test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg

trzousugtrzousug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I play a borg char, I want to fly a borg ship, not a norm ship with assimilated equipment, a proper borg ship.. let me :(

I also want to adapt to enemy fire just like the borg you fight :(

does not mean you are invincable but be cool :D
Post edited by trzousug on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    there is no borg faction so you cannot play as a true borg.
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it were to happen, we certainly wouldn't have cubes. Too big and too powerful. Spheres and probes might be feasible, and they'd most likely have universal consoles for flexibility.

I don't think we'd get a Borg faction, though. We're more likely to get a Ferengi or Cardassian faction, imo.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Borg worked in Starfleet Command 3 but they had no shields, just regenerating hulls and systems, this game seems a bit lacking as far as systems go.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bierstein wrote: »
    Borg worked in Starfleet Command 3 but they had no shields, just regenerating hulls and systems, this game seems a bit lacking as far as systems go.

I must have missed the part where everything from every other Trek game ever must be included in STO.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How do you know that even the "proper Borg ships" weren't also assimilated?
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you actually played a proper Borg character on a proper Borg ship, YOU wouldn't be in control of anything.
    You'd be the drone in the bowels of the ship who's job it is to stand in an alcove for half a day, stick it's arm implant into the Borg coffee machine to make it work, ignore intruders and then be the one who gets shot so the other drones can adapt.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lizwei wrote: »
    If you actually played a proper Borg character on a proper Borg ship, YOU wouldn't be in control of anything.
    You'd be the drone in the bowels of the ship who's job it is to stand in an alcove for half a day, stick it's arm implant into the Borg coffee machine to make it work, ignore intruders and then be the one who gets shot so the other drones can adapt.

Pretty much this.

Made me lol ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I must have missed the part where everything from every other Trek game ever must be included in STO.

Never said it did, was simply pointing it out based on travelingmasters response. Personally I have no stance either way on playable Borg.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trzousug wrote: »
    I play a borg char, I want to fly a borg ship, not a norm ship with assimilated equipment, a proper borg ship.. let me :(

You're NOT playing a Borg, you're playing someone who used to be a Borg and got liberated. You escaped the horror of the hive. You are free and in control of yourself again. You got all the things back the Borg took from you.... :D
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    You're NOT playing a Borg, you're playing someone who used to be a Borg and got liberated. You escaped the horror of the hive. You are free and in control of yourself again. You got all the things back the Borg took from you.... :D

Excepting skin care or course.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »

I dunno I'm actually coming around to the idea of playable borg. You log in receive orders, and proceed to spend all day repairing damaged drones while getting shot to death by starfleet players.
  • Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The first thing I always see is you would never be in control of your ship. What about Locust and 7 of 9 two Borg which were given command of a ship. Remember the Borg that were liberated by Voyager? I would really love to know more about them and expand there story and that's my point for stating that it is possible to have a Borg faction. If you use the Borg that were liberated by Voyager as a starting to point then it is completely possible to be able to play as a Borg character.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    The first thing I always see is you would never be in control of your ship. What about Locust and 7 of 9 two Borg which were given command of a ship. Remember the Borg that were liberated by Voyager? I would really love to know more about them and expand there story and that's my point for stating that it is possible to have a Borg faction. If you use the Borg that were liberated by Voyager as a starting to point then it is completely possible to be able to play as a Borg character.

Seven never commanded a Borg ship. Locutus was a spokesman for the Borg, and strategist because he knew all of Picard's and the Federation's tactics. He was not "in control", in case you didn't notice the Borg cube trundled on quite happily without him.

Also, Unimatrix Zero never happened.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Seven never commanded a Borg ship. Locutus was a spokesman for the Borg, and strategist because he knew all of Picard's and the Federation's tactics. He was not "in control", in case you didn't notice the Borg cube trundled on quite happily without him.

Also, Unimatrix Zero never happened.

Unimatrix Zero was gone, but the drones themselves had survived. It is unknown if any of those drones did succeed, although Korok promised to stay in contact with USS Voyager.

Care to talk more about this or you just going to argue without facts.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

No. It was a terrible episode that contradicts a vast amount of things and makes no sense.
    Threshold fits in better than UZ.

Just as a random example... the Borg queen wants information a drone knows. Therefore.. she disconnects him from the hive and asks him verbally.
    I'm sorry, Queenie? Aren't you the Borg? Wouldn't you know what he knows? Unimatrix Zero wouldn't shield him when he's CONNECTED TO YOU.

Oh yeah, then there's the bit where the Borg Queen tries to blackmail Janeway by blowing up *her own cubes* and is actually SURPRISED when Janeway laughs in her face and tells her she can blow them all up for all she cares.

It never happened. Continue to argue that it did if you like, I don't care.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No. It was a terrible episode that contradicts a vast amount of things and makes no sense.
    Threshold fits in better than UZ.

