test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open bridge position but...

princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
after I bought a bridge officer, it said there wasn't any room on my ship for the officer. There's a tactical bridge office slot open and the officer is a tactical officer...

What's going on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by princedimwit on

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You have limited bridge officer slots, independent of the stations on your ship. For a silver account, it's low enough that you can't have a full dedicated space and ground team without buying slots, you'd have to use most of the same ones.
  • princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yabut...open station?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do you have other bridge officers waiting to be accepted as active officers? If so you may be at the cap for that "inventory" as well and need to get rid of one or level up until another slot is opened.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    no, if that's full, they get added to your personal inventory automatically
    yabut...open station?
    your ship's stations have nothing to do with this, your character is only allotted so many bridge officers. You should have just enough boffs to man every station though.
    How many boffs do you have?
    What's your rank?
    What ship are you trying to equip?
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Even though you have an open station on the ship you have a limited number of Bridge officer slots. The two do not balance out in the early stages of the game, without purchasing extra slots from the z store. By the time you reach level 50 the two will equal for the majority of ships.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1335/boffstations.png

On the above picture, you can see a Open bridge officer slot at the bottom of the list to the left of the dialouge (The grey spot below all the blue spots)

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4397/stbev.jpg

And in this picture, you can see a filled out BO slot series, with no space for new ones.

If the latter is the case, you need to either buy new slots from the C-Store, or go Gold so that you will get more slots.

Hope this helps
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've never encountered this problem myself, but then I fire my common level Boffs at the earliest opportunity.
    New slots open up as you advance in rank, but in the mean time you're going to have to sack any boffs you don't need to make room for the ones you do, unless as stated above, you buy additional boff slots for the character from the C-Store, but be aware its a single character unlock, not account wide.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited March 2013
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ya you don't have enough free slots, you're either gonna have to sack your second science officer (Sasure) or wait and tough it out until you hit the next level. Or buy a couple slots from the C-Store.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, look on the left, you have no open bridge officer slots. If you did, you'd have a grayed out (No Officer) slot at the bottom. You'll be forced to either buy slots or dismiss the extra science officer to make room.
    edited March 2013
    Ah.

Okay then. I'll just wait for my next ship. Hang on ti him until then, yes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you get more BOff slots as you level( i. e. you get a new ship). As VA (50) you'll have 6 slots as a f2p.
    If you dont want one of your current assigned BOffs you can dismiss him. To do so select the one you dont want, click on "carreer optons" at the bottom of the screen and select "dismiss", confirm it with his name and "accept".