What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bye bye KDF

Comments

• Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thats funny cause I have not even BEEN to subforums.... not in aaages...

and as a matter of fact, I don't even HAVE a Klingon. I am Fed but I do am a champion of the rights of ALL faction to have equal amount of content.

Please lie a little bit more. I find it amusing.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590041

What do you call that, petaQ? Nearly identical thread in the Klingon Gameplay subforum.

You're stirring the pot and poking the embers.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013

What do you call that, petaQ? Nearly identical thread in the Klingon Gameplay subforum.

1. I agree about the trolling

2. I agree this is going to gut the KDF without more end game gear and shinnies to get.

ability to start at lvl 1 is a joke really when you do it NOW - instead of 3 years ago.

To my fellow KDF players - if you think adding the ability to start a toon at lvl 1 - being made availible at the same time as a Brand new faction with boatloads of new shinnies and brand new content - is a big win?? Give your heads a shake!

New tutorial and starting at level 1 will be lost and left behind in the wake of the romulan content/shinnies juggernuat.

This would only have been a positive if done - BEFORE starting this new faction - now it's just a waste.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and as a matter of fact, I don't even HAVE a Klingon. I am Fed but I do am a champion of the rights of ALL faction to have equal amount of content.
    You should. It could be enlightening.
    I do, and the situation is not as grim as you seem to think. Klingons lack a lot of things (off duty costumes, c store costumes, some ships, low lvl missions...), but it's not so bad. With the addition of 1-20 lvl content, one of the biggest problem with this faction will simply vanish.

Also, we don't know if this new content will be good or bad. Doom topic about it is premature.

Before doing the White Knight, you may want to have your facts straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    You should. It could be enlightening.
    I do, and the situation is not as grim as you seem to think. Klingons lack a lot of things (off duty costumes, c store costumes, some ships, low lvl missions...), but it's not so bad. With the addition of 1-20 lvl content, one of the biggest problem with this faction will simply vanish.

Also, we don't know if this new content will be good or bad. Doom topic about it is premature.

Before doing the White Knight, you may want to have your facts straight.

I had a level 50 Klingon, but thing was so screwed up a year ago when I had it that I deleted it and went Fed instead. and I did level mine back when it was PVP only, so yeah, i done the time.... never got the rewards though....
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I could honestly care less about the fleet actions...
    To be fair, Fleet Actions are now a much larger part of the end-game due to the change in how fleet marks are acquired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013

you mean the Klingon gameplay forum. thats considered a SUBforum. No wonder Klingons gets shafted. They are SUBfaction.
    Get my drift? or need an linguist?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you mean the Klingon gameplay forum. thats considered a SUBforum. No wonder Klingons gets shafted. They are SUBfaction.

Fed's have one too? :confused:

(and romulans will eventually....)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    GTFO of the KDF forums. Stir **** somewhere else.

why don't you make me, keyboard warrior....
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh and my proof?
    easy.....

How many times have we been promised stuff and gotten jack for it?
    anyone still listens to Dstahl?

Consider how much KDF has been promised and how little been delivered and now the workforce is going to be split even more, its not very hard to realise that those who had little, gets less.

That and the false promises from Dstahl is all the proof I need.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013

That's a good comeback - weak - but good. We all still know the angle.

Good question - how is something in the forums classed as a Sub-forum?

there are 6 main sections - this could then be called the "sub-forum" of the main "information and disscusion" Forum?
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edited out
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Fine you fanbois of Dstahl.

I will ask you this. in a years time if it shows that indeed I was right and we get less for Klingons, and the time is spent more on Romulan and Fed content, will you then concede that I was right and then my question is, what you you going to do then?

I am absolutely sure that the same people who call me troll would wait 5 years for scraps from the FED tables and they would spin a scrappy ship into being the next coming of Kahless. Instead of seeing what it is. scraps.

In a years time when Klingon still have not received the attention it deserves and many of the promises given, then will you protest? or shut yer yap like the good fanbois you are.