Just as a random example... the Borg queen wants information a drone knows. Therefore.. she disconnects him from the hive and asks him verbally.
    I'm sorry, Queenie? Aren't you the Borg? Wouldn't you know what he knows? Unimatrix Zero wouldn't shield him when he's CONNECTED TO YOU.

Oh yeah, then there's the bit where the Borg Queen tries to blackmail Janeway by blowing up *her own cubes* and is actually SURPRISED when Janeway laughs in her face and tells her she can blow them all up for all she cares.

It never happened. Continue to argue that it did if you like, I don't care.

I also like to point out in Armada Locust controlled an Armada towards Earth yes that counts as soft canon. You just don't like the idea of playable Borg but that doesn't mean it won't happen because PWE is not going to skip over the chance of making money on that faction because of how many people like the Borg. You're also one of those people who probably hated Voyager and that's probably why you don't agree with me at all. It did happen and its possible route for the developers to take for a storyline.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I also like to point out in Armada Locust controlled an Armada towards Earth yes that counts as soft canon. You just don't like the idea of playable Borg but that doesn't mean it won't happen because PWE is not going to skip over the chance of making money on that faction because of how many people like the Borg. You also one of those people who probably hated Voyager and that's probably why you don't agree with me at all. It did happen and its possible route for the developers to take for a storyline.

It counts as no canon as far as STO is concerned.
    Furthermore, the average Borg drone is not Locutus (stop saying Locust -_-), the average Borg drone is a Borg drone.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It counts as no canon as far as STO is concerned.
    Furthermore, the average Borg drone is not Locutus (stop saying Locust -_-), the average Borg drone is a Borg drone.

Oh sorry for typing this out on my cellphone and having auto-correct destroy my sentences in the process. STO is tied into everything from the TV shows maybe you should make a new character and play through it again and you will realize some stuff is linked to the TV shows. Lt Paris daughter ring a bell or no?
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh sorry for typing this out on my cellphone and having auto-correct destroy my sentences in the process. STO is tied into everything from the TV shows maybe you should make a new character and play through it again and you will realize some stuff is linked to the TV shows. Lt Paris daughter ring a bell or no?
    All on screen Stuff is Canon (as in, it really counts for future Trek material). Nothing off screen is Canon (as it, it doesn't count for future Trek material).

Armada is not canon, and thus whatever they had Locutus doesn't count for STO. Borg Drones are just that: Drones (aka cogs, serfs, grunts, tools, etc). None of them directly control anything, but each does contribute to the consensus of the Borg. The best you might be able to do a possible Borg Faction is vote on whether or not your ship should go do something (amid 100k to 200k other RNG votes the system will make on behalf of the rest of the drones on your ship).
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trzousug wrote: »

CBS said no to that. Borg ships are too dated at this point anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could do without Borg ships for my liberated borg character, but borgified interiors would be great.

As far as a playable Borg faction goes, there is absolutely no way we will get a playable Borg Collective faction. There is the Borg Cooperative from Voyager and Hugh's group from TNG that have enough individuality to make a playable faction possible. There is also the fact that we destroyed the Borg Queen in the last Borg STF so that could cause the Borg Collective to fracture into multiple Borg factions. You still have the classic Borg that try to assimilate everything, but there could be factions that are trying to make amends and other factions that just want to be left in peace or create their own empire.

Voyager humanized the Borg with Seven of Nine, the Borg Cooperative, the Borg children, and Unimatrix Zero, but TNG started it with Hugh. At the start, they were a bunch of space zombies where a phaser shotgun is the best way to deal with them, but now they are victims that need saving. If the Borg stayed as space zombies, then there would be no point to a playable Borg faction.
  • Options
    jonnyreloadjonnyreload Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    CBS said no to that. Borg ships are too dated at this point anyways.

The Borg adapt....? Their literal existence is to NOT be outdated. Ya know, the whole assimilating thingie, but on the otherhand we never got to see what the Borg would be like down the road if they do keep assimilating stuff.... I mean eventually in order to adapt, you would have to change things to the ships. If they were gonna do this, they'd definitely need to work A LOT on just the natural concept of evolution itself within the Borg, adapting technologies, and the progression of ship design due to said technologies.

In short, the original poster would have had better chances asking Cryptic for a Pony instead of The Borg.
    Fell free to drop me a line for anything! @jonnyreload :biggrin:
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Borg adapt....? Their literal existence is to NOT be outdated.
    Tell that to CBS. They're the ones that keep saying no to stuff that's old and outdated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tell that to CBS. They're the ones that keep saying no to stuff that's old and outdated.
    Is that why we have all of the odd-looking chrome borg instead of the black ones?

as for a borg faction....I don't see it coming. First of all there is the obviosu fact that borg vubes are just too darn huge, secondly, they are really, really slow. Slower than cruisers. I don't imagine they would be very fun to paly as. Lastly, Liberated Borg are already a perk of buying lifetime (one of the main ones), I can't imagine Cryptic treading all over their Lifetime members like that.