test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Daily for Omega Marks

devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Federation Discussion
This may have been mentioned in the past but I would like to see a Borg Space daily, similar to the Romulan daily, that would award omega marks. The new daily wouldn't have to award as many marks as the Romulan one, which gives 60 marks I believe.

I would just like another way to grind Omega marks (in space) while avoiding STF?s. The Borg red alert is too infrequent, gives low omega marks and is failure prone.

Now, if things are working as intended, just ignore this post.:)

Thanks for listening.
Post edited by devocut on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    60 Omega Marks awarded for doing 5 missions similar to the ones in the Tau Dewa sector would be perfect.
  • Options
    soeixsoeix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah i guess it wouldnt hurt.

That being said, I would like to be able to run STF's to get ~100 romulan marks just like i can with omega.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to see sort of a bounty on Borg. Getting marks per Borg ship destroyed or mission involving Borg completed; regardless of where you ran into it. So you could earn a few marks just by exploring the B'tran cluster, or fighting in Kerrat.

Sure, some people would probably just sit and farm Borg all day; but how is that different from grinding STFs all the time? It's a time sink either way.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We need Omega epoh tagging.

Perhaps tagging borg infected animals?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Omega marks could be added to the Exploration missions in Borg space, or they could actually get off their lazy butts and create some new end game Borg/Undine content story arcs that would have Omega marks as mission rewards, sort of like on Nukara all the Tholian repeatables give Fleet Marks.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tribble of Borg tagging plz.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why? There are a ton of different ways to get Omega marks, from Defera Invasion zone to STFs. You can generate Omega marks much, MUCH faster than Romulan marks by far. Learn how to do elite STFs and you'll be ROLLING in Omega marks. Even just doing Infected and Khitomer space, you'll have plenty of marks for all your needs. Plus you need BNPs for the Mk 12 stuff anyway, so go do the elites and be done with it.

A daily for Omega is unnecessary.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With the queue system in place, all those star systems in Gamma Orionis sit useless. A patrol like Tau Dewa has would be great.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »
    Why? There are a ton of different ways to get Omega marks, from Defera Invasion zone to STFs. You can generate Omega marks much, MUCH faster than Romulan marks by far. Learn how to do elite STFs and you'll be ROLLING in Omega marks. Even just doing Infected and Khitomer space, you'll have plenty of marks for all your needs. Plus you need BNPs for the Mk 12 stuff anyway, so go do the elites and be done with it.

wile this is true most of us have done the STFs and invasion zones so much before the addition of the omega rep that they are mind numbingly boring
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    60 Omega Marks awarded for doing 5 missions similar to the ones in the Tau Dewa sector would be perfect.

Implementing something like this for Gamma Orionis seems painfully obvious. I came into the game in S6, and I have only ever experienced GO sector as "the space I fly through to reach the B'Tran Cluster."
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »

While I agree that getting Omega Marks are really easy to get (500-600 minimum for the original 6 on Elite - which, incidentally, will also give 7k minimum Dil), for me the simple answer to the question 'why?' is simply that the sector block is 'there' and it's supposed to be the site of borg front line. In the old days, you had to go there to do STF's, now, that's not the case so I fully agree with the idea that it should be a place to get omega marks - if for no other reason than to decrease the number of people who have no idea what they're doing joing the Elite STF queues. It may also awaken people to the fact that Terradome even exists...

A patrol mission similar to the Tau Dewa sounds like a perfect solution and if they threw in an accolade or two and a small (480?) dilithium or Mk XII [Borg] gear reward, you would definately see me there.
  • Options
    littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    a small amount for re-playing the content missions would be more interesting.
    the stfs are soooooo boring in the meantime.

other ways to get marks would make the grind festival less boring ;)
    "Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    devocut wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned in the past but I would like to see a Borg Space daily, similar to the Romulan daily, that would award omega marks. The new daily wouldn't have to award as many marks as the Romulan one, which gives 60 marks I believe.

I would just like another way to grind Omega marks (in space) while avoiding STF?s. The Borg red alert is too infrequent, gives low omega marks and is failure prone.

