test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reality Check: Legacy of Romulus

originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I want to start by saying that I am thrilled for this update and everything it will bring, which will be a large amount of content.

This is not a negative post, but just something that I think most people need to hear to prevent a little bit of the inevitable whining when LoR is released, because I see a large number of posts that insinuate or say outright that Romulans [and/or KDF] are going to have unique story content from 1-50

The Romulans and KDF are going to have some unique story missions of their own, including tutorials and probably 1 or 2 episode series (like the KDF already do), but most of the missions you'll be playing from 1-50 are going to be generic, faction non-specific missions. This was mentioned when they first announced 1-50 for KDF and Romulans through the big reveal.

Once again, still excited. Romulans have always been my favorite star trek antagonists. I will pay up to get it all, even if I'm just getting all the same stuff I have, but in green!
Post edited by originpi on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be honest, they've told us almost nothing about anything in regard to how any of it will play out. The Reality Check needs to go far beyond just the 1-50. They've told us almost nothing about LoR.

Go to the page. Look for any specifics. Look for some generics. That's all they've told us.

Look at all the posts.

Yep, the Reality Check that needs to be done is pretty huge. Excitement is one thing, no doubt - but c'mon... until we see the info trickle out over the next (well, just under) two months - folks are just speculating with reckless abandon in general. That kind of hype can easily lead to all sorts of disappointment.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everything rests upon a single sentence on the LoR site.
    Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.

Without more info (Ask Cryptic/Dev blog/3am stahl post) it could be the case that the community have put the cart ahead of the horse as regards to what form the Klingon early levels will take. The LoR site does say
    new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view
    , but not how many. ^^
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    Everything rests upon a single sentence on the LoR site.

Without more info (Ask Cryptic/Dev blog/3am stahl post) it could be the case that the community have put the cart ahead of the horse as regards to what form the Klingon early levels will take. The LoR site does say , but not how many. ^^

Given what happened with the KDF when that didn't have enough content for 5 - 50, I'd definitely say around 25-30 missions with the 20 FEs rewritten from a Romulan PoV as well.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is possible, still its better then no romulans.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's what I am expecting:

20 Romulan Mission
    A new "event" that can be used by the Roms to grind XP to fill leveling needs due to only having 20 missions.
    Roms will get access to FEs at appropriate levels
    Roms will have access to STFs

The KDF will get a Tutorial
    I am expecting the same new "event" to be usable by the KDF to help get them XP in the lower levels - though the foes might be slightly different.

A new FE that can be played by all 3 Factions.
    New Rom zone Dailies that can be played by all 3 Factions.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    This is possible, still its better then no romulans.

This I've been waiting for roms and had actually left the game about 3 months ago or so but finding myself here more and more as the days go by.
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    originpi wrote: »
    The Romulans and KDF are going to have some unique story missions of their own, including tutorials and probably 1 or 2 episode series (like the KDF already do), but most of the missions you'll be playing from 1-50 are going to be generic, faction non-specific missions. This was mentioned when they first announced 1-50 for KDF and Romulans through the big reveal.

And where do you get this info. Cause I would like to think I have been following this pretty well from the announcement on, but I have heard NOTHING about mission content one way or another.

I think your Reality Check needs a fact check. They have released no information other then you can be a Romulan and start from Level 1. How you get to 50 from there has not been said or revealed. It is all fan based speculation. Some are optimistic, some are more pessimistic. Both are far from being official.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All of this sounds extremely plausible. The general idea is to complain now, and be quite exhausted and empty for the actual release. Sadly not all will follow this procedure, so that is the problem right there.

This is of course solved by being too busy to check back on the inevitable chain of events that will unfold, pretty much as described, here on these exalted forums. At least initially. The cup will no doubt be filled for another round after the party is over. ;)

---

• startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We will be getting lots of dev blogs over the coming weeks, until then its all guesswork as this is the biggest update, indeed they say expansion since PWE took over and since they hired more people, in effect it was stated they've more than doubled staffing levels and now is about the right time for all this to come together.

Until we get more information we're simply speculating on what we have now and what happened quite sometime in the past, and those that know cannot say anything until after the official release of information.

So yes, I am most hopeful now than since the release of STO 3 years ago, but trying to keep it within the lower end of expectations.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, the new faction has already exceeded some of my expectations, so I'm cautiously optomistic.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg