test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More familiar faces plz...

codius1988codius1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hey there creators and game masters....;)

I like the game so far... but I am yet to see some of the more familiar faces of the series. Spock and Miral Paris is a good show, But can I ask for say... Picard or Janeway? Would like them to say, visit a ship in their honour [especially Picard]

Admiral Will Riker's presence would be a boon too... and perhaps remnants of Nero's ship drifting back to the game here... with some loot

Please drop a reply soon. Thanks for your time taking my suggestions.
Post edited by codius1988 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The actors own the rights to their images. Special permission, generally involving dollars changing hands, are required before someone's image can be used in the game.

Dan once joked that he was going to put a $250,000.00 item in the C-Store so that someone would buy it and then they could get the rights to add Spiner's Data to the game. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • codius1988codius1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The actors own the rights to their images. Special permission, generally involving dollars changing hands, are required before someone's image can be used in the game.

Dan once joked that he was going to put a $250,000.00 item in the C-Store so that someone would buy it and then they could get the rights to add Spiner's Data to the game. :)

I suggest the expansive C-store Item be some remnants of Captian Nero's Ship [from the reimagined movie]...
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    that's even less likely, STO cannot use things from the JJ trek films because their license only covers the Prime universe, Pre-JJ stuff.
  • codius1988codius1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    someone come up with Ideas...
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Restore Romulus token (puts Romulus back)

Delete Borg Token (removes ALL Borg from the game on your own character (single unlock) )

Either of those would be worth a million plus zen
    Live long and Prosper
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    that's even less likely, STO cannot use things from the JJ trek films because their license only covers the Prime universe, Pre-JJ stuff.

They can and have negotiated separate licenses for additional material outside the original agreement. "Have" being the Vesta. If they felt it was healthy for the game and within their budget, I'm sure Cryptic could negotiate another deal to add in the JJ or Ships of the Line stuff if they wished.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Michael Dorn has done a fair deal of voice over work post-Star Trek, including for several other Trek games. I wonder why they haven't been able to get him to do Worf yet?

I was never a huge Voyager fan, but I could totally buy Janeway as the head of Starfleet 30+ years in the future. Sort of Star Trek's Iron Lady. Maybe if they ever do a Delta Quadrant expansion (and that does seem inevitable), they can get her.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nero's ship is frmo the prime universe. And the game starts off explaining the movie's premise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Dan should probably look into Kickstarter. There's probably enough people with disposable incomes that they'd be able to raise the funds necessary to bring in previous Trek actors.