Thanks for listening.

That what the Sector space Borg Red Alerts are (each has a 20 hour cooldown and awards 10 OM and 480 Dil per successful completion.)

[Now if only they's fix the Red Alert system itself so you wouldn't end up warping into an empty instance 9 out of 10 times...]
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why not make it a daily where if you complete ALL 6 of the originals (maybe Hive as well), you get the wrapper reward? This would presumably include Omega Marks, Dil, and maybe Fleet marks too (maybe not).

This might encourage more people to do the more unpopular/ground missions more regularly, especially if there is an accolade for doing the wrapper 15/35/70 times.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    devocut wrote: »

Thanks for listening.

Let's face reality: Omega marks come from deferi and STF.

Asking for daily space missions simply because you're too lazy for a 15-20 minutes STF that is just plain wrong.

Perform well in elite and you get 90-100 Omega. Unnecessary to add more Omega space missions.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With all of the problems of AFkers, early leavers, incompetents and arrogant leets hassling people, STFs are not really that attractive, a 5 or 6 system patrol daily would be a big plus.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    glados122glados122 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Let's face reality: Omega marks come from deferi and STF.

Asking for daily space missions simply because you're too lazy for a 15-20 minutes STF that is just plain wrong.

Perform well in elite and you get 90-100 Omega. Unnecessary to add more Omega space missions.

A Deferi mission also rewards a anti Borg or Borg Prosthesis weapon. Mostly a hard mission.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    glados122 wrote: »
    A Deferi mission also rewards a anti Borg or Borg Prosthesis weapon. Mostly a hard mission.

That's a nice goodie too. Only used one though on my Borg Boff.
    Plasma weapon, not the best but fun.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    questerius wrote: »

Do you know me personally? I don?t think you do.

My work ethic has nothing to do with my suggestion and everything to do with avoiding the caustic and obnoxious attitudes that have been known to inhabit STF?s.

A good example of this attitude is the type of player that writes a derogatory assumption about a person without actually knowing him.
  • Options
    vactuskasunvactuskasun Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm more worried about Rom marks and that's because it's so painful to get them. I haven't done Epohh tagging, so I can't comment on that, but every other way to get those marks sucks. Azura is terrible for < 30 marks and Mine usually ~30 marks. New Romulus is pretty, but running all over the damn place for hours for the little objectives is terribad.

It'd be nice to have patrols for Omega as well though. Sometimes all my Stfs are on cooldown, so I have to wait to get more. SO MANY MARKS REQUIRED!!!!
  • Options
    adeonhawkwoodadeonhawkwood Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally I find that Epohh tagging is the best source of marks. It takes some time to build up steam but assuming you do the tagging every day with a team (so that you get the full four tags) you can sell an Elder Epohh (worth several hundred marks) every few days. The worst case is every 5 days but if you use a decent DOff to do the research I find you can get about one Epohh every 3 days on average. The problem with it is there's a time delay, doing the tagging today gives you marks 4 to 8 days later.

The Sector Patrol and Radiation Scan missions are also good marks/time (70 marks for completing both missions plus I normally get ~150 radiation reports which if you save up until you have 300 basically means 30 marks every two days).

The Romulan ground missions, however, I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot laser-pole. The rewards/time are just not worth it.

Comparing Omega and Romulan marks I would say that Romulan marks require considerably less effort than Omega marks but are more gated in terms of calendar time.
  • Options
    exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can I ask the third stupidest question ever?

What's the Deferia Borg mission, and how do I get it? I go there and the only daily events I see are rescuing Defari citizens from the Breen, re-takng a dilithium mining station from the Breen, and saving an outpost... from the Breen. Nothing about the Borg anywhere =(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    exsteele wrote: »
    Can I ask the third stupidest question ever?

What's the Deferia Borg mission, and how do I get it? I go there and the only daily events I see are rescuing Defari citizens from the Breen, re-takng a dilithium mining station from the Breen, and saving an outpost... from the Breen. Nothing about the Borg anywhere =(

Go to defera and beam down to defera defense zone. Talk to various people and you'll find missions.