test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost Era Romulan Warbirds

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Not sure if the team has made any Lost-Era ships for the new Romulan Expansion. But thought I share some I just drew on the spur of the moment:

Temproum-Class Warbird

Belavis and Verterax-Class Warbirds

I figured that the Romulans would refit the D7s they traded with the Klingons (during their alliance in the 2260s) and refitted them when they learned of the Federation refitting their Consitutions and the Klingon's introducing the K'T'inga-class Battlecruisers.

But eventually it didn't work out and they used that knowledge to create a true Romulan Warbird, the Belavis, which was further evolution of their ideas on the refitted Romulan D7s and supposed to keep them competitive against the new Federation Excelsior-class starships (as well as the K'T'inga, which proved to be superior than they anticipated).

As they learned of the Federation constructing the Ambassador-class, they introduced the Verterax-class. It's believed four of these ships participated in the Battle of Narendra III, where it shown to be slower in turning than the Ambassador, but the new Quantum Singularity drive kept it in the fight longer and eventually won.

Though it's victory over the Ambassador-class was regarded as a victory, the Romulan leaders felt that they need a superior starship, and that eventually lead to the D'Deridex project.

Well that's my take of the Lost Years of the Romulan designs. Though it really was designed on the spur-of-the-moment than really thought out, I trust you liked them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    all are excellent designs, nice work.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice work indeed. :cool:

I especially like the Verterax and Belavis classes, they look really cool.

The only thing i would change is the sphere bow of the temporum, i would have made it a bit more angular. I understand they are supposed to be refitted D7s but i think it would look much more romulan if it where a bit more angular shaped.
    Maybe if it had some kind of wedge shape, it would look good also, just a thought.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • balranbalran Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really like those, you can see a definite design evolution that leads to the modern warbirds.