test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Server Lives!!!!

startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
The Login Server is up and running
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Post edited by startrekker22 on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    Yes; it does. :)

As mentioned in the other thread, there was a network outage in our data center that caused all Cryptic games to come down. They are all back up now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • macaulay68macaulay68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it just me, but why did they close the thread on their failures to maintain their servers. Is this normal to just close a thread
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Because the issue is resolved?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes; it does. :)

As mentioned in the other thread, there was a network outage in our data center that caused all Cryptic games to come down. They are all back up now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Now if only Tribble wasn't locked with no warning...
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Damnit and the complaining was just getting started!
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited March 2013
    this bugged our fleet rostor all members online at server down time stil show logged in, but they are not..
  • macaulay68macaulay68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Indeed it is,
    edited March 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    Now if only Tribble wasn't locked with no warning...

It came down at same time all the Cryptic games did and had to be brought back up. It's up now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Server Lives!!!!
    maybe its just reanimated *smirk*
  • antrysantrys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Login Server is up and running

Yeah, but it's locking up. My internet connection is fine, but the game is unplayable besause of 1 frame every 2 seconds.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Server may be up, but I've been patching for 10 minutes or so and only have 50 megs downloaded, so something is a bit off.
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    Server may be up, but I've been patching for 10 minutes or so and only have 50 megs downloaded, so something is a bit off.

And in an Elite STF (Conduit) we're experiencing freezes and frame rates of 1 per 30 seconds. Not happy with the release so far...
    edited March 2013
    towdog wrote: »
    And in an Elite STF (Conduit) we're experiencing freezes and frame rates of 1 per 30 seconds. Not happy with the release so far...

This is due to a bug with players who saucer separate, launch pets like the Aquarius or Bortasqu' BoP, or even MVAM. The team is working on a fix.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Super, now there are folks sitting in sol system with saucer separated and causing massive slowdowns. I can't even log the character out its so bad, short of just killing the game from the task manager.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pwebranflakes

i wanted to thank you, as yesterday's patch solved the lag problem for me.

the game was nearly unplayable in the evening hours for me, every day for the last month, after the patch there was almost no lag at all!

so thanx!
  • niussussniussuss Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you speak too quickly. My Fleeties and I just had to quit an Elite STF we were rockin because our framerate dropped to nothing.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    YA there is no joy in Mudville tonight, whatever has been going on is resulting in random drops in frame rate and weird behavior and disconnects, this latest batch of server stability adjustments seems to be doing the opposite on our end of things.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "The Server Lives!!!"?

Well.........sorta.
    Another funny quote, this one from the patch notes: "General server stability improvements"
    Not from this angle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My new favorite lag....beaming down to New Romulus, and watching in horror my BO's and other players beaming down without bodies, or HEADS!!:eek:

OH GOD THE HORROR!!!!! Dr. Mccoy was right!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • fonoi1fonoi1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one who still cannot login yet? I just get "timed out connecting to the account servers"
  • imthe13thdoctorimthe13thdoctor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I can get in.

However, ever since your last Server fiasco I cannot alter my uniform at a tailor with the character I was on at the time. :mad:
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Our fleet roster is stuck and won't update from the disconnect last night. Even this morning its still showing everyone on that was on last night.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's down again. Maybe it is time for a hardware upgrade Cryptic.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "General server stability improvements" and they just had to do this before a holiday weekend.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Brandon has already posted on this. They believe it's a bug with the Saucer Separation and and the like. Every time someone does a Saucer Sep it's causing problems with the server. They're working on a fix right now and hope to have it out ASAP.

I think it's a code branch error, as Geko was recently talking on Twitter about new changes to Saucer Sep. I think some of the upcoming tech slipped into the new build by accident.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • nightsistersnightsisters Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Imagine if half a dozen bored player's seperated their ship's around Earth at the sametime....oh wait probably already happened..

Wow this bug can be used as a form of griefing then?

Feel like being a total jerk? ..you know what to do..make everybody life miserable.

EDIT: This thread no longer serves a purpose and the conversation can be continued here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597831 -Brandon
This discussion has been closed.