test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Files Episode 20

This week with a new intro and segment bumps, we discuss how the Foundry incorporates with Neverwinter. Then, after Quick Tips we review the Hunter Killer by Captain_Revo and ending with a discussion of the 5 star rating system in the Foundry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOynIHURXgI

Episodes are being made available on iTunes. Just search for Foundry Files and episodes will be under STOked Radio for download.
Post edited by admiralmurphy1 on

Comments

• lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dog TRIBBLE ftw! Good program guys. The begining of your new intro looks just like my screensaver from 1995.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Heh, you guys are right about the Interiors. Especially the Romulan Interiors.

Up until Alimac showed us the trick to make a custom Interior Ship map, I was forced to use the Cirini Prime Interior Map as the interior of a Romulan D7. And it became such a disaster because it was so buggy, and laggy as well.

But thanks to Alimac's trick, I happily replaced that Cirini Map with my own custom interior map of a Romulan D7, which has some things I bet you guys in the Foundry Files and Starbase UGC might be impressed with.

Now wish I can wrangle time to complete this two year journey. :P

But I got to ask, how do you score these Foundry missions? Like by what standards do you go for Storyline or Technique or Battles?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a Pakled. His name is Bubanig. I love him.

Great show, guys. Love the new credits.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • admiralmurphy1admiralmurphy1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But I got to ask, how do you score these Foundry missions? Like by what standards do you go for Storyline or Technique or Battles?

Oh we just make the numbers up ;)

I should probably plug it more, but if you go back to Episode 1 we cover our scoring system completely.

A brief run down is we break everything up into 3 main categories, Story Technical and Gameplay. Each has various sub-categories like we score in Story, Plot, Characters, Dialog, Canon Usage, etc... We'll score between 0-10 based on some simple guidelines for each category, and that's how we review a mission.