I for one dare to speak yp and I dare to have an opinion. I am not a lapdog like the rest of the "yes men".
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Troll, troll, troll your boat. Gently down the stream. Faily, Faily, Fail, life is but a trollfest... I applaud you for turning the best piece of news we've gotten yet into a nightmare. KDF will be fine since Rommies will get lots of missions that will have a KDF twist to them. Go cry elsewhere please.

and this coming from a guy who has Romulan warbird as his singature. kudos for posting in Klingon section.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That's a good comeback - weak - but good. We all still know the angle.

Good question - how is something in the forums classed as a Sub-forum?

there are 6 main sections - this could then be called the "sub-forum" of the main "information and disscusion" Forum?

I know, weak comeback but heck, i been up for 40 hrs....
    can't be on my toes so I try to make bad jokes.

as to the original purpose of this post...it is to call attention to the Klingons. and to make damned sure Cryptic wont fubar Romulans like they done Klingons.

It is put up or shut up time for Cryptic. and so far their promises has not been golden.
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and this coming from a guy who has Romulan warbird as his singature. kudos for posting in Klingon section.

And with that its time to call this thread dead for the purposes of meaningful discussion...it kinda stopped being viable when that guy was being racist about the word "flota" but only now it is truly dead.ts
    Glad the other factions are getting rounded btw!

Lets hope its the start offun FvKvR! Wooot!
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Show me your evidence.

The evidence comes from KDF asking for completion of their faction for the last 3 years and being pretty much ignored and swept under the carpet for that duration. Evidence enough really...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh and my proof?
    easy.....

How many times have we been promised stuff and gotten jack for it?
    anyone still listens to Dstahl?

Consider how much KDF has been promised and how little been delivered and now the workforce is going to be split even more, its not very hard to realise that those who had little, gets less.

That and the false promises from Dstahl is all the proof I need.

That's not proof that's history and assumptions.
    Just like you don't make a forecast by saying it rained "yesterday, so it must rain tomorrow"...
    I know the history of this faction, been here for over 3 years.

So where's your proof?
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2013
    Interesting how you all jump down this posters throat when actually he does have a valid point considering Cryptics History with KDF. You all seem far too quick to forget their disgrace.

The allowing people to start KDF at lvl1 is good, but doesn't make up for all their past lies and mistakes, not by a long shot. And I bet you will start seeing the excuses that "Romulans need attention so KDF get shafted." Mark those words. I expect nothing from Cryptic regarding KDF and never will.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Show me your evidence.

You are either new or incredibly naive.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just like you don't make a forecast by saying it rained "yesterday, so it must rain tomorrow"...

So where's your proof?

Historical precedents be damned, eh?

Interesting thing about some gamers, they a are bit like dogs. No matter how many times it's abused, they will still defend their master w/ blind devotion.

This is Startrek, so lets look at a simple logical deduction of the facts.

-Cryptic has publicly stated the Klingons don't get worked on because they don't make (as much) money.
    -the new Romulan faction is going to be a big selling point going forward (ie their cash cow); it probably won't bring in a lot of new gamers; instead it will be about getting current players to spend money on gearing out a new alt... needless to say, they will spend a lot of development time here squeezing that orange
    -the majority of the playerbase will still be Federation; they won't be ignored or marginalized
    -it's safe to assume that the Klingon population is more dissatisfied than the Feds, thus they will likely suffer a higher % of turnover to the Romulans; even further shrinking their population share
    -there only only so many devs, and Klingons got almost no attention when it was just Federation and KDF... now we're splitting that between 3 factions...

This isn't a hard conclusion. We don't need proof. This is simple deductive logic.

On the bright side, it's not like it's going to be worse than it has been the last year or two... outside of maybe our faction specific queues become even more anemic. The only thing KDF has been getting in shared content patches (or lock box stuff). So it won't get worse, because it was already a completely desertion of the Klingon faction by the developers; it just absolutely destroys any chance of it actually getting better.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So you have decided for others "we" don't need proof" and compare people who dare disagree with dogs.
    Nice.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you guys realize that you are feeding a troll, right?

Even if he truly believes what he is saying, he just keeps starting the same "DOOM!" thread over and over in different sections of the forum.

Quit giving the guy the attention he seems to so desperately crave. One of his doom threads is plenty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So you have decided for others "we" don't need proof" and compare people who dare disagree with dogs.
    Nice.:rolleyes:
    Let's turn this around... Is there evidence that the KDF is getting anything out of the update other than starting at level 1? Maybe my memory is faulty, but I thought the big problem with the KDF was that there just wasn't much to do red-side compared to the Feds. If no significant new content is being added to fill out those levels, the sparseness of the faction will simply be more apparent, and we'll be almost right back where we were when you could start KDF at level 6.

I'm with the guy who thinks Cryptic is just throwing the KDF yet another bone to keep the old dog quiet. Frankly, I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm not going to shrug off 3 years of neglect because of one line in an update about Rommies.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

So where's your proof?

there is a story about a scorpion and a frog.... its in it nature is the punchline.

Because cryptic done it before, they will do it again because Klingon's has gotten LESS worth with the new upcoming faction. Not more worth.

Dstahl has done it before, the only reason Klingon's got anything was while he was gone. The other guy started doing things. and then Dstahl returned and the progress of the Klingon content was again put to a minimum.

Its in his nature to minimize the importance of Klingon's thats why. A person does not change his priorities unless there is a really really really strong reason for it like a influx of 500% Klingon players. and that would require changed in the cstore etc... and thats not going to happen.

While on the other hand (and yes I am assuming) because the Romulans is going to be new and cool they will get more things in Cstore because it makes sense for cryotic to want to take advantage of the flood of Romulan players. They will ofc fill the cstore with romulan content and that in turn will create a influx of more romulan players.

someone said it is a paradox. klingons don't get much in the cstore because there is no great number of players and there wont be any great numbers until there is stuff in the cstore thats interesting.

so yes. I do not have any proof thats tangible more than to say to have a look at our past, after 3 years how many promises has been ignored? How much content has been scrapped?

How much more do you need to see before you start to assume that everything Dstahl says is to be taken with a LOT of sceptisicm.

Thats all folx
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, that's right -- thread merge.

I figured if all of the doom and gloom over the KDF was in one place it would be easier to moderate.

And one way or the other, the trolling will stop.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    you guys realize that you are feeding a troll, right?

Even if he truly believes what he is saying, he just keeps starting the same "DOOM!" thread over and over in different sections of the forum.

Quit giving the guy the attention he seems to so desperately crave. One of his doom threads is plenty.

either come with something constuctive or stay out, sir.
    stating that I am a troll is not constuctive, if you want to counter my statements by all means bring your proof. show me to theasis. why would KDF flourish from this update.

1-20 level content? No. Its nice but a little late.
    new UI? Please...thats not going to get ppl to come
    shared quests with romulans and feds? thats nice... but then again romulans and feds get it, why then go klingon?

counter then that romulans will probably (thinking money) get more content and more updates and more stuff in the cstore because cryptic wanna ride that money wave.

thats why if people chose another faction to go alting with, it will be romulan.

counter that with logic instead of dismissing my claims as being a troll. let me see if you can use deductive logic.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Yes, that's right -- thread merge.

I figured if all of the doom and gloom over the KDF was in one place it would be easier to moderate.

And one way or the other, the trolling will stop.

Thank you Bluegeek :)
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Bluegeek :)

So you created different doom threads on different subforums and then thank the mod when he merges them?

Right....obviously, you aren't trolling. :rolleyes:

Logic. BOOM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does make one wonder if Dstahls statement of "no Romulan faction until the KDF is finished" was so mch TRIBBLE gas.
    We can only wait and see but hey dont let that stop you all, trolls, continue to rub fans noses in the fact that they may have been once again fooled and forgotten by Cryptic.
    It really shows you best side and the value of your character, and has no effect on us fans what so ever.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
This discussion has been closed.