test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defeated Changeling Item

thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Federation Discussion
Last week I completed a Bajor quest that gave me the item "Defeated Changeling." Now, I did what the info said, but my security chief has no missions for it. I checked online and it seems the items was "supposed" to vanish since the April 2012 patch. Now, if that is the case, why I still have it? A glitch, or am I still supposed to do something with it? I have checked on the 'net for a week but no helpful results.
Thanks.
Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
Post edited by thehidden on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Go see a Security Guard on any Fed. starbase.

They will have the DOff mission for it.

(The same one that gives the Turn In Contraband missions)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you! Got to the one on DS9. Wonder why the onboard bridge security would not give it, but glad it is finally done.
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can't turn over a defeated changling to your own security officer because the changling is already in his custody. :P
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just a question, doing the bajor mission is the only way to get that changeling item?
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • redcardinaliredcardinali Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can obtain a defeated changeling in the New Link Episode. That's possibly the "Bajor quest" referred to above by thehidden :-)
  • airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    You can't turn over a defeated changling to your own security officer because the changling is already in his custody. :P

In the description for the item, it tells you to go to your bridge and talk to your ships security officer to get the doff mission to transfer custody of the changeling.
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm playing through on Klingon this time and received a defeated changeling from the mission called "The New Link". I haven't had the opportunity to turn it in to the Security Officer because I was busy doing other missions and forgot.

Well, I just finished "Of Bajor", did NOT do the changeling holo-battle, but noticed that my changeling is gone. I noticed when I went to the Security guy of all places, it was just in my inventory a few hours earlier.

I had tried earlier to put it into my bank, but it would not leave my inventory, it was stuck. This didn't happen on my SF playthrough.
  • captainretsetcaptainretset Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't fret about it being gone - all you get for it is 200DL