many options here. I think that playing a Vulcan-Romulan hybrid would be interesting, too bad I won't be able to.
    edited March 2013
    Neither. I'll play to level 10, and when I get stonewalled there by the stupid 'choice', I'll just stop playing that character.

bravo .......
    edited March 2013

im looking forward to grinding a rom, as long as after lvl 10 its not yet another cut and paste fed episode thing ala klingon. somehow i think im gonna be disappointed
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    KDF , FED got too many players, and brood tell the day Cryptic realised they messed up and make a real Romulin faction. Or I will go play something else that can do three factions right like Elder Scrolls.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im looking forward to grinding a rom, as long as after lvl 10 its not yet another cut and paste fed episode thing ala klingon. somehow i think im gonna be disappointed
    Unfortunately, it is indeed limited to level 10 and below if you want to avoid taking the choice. You won't be able to level or get Duty officers until you do so. Hence why I will stop playing if that's the case.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Both, depending on the career. Science goes Fed because there is more science stuff available fed side (like Mirror Sci Ships and the Vesta). Tactical goes KDF because KDF ships are generally more tac heavy (battlecruisers vs fed cruisers for example) and the pay consoles are better more more damage. Engineer, unsure as of yet, but I guess I'll see once I find out what the Rom ships are and what they'd gain the most from.

What, loyalty to any side in THIS game? Hah!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If liberated Borg romulans aren't available at launch of the update then I might not make a romulan toon until they are but when I do I will go fed. On another note I believe that about maybe 4% of romulan players will be idiots who waste a character slot on only leveling to 10 and won't be considered important at all.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The one which doesn't involve supposedly the most devious and sneaky species in Star Trek becoming pathetic sellouts requiring aid from their former enemies.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It depends on how I feel about it when it comes to Holodeck (awaiting it on Redshirt), but the name I have come up for my future character makes me lean towards the Federation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Federomulans! Like the other 85% of the playerbase. Duh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well since I have no choice Klingons, but I am saying right now that I REFUSE to fire on another Romulan ship, if that means I have to peel out, evade and cloak to avoid the traitor so be it but I will not fire on my own people, no matter what Cryptic says and no matter how much my teammates yell and scream at me.

However you feds are still in my cross-hairs....even more so now that my people have been subjected to this humiliation.
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The alliance between factions that you are made to choose between at level ten is for Endgame(STF/fleet advancement events) and PvP. It hs no bearing on the story progression of the faction. This is a Full faction but you have the option to join either the Feds or the KDF on their side of the war.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tough choice. Do I side with the falsely smiling Federation who gives Romulans blankets, whiskey, and glass beads? Or the KDF, who will openly despise, berate, and assault Romulan refugees as weak, and pathetic subjects.

I will do neither, and perhaps someday there will be a Romulan playable faction. I wont hold my breath for it though.
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The alliance between factions that you are made to choose between at level ten is for Endgame(STF/fleet advancement events) and PvP.
    Which alone is the biggest problem right now.
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmmmmm... At the moment I'm leaning toward KDF mainly so I can help out my fleets' "less progressed" starbase. Though I'm not sure how well that fits in with my conception Romulans. I'll have to think on it.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • sturmjaegersturmjaeger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Probably Federation, cuz the Klingons are filthy brutes. :)
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Part of me will say "The Federation Council sat on their laurels and allowed my homeworld be destroyed." Then another part says "The Klingons are primitive brutes that hide behind a faux sense of honor." Hard to say though my Romulan Science officer my lend his/her talents to the Empire. I do wish it would be for the Romulan Republic alone though. Disappointed but know wholely upset about it.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd prefer to have it entirely be a Romulan side, and not go with either of the other two.

But that said, KDF for all of em for me. Because regardless of anything else, the KDF HAVE allied more than the Federation has. I mean, from the Romulan POV, the Federation is still one of their longest standing enemies, even before it was the Federation the Romulan Star Empire sought United Earth's/Coalition of Planet's downfall.

Besides, where was the Federation when Romulus and Remus was destroyed? Dealing with themselves, arguing about what to do. As much as I don't like Star Trek 09, at least Nero had the right mind to DO something.

On top of that, the Federation is still too wary of the Romulans, but so is the the KDF. But the KDF are much easier to infiltrate and take care of from the inside.

Plus, the KDF, unlike the Federation has, and uses cloaking technology and such. Including possible things they might've discovered that the Federation doesn't know.

(Though again, I'd prefer neither option)
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ill - with great pain - join whatever faction my fleet chooses (that would be fed) - to be able to play with them.

:/

on the other hand, let's see if i will create a Romulan toon at all...

will decide when we get more informations on the new ships and their stats, traits and so on.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hoping to get more feedback as i wanted a true romulan, not tied to fed or kdf faction. IF.. IF i have to ally myself for now with fed or kdf but later to be able to go make a real romulan fleet ect with my character and not have to soley help these 2 other factions, then ill most likely just join the fed side for now till I can "break my chains" and then go home to my romulan brothers and continue on as a true romulan.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jestersage wrote: »
    With the newest Ask Cryptic, we found out that Romulan is not a straightly "third side" but an ally to one of the side.

So in this case, would you ally with Klingons like TOS days, or ally with Starfleet?

I personally feel that I do not know... KDF, save for the lack of missions, actually have better DoFF missions, but I fear that everyone and their mother will pick Federation and make teh "war" even more lopsided. I would rather they just stay neutral and can swap back and forth as I feel like it - you know, actually like a Romulan.

Embarrasing, I admit, but I am terrible at PvP, and I hate losing to the KDF ... So I feel I need to help the Federation.. Plus most of Star Trek is about maintaining relations with the Federation, or rather protecting them.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Join the Klingon...I already have a Romulan on that side he's lonely.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fed and KDF...

One for each of the other factions
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas